Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
how do i install 2015 KIS ,have KIS 2014 installed.will use a cd based replacement-will i have to completely uninstall the older version

Go to kaspersky, click on licence.. select remove licence.. Uninstall KIS 2014, install KIS 2015.. put the CD Key back in..Thats it

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
btw, does anyone know how many times i can activate a Kaspersky licence? im saying after PC format or reinstallation.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not sure but don't install too often.best way is to uninstall it first(select remove license info too during uninstall) when connected to internet & then format/reinstall windows.this way kaspersky activation servers will know that you have uninstalled a particular key.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
not sure but don't install too often.best way is to uninstall it first(select remove license info too during uninstall) when connected to internet & then format/reinstall windows.this way kaspersky activation servers will know that you have uninstalled a particular key.

hmm.. i didnt know it worked that way too..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I had tried that more than 9 times ( i dont really remember the eexact number but lets say 9 times to be safe) and it said, maximum number of activations has been done..
Although before uninstalling, I hadnt removed the licence from the Kaspersky interface.. Maybe that was my mistake there..
This was in KIS 2013 I think

BhargavJ

In the zone
Since this morning, I've been facing a peculiar problem: Bitdefender keeps giving me an alert every minute about a virus in the user - roaming - Microsoft Office folder. I've already made a thread on the BitD forum:

Bitdefender Continously Showing Virus Alert For Same File. - Bitdefender Forum

If anyone here has the time, please read that thread and make some suggestions.

The virus spreads by USB drive, where it creates shortcuts. I had connected my USB drive to a computer and when I connected it later to my laptop, it did show the shortcuts with the original files missing (hidden). But that was two day ago - so did the virus wait for two days before activating itself?

Also, I formatted the USB drive that same day. So has it become clean or can the virus survive a quick format?

Abhii1902

Broken In
Downloaded 300 mb with windows update off and no process running in background still avira engine was not installed? How to install it in 360 Ts

Minion

Conversation Architect
Downloaded 300 mb with windows update off and no process running in background still avira engine was not installed? How to install it in 360 Ts

It is a bug Avira engine should be already installed just reboot your PC after installing avira engine.

$hadow

Geek in making
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

^^Which engine is used by 360 AV

- - - Updated - - -

Minion

Conversation Architect
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

- - - Updated - - -

360 Internet security-Bitdefender engine, Inhouse engine(QVM)
360 Total security-Avira,Bitdefender,QVM (Avira & Bitdefender are optional)

- - - Updated - - -

Troed 3 times downloaded around 700 mb still Avira engine was not installed in 360 Ts any other good lightweight antivirus?

Try Bitdefender free.

Top Bottom