Ants inside LCD screen! what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Now when I booted up my PC it is seen that something is crawling on the LCD screen. On closer inspection it is found to be two small ants. When I tried to remove them using a small piece of paper it was found that they are not on the screen but behind the screen or may be behind its outer layer. They stop for some time and then again crawl. What to do?

If they die there, each will be worse than a dead pixel or the formic acid in them may cause even more problems.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
What are the ants doin there? :shock: I guess they came for pixel inspection. Don't worry much. Poor little pair of ants. :)
They may crawl on the screen becoz of presence of light. Just switch off the monitor for sometime. Doing so they may find the way outside.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
R they real?

If they r... blow them out. See where there is a chance of entry.

Last edited:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
i dont think it is possible for ants to get between the pixels and the glass. not possible as a lcd is sealed from all sides

are u sure it is not a prank program on ur pc LOL

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Check this out... in Internet Explorer...

Look familiar? Is this the kinda ants u get? Didja off the lcd and check out whether they r still there?

Last edited:

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
By this i remeber
I had got ants in my Hard disk because something fell in.
The Hard Disk was destroyed
I had to replace it for 3K

kumarmohit

Technomancer
When I was in school there was a classmate of mine from whose eyes ants came out, it was even covered a newspaper. Actually an ant had somehow laid eggs in his eyes. I am also sure because my mother was my class teacher and she remembers almost all of her students, including me :)

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
They were real and I shut down the PC thinking that it may go once the light is gone( as now I see Kiran had suggested). Unfortunately when I booted up now, one is gone and the other is still and seems to have expired. And its size has become somewhat smaller, may be it has shrunken. And sadly it is almost in the middle.
And I forgot to mention, the table was full of ants when this happened.

mediator

Technomancer
janitha said:
Now when I booted up my PC it is seen that something is crawling on the LCD screen. On closer inspection it is found to be two small ants. When I tried to remove them using a small piece of paper it was found that they are not on the screen but behind the screen or may be behind its outer layer. They stop for some time and then again crawl. What to do?

If they die there, each will be worse than a dead pixel or the formic acid in them may cause even more problems.
:D:D
Use Vaccuum cleaner!

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
koolbluez said:
Check this out... in Internet Explorer...

Look familiar? Is this the kinda ants u get? Didja off the lcd and check out whether they r still there?

Nice dude:D they even follow the pointer:D

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
janitha said:
They were real and I shut down the PC thinking that it may go once the light is gone( as now I see Kiran had suggested). Unfortunately when I booted up now, one is gone and the other is still and seems to have expired. And its size has become somewhat smaller, may be it has shrunken. And sadly it is almost in the middle.
And I forgot to mention, the table was full of ants when this happened.

Oh! One ant at center of LCD? I think it committed suicide becoz its partner ran away from there! :-D

Okkk..Did you blow it out? You should be very care full while using Vaccum cleaner. See that the pressure is not so high else it may damage inner PCB layouts.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Offtopic...

No offence.. but i cant stop laughing... :) ... anyway today one of my frnd gonna buy one LCD for him self, i am smsing him that before he buys, he must make sure that the LCD is Ants Proff lol...

anyway, poor dude which died inside... well whats the cops said, will the write it as accident or suicide or gonna charge u with Attempt to murder or direct 302 ?? ;)

lol...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Rollercoaster said:
i dont think it is possible for ants to get between the pixels and the glass. not possible as a lcd is sealed from all sides

are u sure it is not a prank program on ur pc LOL

Its very much posible , same thing happened to my friends LCD monitor , he got it replaced from the company. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom