any body like to quake

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
well, i have quake 3 but i m sort-of more interetd in UT and we have a bigger community as well.........r u interested?

vmp_vivek

In the zone
MysticHalo said:
well, i have quake 3 but i m sort-of more interetd in UT and we have a bigger community as well.........r u interested?

Same here for UT2004. Please vote for us guys who are interested. :)

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I have css/cscz, ut 2k3 and Quake 3 arena. I don't have UT 2k4 though. So anybody starting a server plz inform this post so that we have many humans to play against.

q3_abhi

Youngling
How much spee does Quake 3 MP require????

Bcoz i have a dial up connection.

BTW, i m interested to play .

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Q3 can run on 56k no problem. I used to when i had dial up. The only thing that can affect is the distance between our houses, probably. But, we won't know for sure before we try.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i would also like to join u people .. i can get quake 3 arena .. somebody please tell me how to configure to play multiplayer .. i have never done it before n ya is it okay to play on a dataone 256kbps connection ? how much data transfer will take place in an hour or so ?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Let me see. I will setup a Q3 server right now (12:50 AM) at:
IP: 125.22.68.44
port: 27960
Server name will be thinkdigit.

I'll be waiting for about half an hour and if no one shows up, we'll see tommorrow.

vmp_vivek

In the zone
siriusb said:
Maybe it's a bit late since nobody came. Let me try tommorrow.

Hey, sorry I didn't see this thread running about Quake Multiplayer! :oops: Of course I can come online if you guyz want to and when to... :) We can have fun! :D :p

Edit: Again sorry, as I posted above about UT 2K4, so I will be with Q3 as everybody says... :)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Count me in too as long as you guys let me know beforehand and the difference in time zones doesn't create a problem :)

Might have issues with lag due to the geographical separation :p

mohit

The Hardware Labs
mohit said:
i would also like to join u people .. i can get quake 3 arena .. somebody please tell me how to configure to play multiplayer .. i have never done it before n ya is it okay to play on a dataone 256kbps connection ? how much data transfer will take place in an hour or so ?

someone plz clear my doubts ^^^

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
For hosting a multiplayer, here's a small tutorial:
-Go to command prompt and type "ipconfig". Note your public IP address.
-Start quake3 arena
-Start a singleplayer game. Press the "~' key and type "net_port". Note this value too. By default it is always 27960.
-Come out of quake and report in this thread the time, IP and port.
-Start quake 3, again.
-Click on Multiplayer
-Choose the "Internet" as source
-Click the "create" button
-Choose the game type, map and number of players.
-Check "Pure server" to make sure everyone is playing with the same mod as the server.
-Uncheck "dedicated server" if u are also planning on playing. Otherwise, if you want to only host, then check it.

For joining a hosted game,
-Write down the IP address amd port of the computer hosting the game.
-Start quake 3
-Go to options->player ans select your character and player name.
-Click on multiplayer
-Select the Internet source and click on the "Specify" button.
-Enter the details and start.

@Mohit, yes you can play on 256k. I have played on a 56k and Q3 is supposed to work even on 33.6k, so, no problem. As for the amount of data sent/received, I don't know. You might be able to reduce the amount of data sent by choosing your connection type in the Options->Network menu option as 56k. But I am not really sure.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Guys when i try to enter any level in multi player mode. I enter successfully but then it says connection interupted after every 2-3 seconds. My game cuts in between. I m using reliance phone and i connect it thru data cable Websites open fine but game is not running properly.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Alright, the time here at my place is around 8:53 PM. If anyone's starting the server or wanna join, start telling your optimum time to start.

q3_abhi

Youngling
ok can i join in ????

Bcoz the guy says that the game interrupts every 2-3 sec???

I have a sucking 28.8 KBps Modem.

Plz tell me. i m eager to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom