Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^^was there any doubt about it?it's funimation after all. :)

Eh, Fullmetal Alchemist -_-

Also, the experience of watching in a movie theatre is quite different from the monitor :)

So even though I'd already seen 3.33 subbed, the 3.0 movie experience wasn't bad overall. But yeah, a lot of noise, like in Indian cinemas, kinda hurt the experience. I don't want to hear you laugh after very line in the conversation between Kaworu and Shinji when it's not quite as homosexual as you think it is :|

nims11

BIOS Terminator
I'm watching Gintama, reached episode 73. But then again I was busy watching Two and a half men season 7 earlier and so I put anime to hold.

Gintama is a kind of anime you can always watch at your own pace and like it anyway everytime. And the best part is that it gets better as it goes ahead.

---
Watched Gintama Movie Final Chapter (Be Forever Yorozuya). A must watch for Gintama fans. The movie justified itself as a part of Gintama Franchise. I won't say much regarding this except that you watch it. 10/10!

Also watched Steins;Gate movie. The plot and story was pretty good, but I felt it moved too fast. Also I failed to get few small things. Anyway it was a nice experience remembering the moments from the anime while watching it. 8/10!

Currently watching The world God only knows S3, going on pretty fine...

Piyush

Lanaya
Gintama is a kind of anime you can always watch at your own pace and like it anyway everytime. And the best part is that it gets better as it goes ahead.

---
Watched Gintama Movie Final Chapter (Be Forever Yorozuya). A must watch for Gintama fans. The movie justified itself as a part of Gintama Franchise. I won't say much regarding this except that you watch it. 10/10!
I'm on that ep where there is a revolt from robot maids (forgot the ep no.) . Will resume a bit later. So far so good, esp those back to back cheesy comments by Kagura and Gintoki :D

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
never watched FMA(not brotherhood) dub only sub so no idea but heard bad things about funimation handling of DBZ(especially GT) dub.anyway i agree nothing beats watching movie in theater but i didn't expect the same typical Indian crowd reaction in Canadian cinema halls.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
never watched FMA(not brotherhood) dub only sub so no idea but heard bad things about funimation handling of DBZ(especially GT) dub.anyway i agree nothing beats watching movie in theater but i didn't expect the same typical Indian crowd reaction in Australian cinema halls.

Both FMA and BH were done by Funimation. What are you talking about?

And what do you mean by Australian? I'm not in Australia, mate.

It really depends on which cinema you go to. There are places like TIFF where you will get dead silence during the movie. And then there are places for the masses like Cineplex where Evangelion was showing.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
I'm on that ep where there is a revolt from robot maids (forgot the ep no.) . Will resume a bit later. So far so good, esp those back to back cheesy comments by Kagura and Gintoki :D

Not exactly my favorite arc, but Tama joins the cast, so no prob! Kagura and Gintoki comments are evergreen and there are loads of it to come :D

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i meant only watched FMA sub & never watched FMA:B(sub or dub) so no idea about Funimation dub for these series.

in a hurry mixed up Canada with Australia somehow.:)

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

---

Also watched Steins;Gate movie. The plot and story was pretty good, but I felt it moved too fast. Also I failed to get few small things. Anyway it was a nice experience remembering the moments from the anime while watching it. 8/10!

Currently watching The world God only knows S3, going on pretty fine...

when you complete it tell me i want to ask about ending there is a weird ending..........

Eh, Fullmetal Alchemist -_-

Also, the experience of watching in a movie theatre is quite different from the monitor :)

So even though I'd already seen 3.33 subbed, the 3.0 movie experience wasn't bad overall. But yeah, a lot of noise, like in Indian cinemas, kinda hurt the experience. I don't want to hear you laugh after very line in the conversation between Kaworu and Shinji when it's not quite as homosexual as you think it is :|

never watched FMA(not brotherhood) dub only sub so no idea but heard bad things about funimation handling of DBZ(especially GT) dub.anyway i agree nothing beats watching movie in theater but i didn't expect the same typical Indian crowd reaction in Canadian cinema halls.
i have watched FMA brotherhood both in dub and sub idk why its so popular and why it has such a high rank its overrated IMHO........

actually i watched that english dub only of DBZ the voice artist of gohan is same as that of main character of soranootoshimono.......... itried watching jap audio one but couldn't handle it.........

i meant only watched FMA sub & never watched FMA:B(sub or dub) so no idea about Funimation dub for these series.

in a hurry mixed up Canada with Australia somehow.:)

i thought he was in US??

I'm watching Gintama, reached episode 73. But then again I was busy watching Two and a half men season 7 earlier and so I put anime to hold.
can u tell what type of show it is by comparing it with other animes .......
is it abt supernatural powers and all?? or alternate dimensions??

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
can u tell what type of show it is by comparing it with other animes .......
is it abt supernatural powers and all?? or alternate dimensions??

Here you go:
*myanimelist.net/anime/918/Gintama

Genres: Action, Comedy, Historical, Parody, Samurai, Sci-Fi, Shounen

Best comedy shounen IMO. and the way Gintama trolls on other fiction is just epic. :D

you are on episode 70 :D

*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/191/1vyi.jpg
*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/835/pdqv.jpg
*imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/607/y1q5.jpg

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
i have watched FMA brotherhood both in dub and sub idk why its so popular and why it has such a high rank its overrated IMHO........

i thought he was in US??

1. Fullmetal Alchemist is one of those rare quality franchises where you have great character progression, good depth, and excellent storytelling. You have to look at it from the context of it's target shounen audience. How many shows targeting shounen completely outclass Fullmetal Alchemist?

Also, the quality of the English dub was excellent. The Japanese dub was defintely better, without question, but then you would have to go back to shows like Cowboy Bebop to find any that actually beat the FMA english dub.

2. Instead of "thinking", please pay attention to profile information...I didn't keep my location a secret.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
in the end he is actuall y depressed after dating so many girls.............

Because of what happened with chihiro... Also he lied to her about her being not involved when she asked about why he dated her when she didn't have any goddess inside...

Felt bad for chihiro ;(

Top Bottom