Antec DF-10 | Need Your Advice/Views

Whistler81

The One and Only
Hi, Guys my current configuration is mentioned in my signature. The cabinet is am using is of an old HCL EzeeBee branded PC which i had bought when I was a kid. It was an Athlon XP+ processor then with 40GB HDD.

I want to change this cabinet and am thinking about buying the Antec DF-10.
reasons for changing : the cabinet is getting too hot after I added another 500 HDD.
Also i sometimes get the "Processor Thermal Trip" warining. Would ike to add another HDD in the future.

1.What am looking for in a cabinet is good ventilation and movement of air in and out.
2. Transparent side with LED fans.
3. not so expensive
4. a quiet cabinet so that i can sleep properly at night with it next to my bed (my PC table is next to my bed).

I need your green signal before I make this purchase. Please feel free to suggest any other cabinet which you might thing may be good. My PC is basically on the entire day.

Doubt: I am using a normal power supply(400V - 440watt) would I need to change my power supply when I upgrade my cabinet.
Please also suggest a good power supply.
Thanks.

Last edited:

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
With a budget of rs 5000 i would suggest you to go with corsair 400r. It has got nice reviews and very nice cable management! Though it does not have a transparent side panel, it has cool white LEDs+USB3.
And no you don't need to change your PSU.

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
I have checked for the prices on ebay.in the Corsair 400R is selling at Rs.5400 while the Antec DF-10 is priced at Rs. 4691.40

While The Corsair 400R is slightly cheaper it lacks the transparent side panel what I want so badly. :(

Also my motherboard doesn't have any USB3.0 ports I is not that important for me.

Last edited:

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
You can also go for some nzxt cabinets. They have transparent side panels like lexa s. Or you can go for CM Gladiator 600. It is available for 4k on flipkart.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I have checked for the prices on ebay.in the Corsair 400R is selling at Rs.5400 while the Antec DF-10 is priced at Rs. 4691.40

While The Corsair 400R is slightly cheaper it lacks the transparent side panel what I want so badly. :(

Also my motherboard doesn't have any USB3.0 ports I is not that important for me.

Price os good. Just call that seller before buying & get every possible info from him.

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
You can also go for some nzxt cabinets. They have transparent side panels like lexa s. Or you can go for CM Gladiator 600. It is available for 4k on flipkart.

Guys NZXT cabinets are so sexy.

Check out the NZXT Vulcan and its price on eBay. You will be surprised.

I think I'll save some money and go for this one. What do you guys think. I dont think I can get a better cabinet at this price.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the price is Rs. 50 less on their official website ;-)
Buy NZXT in India | NZXT Vulcan Gaming mATX chassis

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but people with space constraint may find that cabby useful .... if Op has no such issue he can consider getting either NZXT LEXA S Crafted @ 4.2k or NZXT Crafted Series Guardian 921 RB @ 4.6k - both of these with transparent side panel and designer front side looks awesome ;-)

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes you are right. The lexa s or guardian would be much better choice. The vulcan can limit future upgrades ;-)

OP
W

Whistler81

The One and Only
I was looking for a small sized cabinet so I have fallen in love with the Vulcan. Yes, topgear the price is 50 less on their official site but the eBay one has three fans included with the case. Wonder if the +50 is because of that. If that be that case then I am a Happy man. Trying to get a friend to negotiate a good deal with a dealer in S.P Road Bangalore but don't think will work out as apparently these abgb people are the only distributors in India of NZXT.

But I still cant figure out if I add an additional 200mm fan on the side where will the power cord be connected to ? all of the 4 pin power plugs from the smps are in use. ?

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
Don't worry the fan connectors will have both male and female 4 pin m olex connector.so if you connect your fan to the psu then it will leave behind another connector(i guess female) to which you can connect something else.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
:idea: just get a molex Y cable ;-)

*cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/51049425/molexCable.jpg

Top Bottom