Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tenida, stick with what you have found suitable for you. There's nothing like best and worst antivirus or security suite. And none of them are foolproof. If Norton works for you, just stick with it.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Hello i have said good for me just look at my above post and then comment.I am not telling everybody to use norton, if i said so wats harm in that!!

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Tenida said:
Hello i have said good for me just look at my above post and then comment.Why you are so bother about that.I am not telling everybody to use norton, if i said so wats harm in that!!
Bro Skud is just giving you a advice and that too nice one. Why are you being offensive. Yeah I know that its best for you but its not good for everyone its just that simple. Everyone has his own personal choice and there is nothing wrong with that. Just be cool.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
And i have valid reason to liking NIS 2011 over KIS 2011.So in my own view its quite good.

Bro Skud is just giving you a advice and that too nice one. Why are you being offensive. Yeah I know that its best for you but its not good for everyone its just that simple. Everyone has his own personal choice and there is nothing wrong with that. Just be cool.

But i have said its my personal view.Bro.Everyone has his own personal choice and there is nothing wrong with that. ( That's I wanted to say)

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool down guys. We are not experts here so no hard feelings. Everybody is airing their personal experiences. Just chill. :))

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Used only the firewall. For me the best firewall out there. Never failed in ShieldsUp or any other tests. But Comodo always fails in ShieldsUp even after manually configuring it. No such hassles with Outpost ever. Actually this was the very first firewall I have used way back in 2002 when it was known as Agnitum Outpost Forewall. It was much leaner and speedier then. Slowly slowly it started putting on junk like the antispyware which is of no use.

Last edited:

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
outpost antimalware is not so bad, better than rising/comodo [no offense comodo lovers].....

check this.....

Virus Bulletin : VB100 award - latest comparative

me, using that with Avast free....no problem for a long time.......

BTW, anyone used F-secure IS??? i got 1 giveaway, using it also on other windows installation, everywhere [virusbtn/av-comparative/av-test etc. ] it got good ratings.... but never see that someone using it....

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Actually in everyday usage I have never seen it to be very effective. I am using Outpost since 2002 and tracked their progress fairly well. It might be better than comodo etc. but not up to the mark IMO.

Cool Comps

Pirate Slayer
Net protector anti virus 2011
price: 450
Didnt use on the recommendation of forum users. So no one buy this.
If some one does have it please report on this thread.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Cool Comps said:
So no one buy this.
If some one does have it please report
on this thread.
I almost bought it for my laptop. The salesman almost succeded in pursuing me to buy it.
Then it clicked my mind, I havent heard anyone reccomend it.
Came out of the shop with a frown.

ontopic-
can anyone do a detailed of Avira paid version?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
AntiVirus Name | McAfee® VirusScan® Enterprise Free or Paid |Paid
Price in INR |No idea. Its the AV used by our office.
Protection Type |Realtime, antispyware module included.
User Friendly |3
Detection Rate |3
Price |NA
Overall |3
Recommend to Use | No

Comments:- Tested this since version 8.5. The latest 8.8 seems to improve somewhat, but the previous 8.7i was a hell to use. The realtime engine is amongst the weakest I have seen. Never really bothered to catch the autorun viruses in pendrives. Detection rate is fairly low even compared to the free AV. :shock: All in all, avoid it at any cost.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
TBH Comodo has best Firewall their Security suite isn't that good. I only use Comodo Firewall and I can tell that its one of the best.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Comodo Firewall is pretty good although I have found Outpost to be better. Only problem I have found is that even after tweaking Defense+ just keep on asking too much question.

gameranand

Living to Play
Skud said:
Comodo Firewall is pretty good although I have found Outpost to be better. Only problem I have found is that even after tweaking Defense+ just keep on asking too much question.
About questions. Yes it does ask a lot of em but I feel protected with this.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
why go for comodo or these newcomers when you get solid A/V protection from Avast/Avira for free (though comodo a few others are free too). best is to use Combo Security Suite (AV+Firewall+Antimalware) rather than Internet Security Suite.

comodo's detection wasn't high & still the same. for hassle free A/V, MSE is the choice.

gameranand

Living to Play
Sam said:
why go for comodo or these newcomers when you get solid A/V protection from Avast/Avira for free (though comodo a few others are free too). best is to use Combo Security Suite (AV+Firewall+Antimalware) rather than Internet Security Suite.
Well I personally prefer different protection from different companies. Like Firewall from Comodo, AV from Avira or Avast, Anti Spyware from Spybot Search and Destroy. :)

Top Bottom