Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Piyush

Lanaya
New season is here. Some series which Im watching (which I think are worth watching)

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
*i.imgur.com/cEWJRHB.png
Rom-com

My personal favorite. Revolves around a girl Katagi who keeps bullying this kid (in loving way) in her classroom Nishikata. And no matter how much this guy tries to get revenge, trying to make her fall into his traps...it all fails.

Violet Evergarden
Drama Fantasy
Since its from Kyoto animation, we can expect some top tier visuals. It revolves around a girl who used to be a soldier, now is working in a postal service company due to some post war events.

Yuru camp
Slice of life , Comedy

Cute girls doing cute things, while camping. Nice visuals. 1st episode was fine, can be watched when you dont have anything else to watch.

Citrus
Comedy Drama Yuri

Ok dont judge me for the yuri tag. Watch it to decide. I watched it and liked it for the comedy and "plot"

Special mention:- Pop Team Epic (yet to watch), Overlord SII (havent watched its 1st season)

TheSloth

The Slowest One
In last two months I have seen few animes.

Made in Abyss : The animation is really good, all cute looking characters. But the series is slightly dark, and it keeps getting better as the story progress.

Kao no Katachi : Really great voice overs. Story is normal but does hold good twists. Must watch

Stiens:Gate : Started off really slow, I was losing interest in each and every episode until I finished 10 episodes. Thank God I didn't give up on watching this series. Its based on time travel, a guy who claims to be "mad scientist" but is actually a decent guy. But theres alot more about this character and the story. One of the best animes I have seen.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you meant Koe no Katachi.Also if you liked Steins Gate then try the below series,it deals with scientific concepts much better than Steins Gate but that's probably why it is also not as popular.In fact I found it to be better than Steins Gate(but then I do have some basic understanding of quantum physics).
Noein: Mou Hitori no Kimi e

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Lol I have no clue about quantum physics. But will give this a try for sure.
And sorry for the typo, it is koe no Katachi.

I also watched Haikyuu and Kuroku no Baske and really enjoyed every bit of those.

Please Suggest some animes from recent times. Will add those to my watch list.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lol I have no clue about quantum physics. But will give this a try for sure.
And sorry for the typo, it is koe no Katachi.

I also watched Haikyuu and Kuroku no Baske and really enjoyed every bit of those.

Please Suggest some animes from recent times. Will add those to my watch list.
What type of anime you like?Also Quantum Physics is basically opposite of common sense(e.g.one thing in two different places at same time).

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I have been watching animes other than love stories. I mostly like Comedy Action. One punch so far the most hilarious in recent times for me. Otherwise it is FMA. Hero no academia, Haikyuu, kuroku no baske, area no kishi, hungry heart. In serious ones I liked Made in Abyss, Code Geaas, Death Note, Erased, Attack on Titans and few more.

So basically I don't watch any series which has goes beyond 100 episodes, as most likely it contains fillers. I loved bleach for its fighting style and Naruto for the lots of things but fillers really spoiled all the fun and I am still irritated with this fact. I still don't know the ending of the both the series. May be someday I will gather the courage.

Suggest some recent times animes as I really like the new animation, especially in Haikyuu.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So basically I don't watch any series which has goes beyond 100 episodes, as most likely it contains fillers. I loved bleach for its fighting style and Naruto for the lots of things but fillers really spoiled all the fun and I am still irritated with this fact. I still don't know the ending of the both the series. May be someday I will gather the courage.
Don't bother with Bleach, manga ending was boring and confusing. As for Naruto, it should've ended with everybody dying in ninja war.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try Air Master & Mutsu Enmei Ryuu Gaiden: Shura no Toki both are a bit old but both are the best martial arts/realistic looking fighting anime I have seen.You can also try Beelzebub which is quite funny fighting anime though anime only covers around half of the manga.

For some good serious & thought provoking anime try Shinsekai yori

For some "badass invincible protagonist" try Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

icebags

Technomancer
vegetan final flash was quite nice previous week, and i thought SSBLB transformation would be kind of spectacular. it was not bad, but could be better.

Piyush

Lanaya
I have been watching animes other than love stories. I mostly like Comedy Action. One punch so far the most hilarious in recent times for me. Otherwise it is FMA. Hero no academia, Haikyuu, kuroku no baske, area no kishi, hungry heart. In serious ones I liked Made in Abyss, Code Geaas, Death Note, Erased, Attack on Titans and few more.

Suggest some recent times animes as I really like the new animation, especially in Haikyuu.
There are some series which you can try.

Death Parade- Suspense, Drama, Psychological- An original project by Madhouse
Durarara- Supernatural, Action- Its gor 4 seasons I think and still going on. You should try 2 episodes and decide (though it gets better and better)
Hunter x Hunter- Action, Supernatural- My personal recommendation. Its like 150 episodes or something but none of them is a filler. Its one of the best shonen series out there. IF you can afford to devote time ,then I definitely suggest you to watch this.
JoJo's Bizzare adventures- Action, Mystery, Adventure- Its got not your usual art style , but its fun. Story is interesting. Its also got around 100 episodes counting all seasons so far.
Konosuba - Comedy, Adventure, Supernatural, Alternate universe- A nerd dies and is sent to other world where he is given a task to kill the Demon lord. He gathers a team for doing so. And its worth watching them figure out what to do.
Noragami- Action, Supernatural, Comedy- 2 seasons. Good action and light comedy.
Re:ZERO- Action, Fantasy, Dark- This was one of the best series in 2017. Using a pretty different concept of death, this anime become very much popular from its episode 1 itself. Definitely worth trying.
Gurren Lagann- Action, Fantasy- Some over the top action. But a very popular series.

Special mentions:

Monogatari series- I usually dont recommend it to everyone. Because its style is very unique. And half of the viewers leave it because they find it difficult to understand whats going on. But its one of my fav series, if you can manage to hold a few episodes, Im sure you will watch it till its completion. There is a particular watch order for this one. Just google it and you will find it. There have been many Reddit charts as well for it.

One Piece- A very long series. Almost reached 900 eps. The anime do contains fillers and sad thing is anime also suffers with slow pacing, But still its considered one of the best series out there. IF you are interested but dont want to spend that much time, there is another way to watch it. OnePace. Google it and you will find what you need.

Top Bottom