Any custom ROM for 5800

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
1) DL C6 V20.0.041 Firmware ported to Nokia 5800 V52.0.007 Fully Working and extract files to C:\Program Files\Nokia\phoenix\products\RM-XXX\
2) 3. Download and Install PKEY Emulator and J.A.F (Google them)
3) Run PKEY Emulator
4) Click OK
5) Ignore the error and click OK
6) Go to 'bb5'tab and Tick - Manual Flash, Dead USB, Normal mode, Untick - 'CRT 308'
7) Tick 'USE INI and Select your phone and appropriate RM from the list (RM can be found in device update)
8) Turn OFF your phone and connect it to the computer via USB
9) Click on flash. Click OK
10) Press (and not hold) the power button when asked by the program.
11) wait.
12) Done

This will install the default C6 FW.
If you want to install any other FW (like photon etc) then DL the CFW files and put them in the C:\Program Files\Nokia\phoenix\products\RM-XXX\ folder.
Rename if necessary

And what will happen to my contacts and Notes after I apply the Photon CFW. Will I be able to get them back through the Nokia Ovi suite installed and synchronized on my PC?

Use the backup thing in File Manager.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Thank you so much Ico :). I will backup using the file manager and then copy the backup folder on my PC just to be sure.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I would recommend the Phantom^1 FW, best ever I've used. It's a tweaked Photon C6-03.

Now avoid Photon C6-03 it gives less than 20 hours battery backup with minimal usage, Phantom^1 on the other hard lasts 2 days easily.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
I would recommend the Phantom^1 FW, best ever I've used. It's a tweaked Photon C6-03.

Now avoid Photon C6-03 it gives less than 20 hours battery backup with minimal usage, Phantom^1 on the other hard lasts 2 days easily.

Thanks will remember this:smile:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

Can you post a link please. Thanks. I was gonna install Photon c6-03 but am reconsidering now.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
@Ishu: Phantom^2 has removed podcasting. But I use that feature a lot.Will I be able to add that later?

comp@ddict

^^ I dunno. But Phantom^2 has **** load more bugs than Phantom^1.

Currently I'm using Infinity-01 and it's amazing. Waiting for 2(should come next month)

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Ohh this has bugs??? But I was thinking if I manage to do this right once, I will just keep changing the CFWs till I find the one I really like :). First time must be the most difficult.

Last edited:

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I just flashed with C6-03 modded CFW (Biovolt). Everything went off fine and now I have a fully functional phone. I have one irritant and a bug:
Irritant: I just hate what they have done with the full QWERTY keyboard. They have made the keys smaller and added a number key line unnecessarily. It's already pretty difficult to type on a virtual keyboard and this has made it 10X more difficult.
Bug: we can't add a contact to the home screen if the contact has more than one number or any other detail.

comp@ddict

^^ install swype. It's a better keyboard and easier to use too.

Although, with a C6 based FW, the RAM will be low, and Swype will eat up another 5MB. Forget Opera 11, constantly out of memory error.

I'm using a N97 ported FW based CFW. Get 62MB ram with widgets on.

Aayush

Right off the assembly line
Try THis One Its Based On C6 V40 And Makes Your Device Completely New... Go Here *tech-wack.blogspot.com/
*4.bp.blogspot.com/-ELHO2QQPn5w/TgQk-PNTWBI/AAAAAAAAAIo/XlxF3Oz3nHg/s1600/Scr000009.jpg

*2.bp.blogspot.com/-wlVnImr7PVE/TgQkzXI29eI/AAAAAAAAAIE/8h5vtDHpWes/s1600/Scr000001.jpg

Aayush

Dude Its Based On C6 V 40 Not V 20...

^^ but this one look exacly like Phantom ^2 which I am already using:smile:

Phantom ^2 is Outdated ,,its based on C6 V20 With Rather Very Less Mods ...This on Is Based on C6 V40 For Proof See This Its Got Simile and New Web Browser See *2.bp.blogspot.com/-mQHK6y1D0Po/TgQlAY_fcZI/AAAAAAAAAIw/eHcrmShcxqw/s1600/Scr000011.jpg*3.bp.blogspot.com/-DrJYlB7JQgw/TgQlBXTebII/AAAAAAAAAI0/3_bzX-A2z_o/s1600/Scr000012.jpg *2.bp.blogspot.com/-MoqjsjN6UTg/TgQlC_sJwAI/AAAAAAAAAI8/hM_YMwEHebk/s1600/Scr000014.jpg*4.bp.blogspot.com/-XWqwBBoHQIA/TgQlGebFI4I/AAAAAAAAAJM/HXpuY2NICZE/s1600/Scr000018.jpg
And Its Too Got 50 Mb Of Ram
*2.bp.blogspot.com/-MQqzTThcHR4/TgQlPFJVWUI/AAAAAAAAAJ4/SFNwN0WKNA4/s1600/Scr000029.jpg
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

But this is the most awesome!

*i53.tinypic.com/2ni420m.jpg

Its Only The Meego icons and n8 Font..You Can late Add them..

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
can u post a changelog from the site for C6V40 based cfw...I am anyways happy with what I have right now:smile:

Aayush

Change logs:

Change logs:
- Ovi map 3.06+
- Qt 4.07(3) + Qt mobility 1.01(3) + Qt webkit 4.07(3)
- Speed improve
- Better Ram manager
- Emoticon input
- Ovi contact removed
- Music player with lyrics update
- Nokia Brower 7.3.1.25 - Extremely fast
- Battery improve.

*2.bp.blogspot.com/-Hoe0gzMlx2c/TfpGgws74RI/AAAAAAAABE4/2a6ck4fi_UU/s1600/C6+V40+-version.jpg

Features :-
Base Nokia C6 V 40 Firmware.
50 MB Of Ram Free On Start up
Very Fast as compared to C6 V20 based phones.
Tried To Make It More Like Nokia N8
Added Mods That Work Best With The Phone
Mods Added :-
All N97 Mini Themes
All C6 Themes
Auto Rotate On By Default
Auto Rotate Qwerty
Camera Mods {-By RKY}
Camera Bug {fixed fahimmuchi}
Conversation For Msgs
Don't open menu when exit music player{by binh24}
Enable Caching For All Drives
Extra Zoom In Camera
Gallery Mod
Global Race Game With Extra 11 tracks
High Quality Voice Recording
Added Extra Memory Icon
Improved Wifi
Improved Rotation Speed
Improved Game UI
Improved Video Capture
Smooth Brightness
Press '0' To Switch Bluetooth On
Radio RDS Fix
Camera Ram Saving When Exit
S^3 Widget Clock
Send Every thing from File Browser
Call Duration On By Default
Summary After Call On By Default.
New Keyboard
Extended Menu
S^3 Like Menu
Increase Start up Sound
Mega Start Up
N8 Theme Effects
N8 Scrolling
Rom Patcher 2.6
Tap To Unlock
Original Feel Of Nokia (No Change In General Profile and Splash Screen)
And Many More Mods That Were Required.

Top Bottom