Anti-Bollywood thread

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
TBH even Hollywood movies quality has been going down recently.

People often forget that an actor "acts" out a role. Who they are IRL will obviously be very different. For a lot of them, success and fame goes to their head which makes them more of an a*****e.
This applies to every field in life incl politics/business/sports/...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you take that as a standard then no human ever born on Earth will pass. As they say, to err is human. There are plenty of examples of "great personalities" of all time having some flaw in their personality/taste.
What about Keanu?

quicky008

Technomancer
Keanu reeves you mean? He's reportedly a very humble man and is very down to earth. I am not aware of any flaws or shortcomings he might have (if any).

quicky008

Technomancer
i wasn't saying he is flawless-its just that i am not aware of any flaws that he might be having. Atleast he doesn't behave like a lowlife scumbag ( the way many other popular celebs do,including some from hollywood as well) while interacting with his fans-maybe that's the reason people still respect him.

(mother teresa was actually quite a shady character-watch the documentary by Christopher hitchens to know more)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i wasn't saying he is flawless-its just that i am not aware of any flaws that he might be having. Atleast he doesn't behave like a lowlife scumbag ( the way many other popular celebs do,including some from hollywood as well) while interacting with his fans-maybe that's the reason people still respect him.

(mother teresa was actually quite a shady character-watch the documentary by Christopher hitchens to know more)
Like I said, there is no human ever born without any flaws. It is just that for many ppl those flaws are miniscule or others never know about them because of luck/circumstances/not enough highlight etc. You will find decent ppl in almost every field of life but that does not mean those decent ppl are also flawless. It is just that celebs are more likely to have their issues known to the world/tend to behave badly compared to normal ppl.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Still done enough to won the Nobel peace prize though.

Tbh, that is highly biased. Dmitri Mendeleev, The father of periodic table, was nominated thrice but not given noble price because he was a Russian. Although to skim it off, they said that he was alcoholic and it would have negative effect on scholars but that is a completely lame reason. It was rather the politics at play that him being Russian was the factor due to which he was not given the price.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tbh, that is highly biased. Dmitri Mendeleev, The father of periodic table, was nominated thrice but not given noble price because he was a Russian. Although to skim it off, they said that he was alcoholic and it would have negative effect on scholars but that is a completely lame reason. It was rather the politics at play that him being Russian was the factor due to which he was not given the price.
I was mainly talking about Nobel peace prize for which the usually accepted & the only major missed opportunity was giving it to Gandhi. Even if some controversial ppl did get Nobel peace prize they still did enough social/charity work or at least the majority ppl in the world believed it to justify getting it.

quicky008

Technomancer
its One of the best movies ever made-even an Oscar would fall short of ratifying how great it truely is! Starring one of the most capable and highly talented actors of all time that can go from hairy to bald headed within a matter of seconds.

Top Bottom