• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

any body like to quake

Status
Not open for further replies.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
28.8kbps is not really enough to play Q3 as the game says a minimum of a 33.6kbps.

OK, today I am starting a server a little early. IP is 59.144.16.167:27960
I won't be online for long, say one hour, so make haste. The latency is gonna be pretty high with we being from all over the country. Also, I've never hosted a Q3 game before (with humans in it), so do bear with me.

q3_abhi

Youngling
siriusb said:
@q3abhi,
about 28.8kbps modems, it seems that you can play quite happily on one.
http://www.thehaus.net/index.php?ent=783

Thanks for this.

But i wanna know does version matter ??

Bcoz i have 1.27 version installed.

Whenever i search for servers it doesnt show up any.

Moreover when i entered the IP address specified by Sirius, it goes back to the main Menu.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
am not sure if version matters. I think it does not.

If it doesn't show any server, then it's probably set to "LAN" instead of Internet or maybe it's taking a bit longer to retrieve the list from the id master servers.

A lot of ppl asked but no one else wanted to come online? How about today at 11:00 PM? Anyone?

Edit:
For anyone that's interested, Server at 10:00 PM at 59.144.19.44, port27960

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
How much data transfer does an hour or so of online gaming consume. I really need to know this as i (like many people) have the dataone 256kbps connection which has a monthly limit of 400MB. I have a feeling that it consumes huge amount of download. I once played the NFSMW demo for 10-15 minutes and it consumed 45MB of Data.
This is an important issue. So someone, please help!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@sirius ,add me to ur messenger list and inform me when u start ur server my yahoo id is tarey_g@yahoo.com(i think every one will have to add each other messenger or otherwise it will not be possible to play any game , forum cant do instant messenging) , i'll keep q3 installed on my comp :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom