Ants inside LCD screen! what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
janitha said:
Somebody pl advise reg the possibility of getting it replaced. Shall I contact Viewsonic through E-mail or is it better to contact the dealer? The dealer is 80 kms away but well known to me.

I would suggest you to first contact dealer & see whether they can sort out the issue. Dealers also can do the replacement. They will contact Viewsonic for replacement if the set is with in warrenty period.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
ants can spoil the circuits and PCBs. Switch off completely and spray hit and leave it for 24 hours. After a while brush the ant dead bodies and ur system is safe to use.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:'-D The ♥ants r long dead.. and here comes a reply!!! To kill them!!!

Read them other threads too yaar... @least those b4 urs

Last edited:

planetcall

Indian by heart
LCD = Lovers Crushed to Death. Want to know what they are doing up there now ?

*www.myspacedev.com/img/smilies/love/love0069.gif

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
I remember seeing this thread long ago and i laughed at that time.....now the same thing happened to me....WTF an ant in my new 1 week old Dell SE198WFP:mad:,tis fuking ant is sitting at the center:(

@janitha
wt did u do at that time?

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I was away from the forum for a long period covering the time this thread was running. I sympathise with the frustration of the OP, but also find the thread very entertaining. :)

There was another thread about ants inside an LCD a couple of weeks ago - I think the OP was Vishal Gupta.

zyberboy: If you can't think of anything better, why don't you place some sugar near the monitor and leave it overnight? It just might lure the ant out. I suggest you take precautions not to attract other ants though, as they might want to get into the act and you end up with more ants inside the monitor. :) You could place the monitor and the sugar inside a plastic bag and tie it up tight.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
The monitor developed problems with the front panel buttons and reduced brightness later on. It was collected by the company and when attempts to repair it failed, was replaced by a new monitor in sealed pack. After about 2 months, it developed problems with backlighting and was replaced after a delay of three weeks. The new one had the latest date of manufacture and it works perfectly even now and even the display quality is better than the earlier two ones.

And thanks to the youtube video posted by blueshift, I was able to convince them that such things do happen.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
man same happened to my LCD. but i left it alone and it creeped out itself.. just dont press on the glass where it is as that would kill it and leave it there for ever.

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
did u bychance drop something sweet near ur pc ??

do u have ur snacks near ur pc ??

No. But the question is whether the manufacturers should ensure that the gap between the actual LCD panel and the outer protective thin panel is sealed or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom