Any C Compiler available for Cell phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
I think I am right frm the begining!

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Ohh. , then i'll have to search for it .

@ganesh , Nokia doesn't provide compiler(actually it doesn't have it's compiler , it bundles along the GNU C++ Compiler for ARM Processor) or you can use the Commercial Compiler available from ARM itself ........

If u get any IDE for Cell Phones... update me....

asnvin said:
I saw in a advert. a month or two ago a windows phone with MRP of Rs.15000 . So you could get it for 10 000 very soon.

I-MATE SP5m is now Rs.11000... But will be very happy if that works with ordinary phones....:)

pathiks said:
@zeeshan i dont think u understood...
He needs a IDE that he can use in his cellfone to compile and link the code directly...
Not Carbide or Codewarrior to create symbian apps...

Special Thanks for making them clear wat i need!:)

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
I think with Linux phones(few motorolas,nokias),it can be possible,esp with debian/ubuntu got arm port of their apps incl gcc.

praka123

left this forum longback
^
ARM (arm)

First officially released with Debian 2.2. This port runs on a variety of embedded hardware, including the NSLU2.
*www.debian.org/ports/arm/
*www.debian.org/ports/
gcc:
*packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/download.pl?arch=arm&file=pool%2Fmain%2Fg%2Fgcc-defaults%2Fgcc_4.1.1-15_arm.deb&md5sum=19caaa395b31b07ea54dfb2a47f7e1a5&arch=arm&type=main
Introduction

As most of you know, Linux is just a kernel. And, for a long time, the Linux kernel ran only on the Intel x86 series of machines, from the 386 up (there is work being done to port Linux to 286, and earlier, machines. See the ELKS project for more information).
However, this is no longer true, by any means. The Linux kernel has now been ported to a large, and growing, list of architectures. Following close behind, we have ported the Debian distribution to these architectures. In general, this is a process with a sticky start (as we get libc and the dynamic linker working smoothly), and then a relatively routine, if lengthy job, of attempting to recompile all our packages under the new architectures.
Debian is an operating system (OS), not a kernel (actually, it is more than an OS since it includes thousands of application programs). To prove this, we have our first three fledgling non-Linux based ports, listed at the bottom of this page.
What is Debian?

Debian is a free operating system (OS) for your computer. An operating system is the set of basic programs and utilities that make your computer run. Debian uses the Linux kernel (the core of an operating system), but most of the basic OS tools come from the GNU project; hence the name GNU/Linux.
Debian GNU/Linux provides more than a pure OS: it comes with over 18733 packages, precompiled software bundled up in a nice format for easy installation on your machine.
*debian.org :)
also see Ubuntu mobile and embedded edition:
*wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileAndEmbedded
GNOME Mobile and Embedded Initiative
*www.openmoko.com/

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
@praka123 , thnx mate , this seems very interesting , might very well be able to run it on mah mobile(although it's a distant dream) :D

vish786

"The Gentleman"
most of the chinese cells are based on linux. recently my friend got around 6 mobiles and i found konquerer as file manager.:) sound quality sucks, but loundness of the mobile is so much... if i play mp3 file on 4th floor it can easily be heard at ground floor. thought of taking that mobile to college once and surprising everybody. :D

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Ganeshkumar said:
Thanks...
So can i Buy Moto Ming Linux Phone and install this and work?
Can any1 explain me thisss?
well first you'll hv to find out IF a compiler is avialable for the linux mobile you're using and only if it's available will your investment be worthy .

otherwise if you want to compile Python scripts on the go on your mobile then surely i can help you with an on-the-go python Interpreter :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Check up that on motorolafans forum. You might find something useful.

Check *www.motorolafans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5896 and *www.mkezx.org/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom