Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program & Windows 7 Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever anybody says about the price, it being high or low is not something which is as significant as it was when Windows 98 was released.

In today's era, Freedom of choice FTW!

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
oh yes. that is the reason for lot of Vista editions.

Home basic to Ultimate :)

BTW, does anyone remember the price of Windows 95 or windows 98??

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yes. that is the reason for lot of Vista editions.

Home basic to Ultimate :)
Unfortunately not all are smart enough to decide which is right for them. They just buy what their system builder tells them or sells them.

BTW, does anyone remember the price of Windows 95 or windows 98??
No idea. But Windows 95 and 98 were the true monopoly days of MS. Absolutely no alternative that was as advanced. By Windows XP apple started catching up and by XP SP1 linux started catching up and by vista windows had very very strong competition.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Found it.

*www.vistaultimate.com/windows95.htm

release price: 70$ to 90$. (FDs and CDROM respectively)

windows 98: $100 to $200!!

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Update:

if you buy Vista from any of the following, you are going to get a DVD of widnows 7 for free in october:

1) Microsoft store USA
2) Dell
3) HP

Toshiba, Fujitsu, Acer, Lenovo too may join the brigade. Asus on the other hand will charge nominal fee.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
in India, gone with the wind.

in USA/Canada/Japan, get before July 11th, you get upgrade pack for 49$. full retail upgrade pack for $119. (home premium)

Eh! Are you people going mad?? They haven't yet announced the pricing in India. Its for other countries :D But ya, HP is most probably going to be around 4K coz Vista HP was also priced in this range.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@Krazy, mind your words mate. we never talked about India prices here and you if you are not interested, stay out!!!

axxo

99.9% Idle
hmm..
Windows 7 Home Premium (Full): $0
Windows 7 Professional (Full): $0
Windows 7 Ultimate (Full): $0

Source: Torrents

axxo

99.9% Idle
750+ posts and still such posts. Shame!

Thank you :D I never know that.
Just google it for windows 7 full and let me know where the link goes..its just as easy as cake that anyone could get windows for free.
*i44.tinypic.com/4q0bp5.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows 7 RC will release after some days. So how come those torrent shits have full versions. The final version has not released yet. I will call the final release only a full version :p

BTW, searching google with keyword windows 7 full gives me this links at first

1. *windows7full.com/ - yup this is great one - just check it out :p. It's basically a forum dedicated to windows 7 & I think it's a legal one.

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
m going to buy it.. as i found it best os from windows..
desibond, can it be upgraded from vista home edition?

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Mac OS X is kinda different, though it still may be OS X, every release has a lot more features and service packs don't add much features. Leopard: 300+ additions for $29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom