Any C Compiler available for Cell phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi

I think of compiling some mini c programs during move.....:D

Is there any software for phones, so that i can type, compile and execute it during move?

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Yes long doubt.... However if it is possible I wuld convince my father to get a mobile for me!

I googled but dont got anything!!!!

slugger

Banned
Ganeshkumar said:
Yes long doubt.... However if it is possible I wuld convince my father to get a mobile for me!

I googled but dont got anything!!!!

y don't u convince ur dad 2 buy u a handset running Win CE or Win mobile [probably] then u can install a c compiler on it

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
But my Budget wuld be arnd 10K - 11K! It wuld be g8 If I culd Install the C in my Java phone (As I wuld prefer SE)!

Still Waiting for reply!

Any1 with good idea........?

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
AFAIK [thry personal exp], coding requires extensive keyboard usage, and keyboard with handsets r pretty crummy as of now 4 this purpose, so i doubt u will find a solution, but keep searhin' and if u find somethin, i'd b extemely intrested 2 know dat

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Carbide.C++ is an IDE for Symbian Development and it also includes the GNU C++ compiler for Symbian Phones .

*forum.nokia.com/main/resources/tools_and_sdks/carbide_cpp/index.html

but i would suggest you go for Java based mobile development as it can run on All mobiles .

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Carbide.C++ is an IDE for Symbian Development and it also includes the GNU C++ compiler for Symbian Phones .

but i would suggest you go for Java based mobile development as it can run on All mobiles .

I think U r giving tool for Developing Applications for Mobile!:confused:
But wat i need is a tool to execute c programs in my cell!

Anyway I am checking the link..............
Thanks for reply:) ! Is there anything like that???

slugger said:
AFAIK [thry personal exp], coding requires extensive keyboard usage, and keyboard with handsets r pretty crummy as of now 4 this purpose, so i doubt u will find a solution, but keep searhin' and if u find somethin, i'd b extemely intrested 2 know dat

Yes u r correct! But sometimes i can use it for writing some small tricky programs (Like question in Test ur C Skills Book) on the move!

Even i dont use much, I am anxious to know that is that possible!:)

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
Offtopic :
Zeeshan Quireshi said:

hey dude i'm not finding the update for my cell... this is the mobile i have, but dont know which file should donwload and isntall for updating my nokia cell... find out and tell me na. here is my cell

*forum.nokia.com/devices/6820

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
@vish768 , Mate i think Nokia doesn't offer updates for phones except the most recent ones and for the ones that are based on the latest Symbian version until a newer version is released .

@ganesh , mate the link i gave u is the official Compiler and IDE available from nokia for their symbian phones .

also programming for mobiles is not like normal app development , you just simply write a program for mobile like u do for windows and make it run on it .

u have to learn the Symbian SDK or J2ME to do mobile development .

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
@ganesh , mate the link i gave u is the official Compiler and IDE available from nokia for their symbian phones .

also programming for mobiles is not like normal app development , you just simply write a program for mobile like u do for windows and make it run on it .

u have to learn the Symbian SDK or J2ME to do mobile development .

:p Thanks! But the Size is 133 MB! :sad: Can u tell me after downloading wat shld i do?
If possible tell me the Symbian Application (Compiler & IDE) alone for Downlaoding... I am also searching in that site! I think that wuld be less than 10MB!

Thanks!:p

slugger said:
and our friend here just wanted 2 do Helloooo World-kinda programs using C

Yes!!:cool: But the way I execute (in my Cell phone) will attract everyone! :D :D

But I have to go for Nokia Phones:(

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
@Ganesh , the lik i gave you only includes the compiler and ide . you need to download the SDK separately .

Overall , total downloads needed to set up a symbian development system is ~300 MB , and you can't do without downloaing this much

Pathik

Google Bot
@zeeshan i dont think u understood...
He needs a IDE that he can use in his cellfone to compile and link the code directly...
Not Carbide or Codewarrior to create symbian apps...

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Ganeshkumar said:
But my Budget wuld be arnd 10K - 11K! It wuld be g8 If I culd Install the C in my Java phone (As I wuld prefer SE)!

Still Waiting for reply!

Any1 with good idea........?

I saw in a advert. a month or two ago a windows phone with MRP of Rs.15000 . So you could get it for 10 000 very soon.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
pathiks said:
@zeeshan i dont think u understood...
He needs a IDE that he can use in his cellfone to compile and link the code directly...
Not Carbide or Codewarrior to create symbian apps...
Ohh. , then i'll have to search for it .

@ganesh , Nokia doesn't provide compiler(actually it doesn't have it's compiler , it bundles along the GNU C++ Compiler for ARM Processor) or you can use the Commercial Compiler available from ARM itself .

and , about developing apps , well to write Native apps for nokia phone you have to di it via the Symbian SDK . even if you want to write simple console applications , you have to program that using the Symbian SDK .

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Let me tell u that he wants the compiler to use ON cellphone & not FOR cell phone applications.

Am I right ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom