Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Nue

This one? I'd recommend watching the movie trilogy instead. It cuts a lot of useless stuff from the TV series apparently and also has better production quality. Don't forget to watch the 08th MS Team. It's different from the other Gundams and shows war from the ground soldiers' perspective. It's one of the better Gundam series out there.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
gundam 0079 series is the recommended first watch in gundam series.after that watch zeta gundam.skip gundam zz altogether & instead watch Char's counterattack movie as the proper sequel to zeta gundam.this is the classic series storyline.gundam wing is also popular.if not afraid of depressing scenes then watch victory gundam(it is said that writer was actually suffering from depression during this series hence the most depressing mood among all gundam series).in recent series just watch gundam seed & skip seed destiny which is nothing but a joke of a sequel just like gundam zz.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Started Baccano!. Already finished 9 episodes. I must say this. With the initial 2 episodes, I thought What the hell!! Is this another over-hyped ****! But then I thought let's give another 2 episodes before deciding. And then it started unwrapping. It was not our traditional story telling and at times, we feel nostalgic. But once things started reveal, it is much more fun. I am glad I didn't dropped it after just 2 episodes.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Finished "Onee-chan ga Kita"! It was 3 minute episodes and pacing was ultra fast. This is first of this genre anime for me. To be frank, I hated it to the core.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
stay away from incest :p , Japenese people are sick .

I didn't know what it was and downloaded because it was just <300mb! Anyways will never download again. BTW This doesn't comes under incest. It may sound like, but no. It is pure bro-sis love.(Atleast that is what I understand)

BTW Finished Baccano! yesterday. And to be frank I was amped up till 10th episode, but things started going downhill from then. I tried to rewatch the last 3 episodes, but still I couldn't get any interest from it like the previous episodes. I kinda bummed because of this. All these time, till 10th episode, it was good. But things didn't connected well and I don't enjoy it as much as I did earlier. So I gave an 7/10. But still will try to watch the Specials and see what is really Special!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Completed Death Parade - 8/10. 12 episodes. clever animation and superb voice acting. Theme is about judgment on those who died recently. Either hell or heaven, or in reality, reincarnation or void.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Completed Death Parade - 8/10. 12 episodes. clever animation and superb voice acting. Theme is about judgment on those who died recently. Either hell or heaven, or in reality, reincarnation or void.

Me 8/10 as well. However, I wished the anime continued to focus more on judgments rather than getting deeper into the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Finished Mahouka - 7/10. 26 episodes, good action and animation, with an OP protagonist. It is extremely slow and unbearable at the beginning but the paces up well during the second half.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Me 8/10 as well. However, I wished the anime continued to focus more on judgments rather than getting deeper into the story.

Yeah, it veered a bit. Still find the first few episodes 9/10 material. But the music has great variety and one of the most emotionally appealing pieces. It has that classic timeless feel.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Watching Btoom! now. 3/12 episodes. So far it's good. For me, the story is what I always dreamed about.
Living in game world where I can able to do as in the game. Let's see how it ends!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Watching Death Note - 7th episode is a joke. Almost like stories we used to spin as a child.

Nue

Watching Death Note - 7th episode is a joke. Almost like stories we used to spin as a child.

Boy, you're so going to be disappointed by the ending. I'm not even joking. Death Note has one of the crappiest ending in anime.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Its still pretty good until
L's death.

But yeah, the ending did ruin the show. Good ending can sometimes make even average anime memorable.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Started Paranoia Agent - It's like a good story for someone my age. Keeps up the suspense. Directed by same director who was behind Paprika and Perfect Blue.

Just noticed the similarities between Perfect Blue and The Black Swan.

Top Bottom