Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am a fan of movies, where time is not linear, and time manipulation is at its core. I also started watching Anime these days. So it was natural that when I saw, "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006 film)" I was very excited.
But then I came to know it was a remake of many movies and series that came earlier. So I somehow got the 1983 version of the movie.

But now I am having difficulty finding the 1997 and 2010 version of the movie from "my sources". Can anyone help me by providing a good reliable source? Of course through PM. Please!

I am always available on #krow on freenode.

And PS: Finished "Clannad" yesterday. It was very awesome. And I would like to thank the one who recommended me! I think it was Piyush. Arigato piyush! :)

Piyush

Lanaya
I am always available on #krow on freenode.

And PS: Finished "Clannad" yesterday. It was very awesome. And I would like to thank the one who recommended me! I think it was Piyush. Arigato piyush! :)

I recommended it like 4-5 months back. But its good that you completed it :) .
So, I have another masterpiece for you, it includes your fav interest, time lock and related mystery. The anime is Stein;s Gate. Do watch it, I'm 101% sure you'd love it.

BTW, I still cant find something like City Hunter :(. Care to give me some equally good Korean series?

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
dude Japanese???
seriously ... i only watch english subbed and dubbed and ya i don't know all those terms every term i have to take a look at jap dictionary to just understand??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i don't watch much anime compared to some here but still i think these are some basic terms every anime viewer should know about:arigatou,senpai,-sama/-san/-kun suffixes,kawaii,otosan,okaasan etc.these are basic & after watching 15-20 series you should know the meaning of these words.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
lol XD never needed to look at everything i watched was english dub so i could understand perfectly.....

by the way do u mind telling me some of the basics i should know it wouldn't hurt to know it...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
well japanese is a very complex language still the least anyone should know is suffixes used at the end of names.e.g.kun is usually used for same age group person or those considered as close friend.-sama is used as respect like for older persons or someone with authority.-san is used as someone you are familiar with/friend with but not enough to call -kun & it has some tone of formality.in dub you don't hear these suffixes so sometimes true meaning of relationships will be lost.e.g.if main character call one girl name with -kun while other girl name with -san then he is more familiar/close with 1st girl than 2nd girl.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
well japanese is a very complex language still the least anyone should know is suffixes used at the end of names.e.g.kun is usually used for same age group person or those considered as close friend.-sama is used as respect like for older persons or someone with authority.-san is used as someone you are familiar with/friend with but not enough to call -kun & it has some tone of formality.in dub you don't hear these suffixes so sometimes true meaning of relationships will be lost.e.g.if main character call one girl name with -kun while other girl name with -san then he is more familiar/close with 1st girl than 2nd girl.
LOL, learned that while reading manga.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i started reading manga much later(naruto was the reason because fed up of fillers & spoilers by a friend :) ) & yes manga also helped in understanding some of the basic terms.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Calling someone "-kun" or "-san" is the most basic thing I learned from Clannad, where a lot of episodes centered around the same to express the feelings of the two protagonists for each other. It was fun! :)

Now, there is also Clannad: After Story, and the movie based on the first season. I hope you have watched them Piyush.

Also, can anyone recommends me some source to get the 1997 and 2010 version of "The Girl who leapt through time" please?

Piyush

Lanaya
Calling someone "-kun" or "-san" is the most basic thing I learned from Clannad, where a lot of episodes centered around the same to express the feelings of the two protagonists for each other. It was fun! :)

Now, there is also Clannad: After Story, and the movie based on the first season. I hope you have watched them Piyush.

Also, can anyone recommends me some source to get the 1997 and 2010 version of "The Girl who leapt through time" please?

I've seen the After story but not the movie. And do check my previous post to you, gave you suggestions and need some suggestions.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^you have only watched 10-12 series till now.that's too low.try initialD(1st season is best),best racing car anime in my opinion with some good details.animation style is a bit old being an old series but logic of car racing is superb.

Neo

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Kinda sad but Mikato Shinkai really does some awesome work.

*i3.minus.com/ibz8l4ubqai5a.jpg

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
any1 recommend me some new animes....
by the way already comleted GTO ( great teacher onizuka) nice show nice story but i didn't laugh enough ending was good worth the time time spent on watching the show.....

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Any other animes suggestion?
Death note is almost complete....
And I think I m not gonna continue clannad didn't like it very much....

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try initialD(1st season is best),best racing car anime in my opinion with some good details.animation style is a bit old being an old series but logic of car racing is superb.

Top Bottom