Any custom ROM for 5800

sujoyp

Grand Master
Friends anybody uses custom ROM for 5800. I am bored with its interface and will get a new handset in Diwali...but for now

all the features should work on that ROM.:smile:

Please Suggest??

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^ OMG, so you don't know about CFWs?? Amazing.. The wonders.

Go here, and amaze yourself..

v5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Files and Releases

I personally prefer these two CFWs:

(for 5230)

Phantom^1
InFiniTy^01

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
I know about them but never used them...I have put original hacked CFW few times but never a custom made..

Soo I want some advices...or else will bear the burden for 2-3 more months:razz:

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
opps If someone confused it with Samsung I5800 then I am sorry I was talking about nokia 5800

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^ try it, they are amazing. Speed gain = double

Conversations integrate(thread sms)
C6's great gallery (gallery loading of 100 pics takes 1 second including thumbnails, for first time)
Everything EXTREMELY FAST RUNNING

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok but I have heard that some of the functionality suffer ...and bugs??

Thats the reason I was asking ...anyways I will search ...I have seen many on dailymobile form

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Too many choices are confusing me. Can anyone suggest me the best Flashing method for the Nokia 5800 and also the best CFW. By best I mean stable and useful.
The Photon CFW requires some different flashing method which I haven't been able to understand. It has specifically asked not to use the Naviferm(or whatever?) but hasn't told anything about how to use the alternative.

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I'm using C6 RM-612 V40.0.021 ported to 5800 by mara- [Language packs added] ATM

Check these
[GUIDE] Flashing your phone with a CFW (Full Video and Text tutorial)
All Mods for CFW | for Nokia 5800 v50 & v40 and other S60v5 devices
Symbian Modding Guide For Newbies [Updated]

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Too many choices are confusing me. Can anyone suggest me the best Flashing method for the Nokia 5800 and also the best CFW. By best I mean stable and useful.
The Photon CFW requires some different flashing method which I haven't been able to understand. It has specifically asked not to use the Naviferm(or whatever?) but hasn't told anything about how to use the alternative.

You need core files
C6 V20.0.041 Firmware ported to Nokia 5800 V52.0.007 Fully Working

Thank You Ishu Gupta....very helpful

You're welcome.

tkin

Back to school!!
I think I'll try them out, one question, if I kill my phone when burning can I recover it? Or do I need to go to a service center?

tkin

Back to school!!
Flash again with a clean firmware and it'll be fine.

Do not downgrade you firmware though.
Can I upgrade to parallel firmware? I mean modded 52.xx to another modded 52.xx? Same version, no downgrading.

PS: Give me a link to the best firmware you ever used, I need looks as well speed, default 5800 firmware is slower than my father's 800/- phone.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Can I upgrade to parallel firmware? I mean modded 52.xx to another modded 52.xx? Same version, no downgrading.
Yep
PS: Give me a link to the best firmware you ever used, I need looks as well speed, default 5800 firmware is slower than my father's 800/- phone.

Nokia 5800,5530,523x,X6 - Photon C6-03 - The Fastest Firmware - Final Released!
Nokia 523X|5800|5530|X6-Fastest Firmware Ever-Phantom^2™C6 Based{Variant Added}

I'm using this one now. Its much faster than the default (60MB+ free RAM and 75MB+ free C: )

tkin

Back to school!!
Yep

Nokia 5800,5530,523x,X6 - Photon C6-03 - The Fastest Firmware - Final Released!
Nokia 523X|5800|5530|X6-Fastest Firmware Ever-Phantom^2™C6 Based{Variant Added}

I'm using this one now. Its much faster than the default (60MB+ free RAM and 75MB+ free C: )
Thanks, I'll try it out soon.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Yes the default Firmware on Nokia 5800 is very slow. But I haven't been able to find installation tutorials specifically for Photon c6-03.
This is the part that is confusing me:
Use PNHT's C6 Firmware CORE file with my CFW file and not NAVIFIRM files
I will have to use Naviform to install PNHT's c6 Firmware or is there some other software to do that?

And what will happen to my contacts and Notes after I apply the Photon CFW. Will I be able to get them back through the Nokia Ovi suite installed and synchronized on my PC?

Last edited:
OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
I too searched soo many firmware and even downloaded my own from nevifirm...but now confused...will do this flashing on sunday

Top Bottom