Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, specially at that time when PC hardware costed like gold and a few families had desktop, there are a few people now who record current animax broadcasts, but no one did when they aired shows like Get Backers(animax dub is better than usa dub), daigunder(no dub/sub, not even in amazon), Captain Tsubasa, another football anime(forgot name, guy had orange hair I think), cyborg kurochan etc.

oh damn cyborg kurochan was my favorite
and i m sure i saw diagunder in english but it was very.................................... long back....

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
oh damn cyborg kurochan was my favorite
and i m sure i saw diagunder in english but it was very.................................... long back....
No no, I saw it english too(Animax), what I mean is that I can't find any sources to download or buy the dvds, neither sub/dub available for purchase, I saw all these in Animax 8-9 yrs back I think.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Control your greed. There are many others which are waiting to be watched anyway. :p

please tell me more of this kind of anime also

also i watched first two episodes of Great Teacher Onizuka i didn't like it at all

i didn't got feeling of watching an anime... idk what was it music, animation, comedy.......

i hoped it was great like baka to test......:(

No no, I saw it english too(Animax), what I mean is that I can't find any sources to download or buy the dvds, neither sub/dub available for purchase, I saw all these in Animax 8-9 yrs back I think.

i remember cyborg kurochan was also available in hindi at that time i watched it most of the time...

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
please tell me more of this kind of anime also

also i watched first two episodes of Great Teacher Onizuka i didn't like it at all

i didn't got feeling of watching an anime... idk what was it music, animation, comedy.......

i hoped it was great like baka to test......:(

i remember cyborg kurochan was also available in hindi at that time i watched it most of the time...
I saw it in english, didn't like the hindi dub, and thankfully our local operator switched to the english feed after some weeks. Also I can't find it online, neither for download, nor dvds.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@gta0gagan,i read the Great Teacher Onizuka manga & it was very good.i don't know about anime but i think you should at least watch 10 episodes to get an idea about the story.

@tkin,i did watch some episodes of captain tsubasa but mainly for laughs.after all what matters is that i enjoyed it :D

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
@gta0gagan,i read the Great Teacher Onizuka manga & it was very good.i don't know about anime but i think you should at least watch 10 episodes to get an idea about the story.

@tkin,i did watch some episodes of captain tsubasa but mainly for laughs.after all what matters is that i enjoyed it :D
Attaboy, you and me both :D :D

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Updated first post with these:

Naruto(Anime+Manga)
One Piece(Anime+Manga)
Fairy Tail(Manga)
Rurouni Kenshin(Anime+Manga)
Cyborg 009(Anime)
Gundam - All, i.e 0079-Seed Destiny(Anime)
Break Blade
.hack//sign/legend of the twilight(Anime)
DT Eightron(Anime)
Ranma 1/2(Anime)
Cyborg kurochan(Anime)

I'll add you guy's lists as well.

Piyush

Lanaya
@Tkin
Do you have a MyAnimeList account. If not, do check that. A good portal to keep your anime/manga log, about which you have watched/ about to watch/ on hold/ plan to watch/ etc....

Check my siggy if you want a preview (though i have not updated it since 10-15 days)

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
@Tkin
Do you have a MyAnimeList account. If not, do check that. A good portal to keep your anime/manga log, about which you have watched/ about to watch/ on hold/ plan to watch/ etc....

Check my siggy if you want a preview (though i have not updated it since 10-15 days)
Nice, I'll create a profile soon, thanks.

Neo

here tkin, I researched a little for you *www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/?cat=8
they have fansubbed the first 31 eps. But they've more or less stopped
Well, tl ran into HW problems+he's poor so it has taken some time. Maybe he will continue soon.

Updated first post with these:

Naruto(Anime+Manga)
One Piece(Anime+Manga)
Fairy Tail(Manga)
Rurouni Kenshin(Anime+Manga)
Cyborg 009(Anime)
Gundam - All, i.e 0079-Seed Destiny(Anime)
Break Blade
.hack//sign/legend of the twilight(Anime)
DT Eightron(Anime)
Ranma 1/2(Anime)
Cyborg kurochan(Anime)

I'll add you guy's lists as well.
If you ask me, I wont put those animes in must watch list.

PS : thats a pretty old anime though, '83

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rurouni Kenshin & mobile suit gundam 0079(& its sequel zeta gundam) are considered as classics of anime.japan even has a 60 foot tall gundam statue at the gate of a gundam theme park in Tokyo.

@@gta0gagan,GTO is about a gangster like teacher(but not bad/evil) teaching a class full of rowdy/rich/arrogant students who think no teacher can stand upto them but onizuka being a tough gangster like former leader of a feared motorbike gang use unconventional methods to tackle students & their issues.if you don't like the sound of it then GTO is not for you.it is much different from baka test kind of series.

Last edited:
OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
here tkin, I researched a little for you *www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/?cat=8
they have fansubbed the first 31 eps. But they've more or less stopped
Well, tl ran into HW problems+he's poor so it has taken some time. Maybe he will continue soon.

If you ask me, I wont put those animes in must watch list.

PS : thats a pretty old anime though, '83
Thanks for the link.

Neo

Rurouni Kenshin & mobile suit gundam 0079(& its sequel zeta gundam) are considered as classics of anime.japan even has a 60 foot tall gundam statue at the gate of a gundam theme park in Tokyo.
I have watched the first four, and only Rurouni Kenshin is a must watch out of those. So I thought others might be the same as naruto/fairy tail

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I have watched the first four, and only Rurouni Kenshin is a must watch out of those. So I thought others might be the same as naruto/fairy tail
Cyborg 009 is great too, so goes for cyborg kurochan, it was funny as hell, .hack was good, dt eightron was not bad either.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
@whitestar
side I like the story but the show doesn't have the 'feel' that is present in shows like angel beats and baka to test
also the animation is not that good enough
I m just pointing my views not that m saying it its bad but watching it didn't make me laugh like other shows .... M already past episode 10

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@gta0gagan,that's the problem with older manga/anime i.e.animation style & "feel".some people can tolerate it some don't so i understand why you don't like it.

@neo,mobile suit gundam 0079(& its sequel zeta gundam) are old shows & may not seem interesting to those who can't tolerate older animation style & feel.nevertheless this show is considered as grand daddy of all mecha shows so if someone like mecha shows & can tolerate older anime style then it is a must watch.of course if mecha shows are not your cup of tea or you hate seeing afro/hippi style hair cuts on anime character then you can skip it.:)

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
@gta0gagan,that's the problem with older manga/anime i.e.animation style & "feel".some people can tolerate it some don't so i understand why you don't like it.

@neo,mobile suit gundam 0079(& its sequel zeta gundam) are old shows & may not seem interesting to those who can't tolerate older animation style & feel.nevertheless this show is considered as grand daddy of all mecha shows so if someone like mecha shows & can tolerate older anime style then it is a must watch.of course if mecha shows are not your cup of tea or you hate seeing afro/hippi style hair cuts on anime character then you can skip it.:)
Samurai champloo :D :D
Totally unorthodox, but loved it anyway.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i know about it but haven't seen it.i simply don't have enough time even though i have access to 2TB of anime(almost all major/known/popular series in last 12 years i think).:)

Top Bottom