Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Neo

I was in a crying mess while listening to the song..
BTW, I now know why 5 Centimeters Per Second is a MASTERPIECE.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

I was in a crying mess while listening to the song..
BTW, I now know why 5 Centimeters Per Second is a MASTERPIECE.

I know that song from the movie 5CpS. And I loved it when I watched the movie two times. But something is bugging me after I watched the song shared in above video...
This just ain't the original version of the song it seems! In the movie I watched, Takaki does NOT see Akari after the whole train passes! But in the song in above video, he does (well his younger self).
So are the two songs different? :S

Here's the song which I saw in movie:

Neo

Hmm.. to me, it seems like some video made by someone else. I posted that video because that was the only one I found with on screen English lyrics.. the one you posted seems more like the original one.

Also, I want to FU*K THAT TRAIN, NO, RAPE THAT TRAIN SO MUCH FOR COMING THERE. Vyom, how did you get the movie/story/song/Akari/Takaki/and probably other bullshits off your mind?I am not able to do so... :'( And the song makes me sad.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hmm.. to me, it seems like some video made by someone else. I posted that video because that was the only one I found with on screen English lyrics.. the one you posted seems more like the original one.
Well, so that means, we have two different versions of the song. Probably that video was made to give an alternate ending to those who wanted that to be this way.

Also, I want to **** THAT TRAIN SO MUCH FOR COMING THERE. Vyom, how did you get the movie/story/song/Akari/Takaki/and probably other bullshits off your mind?I am not able to do so... :'( And the song makes me sad.
Well, I consider that train not as a train but as a symbolism of drastic changes in our lives that prevents us to lead to a better (or worse) alternative. If it had not been the train then it could have been something else. What the writer showed here was not their bad luck since they couldn't met just because a train passed by. But maybe they tried to explain how our life changes in effect to small incidents / decisions.

In the end what matters is that we seldom get what we desire when we are children. But what we get is actually the cumulative sum of every decision that we take, priorities we choose and circumstances that we led into ourselves irrepective of whether it proves good or bad in the end. :)

Piyush

Lanaya
Also, I want to FU*K THAT TRAIN, NO, RAPE THAT TRAIN SO MUCH FOR COMING THERE. Vyom, how did you get the movie/story/song/Akari/Takaki/and probably other bullshits off your mind?I am not able to do so... :'( And the song makes me sad.

Well this is the touch of this movie. But if you still want to get over with it, then watch/read Great Teacher Onizuka, not onlythat its a great anime/manga of all time, but it will leave you thinking real good in some circumstances. Its about how a gangster wants to be a school teacher... and so the story begins.

Neo

Well, so that means, we have two different versions of the song. Probably that video was made to give an alternate ending to those who wanted that to be this way.
The video of the first song was nothing different than the original one. They were still kids when they meet after the train passes. So that does not changes anything, IMO.

BTW, I had to think really hard to get what Makoto Shinkai wanted to convey by that last scene. I even read the manga for that (I didn't one whole reading it). It was a happy ending after all.

What lesson do you think Makoto Shinkai wanted to convey by the movie?

Well this is the touch of this movie. But if you still want to get over with it, then watch/read Great Teacher Onizuka, not onlythat its a great anime/manga of all time, but it will leave you thinking real good in some circumstances. Its about how a gangster wants to be a school teacher... and so the story begins.
Thanks for the suggesstion, but I've already started with Full Metal Panic and KNK. Both of them seem great.

Well, I consider that train not as a train but as a symbolism of drastic changes in our lives that prevents us to lead to a better (or worse) alternative. If it had not been the train then it could have been something else. What the writer showed here was not their bad luck since they couldn't met just because a train passed by. But maybe they tried to explain how our life changes in effect to small incidents / decisions.

In the end what matters is that we seldom get what we desire when we are children. But what we get is actually the cumulative sum of every decision that we take, priorities we choose and circumstances that we led into ourselves irrepective of whether it proves good or bad in the end. :)

Nicely written. But I knew what that train in the end symbolizes. I was trying to say that they should have met and the train ( i.e. how their life happened to them and how they ended up far away from each other) shouldn't have come in between them.
To conclude, thats how life happens.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Cartoon: Tom & Jerry, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo.
Manga: Hagemaru FTW!!
Manga Movie: Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bepop.
Comics: Calvin & Hobbes

Piyush

Lanaya
Just finished Samurai Champloo
Good short anime series. Loved the soundtrack, the scenic views were equally good. Story seems to be pretty decent too.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Just finished Samurai Champloo
Good short anime series. Loved the soundtrack, the scenic views were equally good. Story seems to be pretty decent too.
Yeah, loved it.

Also guys sad news, Bleach Anime has ended at ep 366, they will no longer produce it, that means the last arc, i.e the quincy war arc will not be produced. :(

One of the best anime, with the best soundtracks I had ever seen, Fk.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Started watching the Saiyuki(Saiyuki, Saiyuki Reload, Saiyuki Reload Gunlock) anime:

*static.zerochan.net/Saiyuki.full.62636.jpg

Animax followers will remember this as Journey to the west.

Top Bottom