Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I tried AVG Internet Security 1 year license for free, I'll be trying Bitdefender's Free version next.
Does it have any site blocking feature?
is an offline installer available?

any other program recommended for website blocking in the following manner:
the URL of the site blocked should appear in the address bar but the site shouldn't load.

PS: I have used avast also, wanted to try something new for a change,

Bitdefender free has awesome site blocking feature.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Re: Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

I cam say the same for Avast. Though Avira annoys too much with Pro Edition Ads.
yeah..pops out pro version ad once in a while :mrgreen:

i never saw a single ad in bitdefender free installed on my 32bit windows system in 3-4 months of usage
yes..
its written in their website

"NO NAGGING COMMERCIALS
We know you don't like it when intrusive commercials disrupt your user experience. That's why Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition only displays discreet, rare messages, with stuff you really need to know."

Hmm..i have used Bitdefender TS & IS now i think i will switch to Bitdefender Free Edition from Avira what do you say?

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah either Bitdefender or Avast. I have nearly equal experience with both, though I like Avast for the Boot time scan and the looks. :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
bitdefender free is good & light weight.i suggest giving it a try for 4-5 days & if it works fine on your system then keep it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
bitdefender is not installing at all. tried every method, but it just won't install. :(

Found a free website blocker which suits my use.
K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter and Parental Control Software | Free Internet Filtering and Parental Controls Software

Bitdefender Total Security 6 months giveaway.
Bitdefender Total Security 2014 free 6 months

I haven't tested it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
when it comes to install kaspersky & bitdefender are very touchy & if you have used some other AV before & there are even some traces left they won't install.if that's the case then get avast(preferred) or avira(even with ads it is still tolerable).

gameranand

Living to Play
bitdefender is not installing at all. tried every method, but it just won't install. :(

Found a free website blocker which suits my use.
K9 Web Protection - Free Internet Filter and Parental Control Software | Free Internet Filtering and Parental Controls Software

Bitdefender Total Security 6 months giveaway.
Bitdefender Total Security 2014 free 6 months

I haven't tested it.

Just use Avast then. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I cam say the same for Avast. Though Avira annoys too much with Pro Edition Ads.

Avira has stopped this .. you will only see a single add [ sometime even that won't shows up ] when you are running update but that's fair enough IMO so I'm back to my beloved Av app [ did not install auto guard though ] .

gameranand

Living to Play
Avira has stopped this .. you will only see a single add [ sometime even that won't shows up ] when you are running update but that's fair enough IMO so I'm back to my beloved Av app [ did not install auto guard though ] .

Well I have already switched to Avast quite some time ago so it would be hard to switch back to Avira's extra simplicity. :)

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
To all @TDF friends,just want to know,that why Quick Heal products are not competed or displayed in any of the AV testing sites in the web?
Admittedly, If it comes last in ranking,still it should be present in the independent testing sites.
Does the company,hides itself for being afraid to be trampled by others?
Or are there any different issues?

gameranand

Living to Play
To all @TDF friends,just want to know,that why Quick Heal products are not competed or displayed in any of the AV testing sites in the web?
Admittedly, If it comes last in ranking,still it should be present in the independent testing sites.
Does the company,hides itself for being afraid to be trampled by others?
Or are there any different issues?

Maybe they don't give out their reviewers copy to them so no one reviews them. :)

Zangetsu

^^Quick Heal dev center is in Pune :cool:

yes..single popup but thats once in a while is acceptable :mrgreen:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@kg11sgbg,quickheal is an Indian company & its main customer base is Indian so like any other such Indian company they rely on advertising & other ways to sale their product & as expected many buy too.why would they send their product for review when they known about its expected bad performance?here is a link to show how bad quickheal performs:
*www.virusbtn.com/vb100/RAP/RAP-quadrant-Feb-Aug13-1200.jpg
even free microsoft security essentials left it far behind which is considered as the minimum recommended security software.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^Rs.800/- totally gone,my Friend.
Well for 1 year only.
Next time I shall purchase Bitdefender.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
whatever AV you decide to buy don't forget to test the trial version first for at least a month to see how it works on your system.

Zangetsu

^^should generally prefer from top most antiviruses :wink:

also keep a standalone scanning utility,comes handy sometimes

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Ok here is the catch - I had a BD AV with 3 yrs license and I formatted my SSD recently. Now to my horror, I cant find the AV disk anywhere and so no license either. Planning to buy a AV now and I was thinking about N360. Can anyone vouch for this??

I particularly dint like the look and feel of BD and the less detailed logs of caught issues.

KIS is a thing of past for me and dont want that dull looking AV again on my pc (used it for 3 years :p)

Top Bottom