Any cheap domain offers ?

@vi

Journeyman
Guys any cheap domain offers going on ? needed a .com domain. Few days ago there was $1 .com domain at Godaddy, are there any similar going on ?

thanks in advance :)

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Don't fall for such offers. Even though godaddy is very reliable and has vast customer base, I have read bad reviews about them. But the main point is, for first year you may save $8-9 but from next year you may have to pay more. Normally .com domain costs around $11/annum, you can search for a discount coupon for Name.com and purchase from there.

OP
@

@vi

Journeyman
I am already a customer of Godaddy & I am satisfied :)

Yes, I agree with you 2nd charges will be high. But after first year we change the provider :p

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
godaddy is for starters, once you get experienced, you will ditch it as they are very bad for active sites.. I know because I have several people coming from godaddy..

Also, there is nothing like $1 but they actually take actual cost price from bundled hosting plans etc.

Consider $10 as average domain price for .com ..

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well, then I have one with free DNS, free email, free whois gaurd , free domain forwarder.. all with domain price.. around $9 !

PraKs

Youngling
YUP !

Yes I guess, not sure. But you can always create one from cPanel, no need of GD

Bro, I am talking of getting email ID when registering the domain. Will GD/Namecheap give email ID without taking webspace from them or anyone ?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Dunno about godaddy or any other service but Name.com gives you option to create email IDs even without hosting account.

PraKs

Youngling
@gagan007
Can you please help me confirm if Godaddy / namecheap gives option to create 1-2 emails ID ? (e.g. admin@xyz.com)
I am more inclined towards Godaddy / namecheap.

@kunal.d
Thank you. That means even if I change domain registrar (Godaddy to namecheap) free email IDs (e.g. admin@xyz.com) remains free ?
Can you please share any basic tutorials for this ?

PraKs

Youngling
@kunal.d
I tried on the net. Can you pls give tutorial on configuration of Google apps for emails IDs ?

Top Bottom