Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

rohitshakti2

In the zone
I am currently dealing with a Trojan:DNSchanger which has infected my PC and I have used AVG Internet Security, Kaspersky internet security, Anti-malwarebytes, MS antivirus and malware removal, Spyboot4, Norton power erazer, housecall, adwcleaner, junkware removal tool but all have failed to remove this Trojan.

Now i think i will have to format my PC to get it removed. I have shared the details here:

*www.digit.in/forum/software-q/190653-unwanted-adult-popup-coming-up-while-browsing.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
did you try using a bootable AV version like the bootable version of avira ?
Download Avira Rescue System | Official Website

geek_rocker

Broken In
If that doesn't work, try Malwarebytes Anti-malware and Emsisoft Emergency Kit. You can also download Kaspersky's Rescue CD. Kaspersky is pretty good at disinfection without collateral damage in these scenarios I heard.

Also, take a look at this: Shadowbot Removal Instructions | Kaspersky Lab

Last edited:

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Thanks friends.

Pls check the below link for the happenings on my PC till date. Problem still persists. Thanks again.

*www.digit.in/forum/software-q/190653-unwanted-adult-popup-coming-up-while-browsing-2.html

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

so if i buy a 3 year key, i will have to stay on that specific version for 3 years??

- - - Updated - - -

also, how is comodo firewall?? any issues if i pair it up with KAV??

i compared KAV and KIS, and saw that there are not any significant differences between those two. so thought of going with KAV and comodo firewall..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=34930]Zangetsu[/MENTION],who told you that?kaspersky keys are time bound not version bound.as long as your key is valid you can upgrade or directly use it with latest version.

[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION],using comodo firewall with KAV in my opinion is overkill & not suitable for an average user.in fact why not try TS360 or avira AV,both of which are free & have almost similar performance as kaspersky.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Okay installed TS360 along with Comodo Firewall.

Lets monitor the performance over the next few days.

how is false positive detection for TS360?

andy_65_in

Padawan
how do i install 2015 KIS ,have KIS 2014 installed.will use a cd based replacement-will i have to completely uninstall the older version

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
[MENTION=34930]Zangetsu[/MENTION],who told you that?kaspersky keys are time bound not version bound.as long as your key is valid you can upgrade or directly use it with latest version.

I had Bitdefender 2013 key and it didn't worked for 2014 version when it was released.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

how do i install 2015 KIS ,have KIS 2014 installed.will use a cd based replacement-will i have to completely uninstall the older version

just start installation. it will automatically install over the older version.

- - - Updated - - -

I had Bitdefender 2013 key and it didn't worked for 2014 version when it was released.

i searched on KAspersky site. they allow upgrades to latest s/w versions on the same key.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i just started with TS360. i'll share my views after a couple of months.

Haven't used Avira. have used Avast. its okay, but throws a lot of false positives. it showed me false positives with the last update of Insurgency on steam. 4GB of my data was lost due to the failed update.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no experience with 360 total security but using avira & it is working fine except for one minor issue for me.it seems that some avira updates require restart of pc but you will not get any prompt to restart,you will only notice it when updates start failing & log show "engine validation" error.only way i know for this issue is restarting/shut down pc every day instead of keeping it on/hibernation/not restarting for days(i sometimes don't restart my laptop for days but use hibernate to power off).

Minion

Conversation Architect

Okay installed TS360 along with Comodo Firewall.

Lets monitor the performance over the next few days.

how is false positive detection for TS360?

Install avira engine in 360 total security. Performance will be very good I do not face any slow down with it doesn't increase boot time.

I didn't face any false positive during my usage.

- - - Updated - - -

TS360 or Avira ? which wud u prefer ?

If you have a modern system you can use AVG. if system is older then use Total security 360(with avira engine).

Top Bottom