Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^PCMag is alright for casual review but for some in-depth reviews always check AV-Comparatives site.
AV-Comparatives Summary-Report December 2016 - AV-Comparative

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Kaspersky internet security and bitdefender are other two options I have but both are paid.

I had created a thread on Bitdefender AV for a groupby...interested folks can join that
*forum.digit.in/chit-chat/199927-group-buy-bitdefender-total-security-2017-a.html

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl

Installed 360.. Avira and bitdefender virus engines are on...

Now need help with others security softwares...
Firewall, Anti malware, Anti keylogger, Anti Spyware, etc etc.. suggest some..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
firewall---Tinywall
360 with avira & bitdefender is more than enough,no other software required unless you like to actively search for viruses/malware.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Firewall, Anti malware, Anti keylogger, Anti Spyware, etc etc.. suggest some..

None required.

Just keep doing regular cleanup using ccleaner and you'll be good to go.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Firewall,Anti malware, Anti keylogger, Anti Spyware, etc etc.. suggest some..

Did you install 3 different av's?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
no. Total 360 security antivirus provides Avira and Bit Defender's engines for the virus scans. "Total 360 security" is the name of a single application.

quicky008

Technomancer
i downloaded and installed tinywall but the problem is it automatically blocks most applications by default and unlike other firewalls such as comodo or zonealarm it doesn't display the list of programs that it has blocked or shows any popup alerts for them either.On my system it has blocked my av program(avast)and so its auto-update feature is not working unless the firewall is disabled completely.I tried adding avast service,ashUpd.exe & avastui.exe as exceptions but it was of no use.

Can anyone tell me what should i do to restore avast's internet access priviledges so that its vital functions like auto update can work properly?

quicky008

Technomancer
^Thanks,its finally working now.Is there any way to view the list of apps that have been blocked by tinywall like in other conventional firewall programs?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
By default,tinywall blocks everything.So instead of viewing list of apps blocked,you have to see list of apps not blocked(aka whitelist/exceptions). Everything outside of whitelist/exceptions is blocked.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Ok. But why not use bitdefender engine in 360???
Also other than 360 total security, which software to install?
Like firewall, anti malware, Anti Spyware, Anti keylogger etc etc??

Bitdefender uses too much RAM.for firewall you can use comodo firewall but switch off HIPS use auto sandbox only.

Top Bottom