[Query] Antec Warranty! Is it impossible to avail?

akhil7j

Broken In
Hey guys,

I have Antec Sonata Silent Pro along with Antec 500W PSU. Bought 2 years back from theitdepot[dot]com.

5 days back the PSU got faulty and I contacted itdepot guys be email. Till now there is no reply on the email even after sending 3 reminders. I called them and they said Antec has 1 year limited warranty so your PSU warranty is already expired. I told them to check Antec website where it is written clearly 3 years and 5 years warranty on products. They said they will check and call back.

Meanwhile I was reading on the other forums too that people are screaming about the worst warranty of Antec?

Do anybody of got have any experience to share? Should I wait more for the warranty or buy a new one? Corsair or Cooler Master.

Please advice.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
If you don't mind, I can ask one of the Antec India management folks to be in touch with you via email. If you're cool with it, PM me your email address. A disclaimer though. Thanks to their world-class PR agency, some have implied directly that I am a brand basher despite the fact that I am doing nothing more than highlighting pros and cons- and not psu reviews with completely hilarious testing method. Still, its always good to try.

To my understanding, IT Depot was Antec's distri at one point and about 3-4 years ago they used to honour warranty that way. Now I believe they're not. Antec has few distris and many sub-distris, not sure. But better off getting some help from Antec directly in such case.

Antec did say that they do replace power supplies, and not repair. I haven't seen anyone buying antec power supply from newer distris/sub-distris- yet- and met with any problems so far.

Last edited:
OP
A

akhil7j

Broken In
Thanks a lot.

Actually I got a reply from itdepot on Saturday and they said they will replace the PSU. Lets see if it happens otherwise I will contact you and will go via you way.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
/Mod Edit/
Thread Moved and Prefix Added

Now this is going to be interesting/useful for many.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Contact here :
intlservice@antec.com

and this what Antec has to say about warranty outside or USA and Europe :

Outside North America or Europe: If your product needs to be returned within the warranty period, please do so through the retailer or distributor from whom you purchased the product.

For here we have 3 Distributors :

Devraj Computers (P) Limited. info@devrajcomputers.com 044-28548627/ 9381025354

HDigital Lifestyle info@hdigitallifestyle.com 079-40052737/ 9824499751

Vtronix Infocom Pvt. Ltd. info@vtronixinfocom.co.in 9871191716/ 9958231313

and many retailers : Antec - Where To Buy

overall Antec should really establish a good support sustem if they really want to take their PSu business seriously in here.

OP
A

akhil7j

Broken In
Guys, thanks for help. IT Depot guys are awesome. Although Antec has declared my PSU EOL, IT Depot guys are replacing my PSU on their own. They are sending me Antec 550W PSU.

Although they took some time and I wrote many emails (1 last harsh email actually) but they are giving replacement on their own.

So I recommend others for IT Depot. Their service at least is really appreciable.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
aahh.. congrats for your replacement.

this solves some of the issues that one of my friend was having regarding warranty claims..

Top Bottom