Announcing the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program & Windows 7 Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
am not rich. The only way to appreciate MS's efforts in bringing out this os is by buying it. I sincerely want to appreicate them for win7.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
and oh btw, Mac OS X is still os 10 since 2000??? and you are paying for every single refinement of OS. And in windows world, we call them service packs AND WE GET THEM FOR FREE!!!!

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
and oh btw, Mac OS X is still os 10 since 2000??? and you are paying for every single refinement of OS. And in windows world, we call them service packs AND WE GET THEM FOR FREE!!!!

What? LOL! :lol:
The versioning system of OS X is vastly different to that of Windows. For instance there were quite a lot of features in Leopard as compared to Tiger. And Puma was a free upgrade IIRC...

And you get service packs for free? Linux users get the entire OS for free... :) [no flaming BTW, just trolling :))]

Last edited:
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Dude, that was to piss him off!!! Don't worry :)

And let's not bring linux into this and start another flame war. :)

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Another reason, what difference does a 29$ thing make when you pay three times (for even more) the amount that you usually pay for hardware (as apple tax).

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^^Dude, that was to piss him off!!! Don't worry :)
Ah.. ;)

And let's not bring linux into this and start another flame war. :)
Oh yes. I was just being little naughty too. :))

^^ Another reason, what difference does a 29$ thing make when you pay three times (for even more) the amount that you usually pay for hardware (as apple tax).
That's a valid point.
Personally I never buy an Apple Product. But if someone gifts me them, I would happily take 'em. :p

abhijangda

Padawan
@paroh, wait for OEM.

or you can get Vista Home Premium retail pack now for $90 and upgrade pack to 7 home premium for 49$. Total 138$ (around 6.5k)

If you think that even 6.5k is high, nobody will force you to buy and it is your choice whether to get "the-best-os-ever-made" or linux.
What 'the-best-os-ever-made' :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Oh you seems to be a windows fan hmmm.... hey i m too using Windows 7 RC1 for 1 month. Yes it is very-much better than xp and vista and the best windows ever made but it's not the best os ever made. Try Fedora, Mint, Ubuntu u will got to know which one is best.

Last edited:
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I actually mean.

"best os every made by MS". :)

And it arbuably is the "best os ever made".

and I tried dude. SuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu and lost lot of hair but couldn't get my TV tuner card working :(

and so, i sticked to win7.

Last edited by a moderator:

abhijangda

Padawan
oh so sad yaar it can happen with someone and thats why some linux users left to windows due to device driver problem. But dont worry frnd after some yrs MS will go kaput and Linux Raaj will come then there will not be such drivers problem.
Hey remember no flaming. Just want to say that win 7 is very good os but not the best one. Upto now none of the os made is best one not win7, Fedora, Ubuntu, Leopard anyone but they are just good.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
true.

I, for one, literally hate to work on windows in office. There, my first love is linux. :)

When I get back home, i am a windows fan :)

abhijangda

Padawan
Hmmmmmmmmm...... price so high and also wants to use win 7 what to do
just go to Piratebay.com and download it.
Hey just jocking i don't want to increase piracy.
Just saying the price is so high so i hope for india they will reduce the price due to piracy. At least piracy is somewhere usefull for us.

Dude. Vista SP2 is free!!!

Let's assume Leopard was a paid service pack but still it pwned Vista in each and every aspect.
Note- I'm using genuine Vista Ultimate or 2 years now.

Apple is a money sucker and I agree with that point being a semi-Mac user.
But quality comes at a price. If you think every installment of Mac OS X is a service pack so let it be. At least they work as advertised.
I'm not anti-Windows. Being a gamer, even I'm using Windows 7 RC1 as primary OS on my PC and I appreciate Microsoft's work but they price their Operating systems so high that in some countries more than 70% of people are using pirated Windows. What's the use of making a good OS if people can't even afford it. Me, you and many of our forum members can afford it but there are people who build PCs in budgets like 15K-20K. What about them?

And yeah I'm also buying Windows 7 whatever the cost is :D

^^Dude, that was to piss him off!!! Don't worry

Look who's flaming here.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Those who can't affort windows, let them try alternative. No one is forcing people here to pick windows and moreover, for those on a budget, linux suites well for them.

MS sells millions of licenses for each of it's operating systems and that is their market.

And for those in places like, say india, there are versions like Vista Home basic that is avaialble for some 2.5k and Home premium for some 4k.

I don't think that this is a heavy amount to pay for an OS. You might feel that it just an OS, but ask someone working in OS design teams how much effort and headaches they take. Supporting millions of devices is not an easy task and naturally, we are the one that have to pay the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom