antivirus updating on multiple computers

ghantaukay

Broken In
I have three computers on which I have installed Norton Anti virus (three user license) Do I have to manually go to all three computers to update the antivirus or is there a way to get round this problem? Sometime I barely use my home computer (on vacations when I go out) and when I come back there is the tedious process of updating some 900 MB of updates or so while my laptop has the latest updates. Please help.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Please try the following and let me know if it works - create a system restore point since this may not work and could even crash your system. The definitions may be in a folder like C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\Norton\Definitions - copy this from the system with the latest updates. Save it at a temporary location in the system with old updates. Boot in safe mode and overwrite the above folder with the files from the temporary location. Reboot and see if it works.

Arun

Rajesh345

Youngling
I have three computers on which I have installed Norton Anti virus (three user license) Do I have to manually go to all three computers to update the antivirus or is there a way to get round this problem? Sometime I barely use my home computer (on vacations when I go out) and when I come back there is the tedious process of updating some 900 MB of updates or so while my laptop has the latest updates. Please help.

*www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=n95

179 mb only

Top Bottom