Ants inside LCD screen! what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
vimal_mehrotra said:
In a crt ants would have been fried.:p
IN crt ants can't enter as it is sealed.
Ants once entered mt Keyboard and ate half of the rubber pegs/keys in the kb and they also ventured my Speaker so I sealed the way in to my speaker with a tape. They were entering the speaker from bottom. But thanks god that my speaker was not affected but my Keyboard faced a tough time with ANTS.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
janitha said:
Now when I booted up my PC it is seen that something is crawling on the LCD screen. On closer inspection it is found to be two small ants. When I tried to remove them using a small piece of paper it was found that they are not on the screen but behind the screen or may be behind its outer layer. They stop for some time and then again crawl. What to do?

lol...I found your situation very much similar to this thread here. Go through the discussion their. But I suggest you replace it!

Members, you can watch the video in YouTube:(from above posted link)
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tu_yBEZ-is

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
hehehe...This thread made my day! :D he said to gently beat the monitor where the ant is dead. It would slowly come out! :D

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
pathiks said:
so is the second ant dead or alive... bhagwan unki atma ko shanti de :D

Yes sir. Report: Second ant reported dead almost 6 hours ago.
Reason: Anuman hai ki woh kud kushi hai...:cry:

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sorry for the delay, I was too busy officially.
Thanks to all of you for the concern showed and also some of the humourous comments. Yesterday it was so similar to the video in the link provided by "blueshift" that I thought it was taken from my monitor. I tried to vacuum and tried at every possible orifice including the vents in the back but to no avail.
It is tragic since the LCD was having very good performance and till now has no dead/stuck pixel. And I bought it at a fabulous price few months back.(VX922, 17.5K)
Is there a possibility of getting replacement? If I remember correct, I had registered the product online.
Below is the link to the late ant. (Not a good pic since my Coolpix's CCD is also dead and had to use a Samsung 3.2 which doesn't have macro)
*img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s3700034zl2.jpg

shashank4u

Youngling
pathiks"so is the second ant dead or alive... bhagwan unki atma ko shanti de "
very funny..hahahha..
poor ants ..
and poor..lcd owner..
what u gonna do now...

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Somebody pl advise reg the possibility of getting it replaced. Shall I contact Viewsonic through E-mail or is it better to contact the dealer? The dealer is 80 kms away but well known to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom