Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Guys, I'm thinking of getting the tankōbon releases of these series (the newest editions available):

• Maoh: Juvenile Remix (10 Individual volumes, 1st edition)
  • Gimmick! (9 Individual volumes, 1st edition)
  • Hot Gimmick (12 volumes in 4 VizBig editions)
  • Switch (13 Individual volumes, 1st edition)
  • Mardock Scramble (7 Individual volumes, 1st edition, 7th volume to be released in may)
  • Ouran High School Host Club (18 volume box set)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth 1 & 2(3 volumes in 1 Omnibus edition each)
  • Clover (4 volumes in 1 omnibus edition)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (deluxe boxset with 2 omnibus editions, 4 vols in first and 3 vols in 2nd)

Has any of you read any of these? All the reviews I've read put these in a good light. I sifted through an initial list of 70 different series to finalize these. Was gonna go for 8 initially but could not put Studio Ghibli's Hayao Miyazaki out of my list.

Speaking of Code Geass, I found many parallels between it and Death Note. The only major difference was that where Light failed, Lelouche succeeded.

what happened to watching dual!parallel trouble & daichis?btw i hope you are clear about code geass R2 ending:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat...gas-recommended-digitians-19.html#post1852618

Haven't watched R2 since then. I turned on One Piece
ep 480
, and here too more people dead. Turned on GoT S2, and more dead people. Blah! I've had enough of this sadness crap for now. I'm worried that if I start any other anime, then there will be more of this crap. Will download Dual! Parallel soon.

Piyush

Lanaya
Guys, I'm thinking of getting the tankōbon releases of these series (the newest editions available):
  • Maoh: Juvenile Remix (10 Individual volumes, 1st edition)
  • Gimmick! (9 Individual volumes, 1st edition)
  • Hot Gimmick (12 volumes in 4 VizBig editions)
  • Switch (13 Individual volumes, 1st edition)
  • Mardock Scramble (7 Individual volumes, 1st edition, 7th volume to be released in may)
  • Ouran High School Host Club (18 volume box set)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth 1 & 2(3 volumes in 1 Omnibus edition each)
  • Clover (4 volumes in 1 omnibus edition)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (deluxe boxset with 2 omnibus editions, 4 vols in first and 3 vols in 2nd)

Has any of you read any of these? All the reviews I've read put these in a good light. I sifted through an initial list of 70 different series to finalize these. Was gonna go for 8 initially but could not put Studio Ghibli's Hayao Miyazaki out of my list.

Speaking of Code Geass, I found many parallels between it and Death Note. The only major difference was that where Light failed, Lelouche succeeded.
Havent heard/read any of these. But you gave me a reason to. Thanks
ep 480
, and here too more people dead. Turned on GoT S2, and more dead people. Blah! I've had enough of this sadness crap for now. I'm worried that if I start any other anime, then there will be more of this crap. Will download Dual! Parallel soon.
Told ya, watch Slice of life anime for a while.I do the same and its the best remedy to get over this sadness pothole.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Told ya, watch Slice of life anime for a while.I do the same and its the best remedy to get over this sadness pothole.

Watch Accel World, K-On!, Minami-ke for starts. Accel World isn't slice of life, but it isn't about killing people ;)

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
completed full metal panic but guys the series is incomplete....:(
anyway i started with Fumoffu series first and i would recommend to others to do the same because its more better then first and second....

ep 480

GoT s2????

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
anyway i started with Fumoffu series first and i would recommend to others to do the same because its more better then first and second....

I disagree. fumoffu cannot be compared to the other two. the direction of the show is completely different from FMP! and FMP: TSR.
watch the show in the correct chronology people. fumoffu is season 2 and should be treated as such :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I disagree. fumoffu cannot be compared to the other two. the direction of the show is completely different from FMP! and FMP: TSR.
watch the show in the correct chronology people. fumoffu is season 2 and should be treated as such :)
fumoffu is not exactly 2nd season but more of side stories with no direct relation to main story line.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
What gave you that idea?

It is true that Fumoffu isn't needed to enjoy the other two seasons, but in chronology even in the story, it is placed between the first and 3rd season, and is considered canon.

Neo

Oh well. I guess I am in the same boat as Jojo. Just completed True Tears.
At least it had a happy ending in some way in contrast to what nims11 told me that it was the shittiest anime he watched.
"Inside Shinchiro's heart.. there is.... Yuasa Hiromi" :D
well, I am happy now :D

Don't know which one I will watch now. Maybe Amagami or Another/

Also completed School Days. What's with so many sleepovers and so much sex? :/ It was a good anime though.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Anybody watched Kodomo no Jikan here? Don't ask for details, I think forum rules will prevent me from discussing the show's contents. But no, its not Hentai.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
What gave you that idea?

It is true that Fumoffu isn't needed to enjoy the other two seasons, but in chronology even in the story, it is placed between the first and 3rd season, and is considered canon.
just because events chronologically fits doesn't make it directly related to main story line.this series is based on light novel & unlike manga there is not much chance of fillers/short stories involving main characters in light novel.i am not saying don't watch fumoffu or watch it in any order but just that it has no direct relation with main story line so those who are interested in knowing such a thing get an idea about this.

abhidev

Human Spambot
just finished 'DeathNote' ...my first anime ever and it was awesome!!! which next anime should i start with...pls suggest!!!

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
just because events chronologically fits doesn't make it directly related to main story line.this series is based on light novel & unlike manga there is not much chance of fillers/short stories involving main characters in light novel.i am not saying don't watch fumoffu or watch it in any order but just that it has no direct relation with main story line so those who are interested in knowing such a thing get an idea about this.

But that does not mean it is not canon!

It is a companion series, but it does follow the chronology and happens between the 1st and 3rd seasons. That is why it is the second season. Within the series continuity, the events of fumoffu did happen and should be kept in order.

Anyway, I think our argument was about whether Fumoffu should be watched before or between the 1st and 3rd season. I'll stick to my guns and you can stick to yours. i.e. we can agree to disagree :)
I personally think it is better to watch fumoffu after the first season and if anyone asks me, I'll tell him/her to do the same.

just finished 'DeathNote' ...my first anime ever and it was awesome!!! which next anime should i start with...pls suggest!!!

Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion and The End of Evangelion, in that order. After that watch The Rebuild of Evangelion. Then Watch Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood, then watch Eureka Seven and E7: AO, Accel World, Code Geass and CG: R2, Blue Exorcist. You can watch Minami-ke and K-On! also.

If you have time to spare, do watch the whole Gundam metaseries.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyway, I think our argument was about whether Fumoffu should be watched before or between the 1st and 3rd season. I'll stick to my guns and you can stick to yours. i.e. we can agree to disagree

i think there is some misunderstanding.i was just providing fact to those who might be confused by change of pace in story from 1st season to fumoffu to 2nd season.i too prefer watching a series in chronological order of production(but not just chronological like i never suggest anyone to watch star wars prequels before watching the older original movies).:)
i am not saying don't watch fumoffu or watch it in any order but just that it has no direct relation with main story line so those who are interested in knowing such a thing get an idea about this.

@abhidev,since you just finished death note i strongly suggest code geass.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@abhidev: I would suggest watching Code geass after you watch a few other shows. Or you might get a sense of deja vu watching code geass right after death note.

i think there is some misunderstanding.i was just providing fact to those who might be confused by change of pace in story from 1st season to fumoffu to 2nd season.i too prefer watching a series in chronological order of production(but not just chronological like i never suggest anyone to watch star wars prequels before watching the older original movies).

well that clears up a lot of things. I agree about watching in order of production, but that depends on the show. I watched the prequel star wars before the original, because that I way I wouldn't be pissed at the prequels in comparison to the originals.

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
Finally started One piece. Luffy is so much different from other anime/manga characters .

Also, thinking of starting Muv-Luv Alternative. But not sure whether I should go for anime or visual novel.

Top Bottom