Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^i know but i thought you were downloading a mix of bdrips & tvrips.best way to know about various group releases info & BD release dates is by checking anidb page of a series.MAL is better for comments & reviews but nothing comes close to anidb regarding release info of various groups.e.g.attack on titan anidb page not just list all the releases of all the groups including listing source(lik hdtv,bluray,web etc) but also has release dates of all the planned blu ray volumes too.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^^i know but i thought you were downloading a mix of bdrips & tvrips.best way to know about various group releases info & BD release dates is by checking anidb page of a series.MAL is better for comments & reviews but nothing comes close to anidb regarding release info of various groups.e.g.attack on titan anidb page not just list all the releases of all the groups including listing source(lik hdtv,bluray,web etc) but also has release dates of all the planned blu ray volumes too.

I mostly download BDrips, but sometimes webrips too. Never TVrips unless it is an old show (and there I prefer VHS/cassette encodes).

AFAIK, Crunchyroll rips are uncensored.

That said, I do want to replace some of my previous webrips with BD sources. Can you name the groups that are non-BD/DVDrip releasers? I know HorribleSubs is one.

Piyush

Lanaya
I mostly download BDrips, but sometimes webrips too. Never TVrips unless it is an old show (and there I prefer VHS/cassette encodes).

AFAIK, Crunchyroll rips are uncensored.

That said, I do want to replace some of my previous webrips with BD sources. Can you name the groups that are non-BD/DVDrip releasers? I know HorribleSubs is one.

Apart from horrible subs:

Kuubi Or it was Kyuubi (720 and 1080)
Pirateb0y (480p)
sage (720)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
horriblesubs is a crunchyroll release encoder group.they simply release crunchyroll streams with added karoake effects & slightly modified subs & that's it.just search the series whose webrips you want to replace on anidb & it will give you info about all the releases available for that particular series.also dvdrips are not always better because groups like E-D,anime supreme,KAA etc use official dvd subs which are mostly censored & americanized compared to "real fansub groups" like eclipse.you can PM me a series name & i will send you details of releases using anidb page as an example if you need some assistance regarding this.

Do you have a subscription to Crunchyroll?
they don't air uncensored versions, everything they air is the TV versions. If blu-ray versions come out, they won't replace the older videos, or at least what I've seen.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
horriblesubs is a crunchyroll release encoder group.they simply release crunchyroll streams with added karoake effects & slightly modified subs & that's it.just search the series whose webrips you want to replace on anidb & it will give you info about all the releases available for that particular series.also dvdrips are not always better because groups like E-D,anime supreme,KAA etc use official dvd subs which are mostly censored & americanized compared to "real fansub groups" like eclipse.you can PM me a series name & i will send you details of releases using anidb page as an example if you need some assistance regarding this.

Do you have a subscription to Crunchyroll?

I don't. A buddy of mine does. Highschool of the dead was completely uncensored. I think it depends on whether the TV version itself is censored or not, and in Japan, censorship is less than in North America.

I avoid DualAudio releases whenever I can. I get JP DVDrips. Also, there are many instances when censorship isn't even needed. Some releasers also remux the english release tracks into the Japanese DVDs.

I think all of my HorribleSubs downloads are "clean" shows anyway. Except one of the Cobra: The Animation releases - but Cobra doesn't exactly have objectified women to appeal to men.

Horriblesubs:

Polar Bear Cafe (1080p)
Magi (480p)
Kotoura-san (720p)
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas
Free!

Sage:

Daily Lives of Highschool boys (don't see what they'd censor here)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
btw for magi checked anidb page & DmonHiro did 720p & 1080p BD rips of 1st 17 episodes.a simpler way is to check b***bt for completed & available series.their approving process is rigorous & they have one release for each resolution category which is usually the best quality for that resolution.check Kiki's Delivery Service there to check quality difference between various releases.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Pom Poko. i downloaded it today. haven't watched it yet.

I'm going to be watching either of those two in a movie theater after our exams.

The group that runs the Toronto International Film Festival is doing a Studio Ghibli special in the coming days. Spirited Away: The Films of Studio Ghibli | tiff.net

btw for magi checked anidb page & DmonHiro did 720p & 1080p BD rips of 1st 17 episodes.a simpler way is to check b***bt for completed & available series.their approving process is rigorous & they have one release for each resolution category which is usually the best quality for that resolution.check Kiki's Delivery Service there to check quality difference between various releases.

Bro, I know that. When I downloaded Magi, a higher resolution version wasn't available. That may have changed now.

Sometimes they have multiple releases in the same category - especially in single audio/dual audio conflicts.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^that is why anidb is recommended for checking release status.its database is huge & updates regularly so just by visiting anidb page of a series you can get latest info about various releases.as for multiple releases on b****t yeah they sometimes have multiple releases in a category not just based on audio but also subs quality.e.g.a lower resolution old release can still exist if it has better subs compared to official dvd/bluray subs in higher video quality release even within same resolution.that's not an issue for someone like you with basic understanding of japanese but i for one would rather see a lower quality release with better subs than a higher quality release with mediocre subs.

P.S.btw are you taking any japanese language course over there in toronto.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
^^that is why anidb is recommended for checking release status.its database is huge & updates regularly so just by visiting anidb page of a series you can get latest info about various releases.as for multiple releases on b****t yeah they sometimes have multiple releases in a category not just based on audio but also subs quality.e.g.a lower resolution old release can still exist if it has better subs compared to official dvd/bluray subs in higher video quality release even within same resolution.that's not an issue for someone like you with basic understanding of japanese but i for one would rather see a lower quality release with better subs than a higher quality release with mediocre subs.

P.S.btw are you taking any japanese language course over there in toronto.

はい、私は日本語を勉強します。

debarshi

Otaku
Girls und Panzer is certainly worth a watch

Well, girls on tanks sounded fishy, but I was in for a really good surprise here.. Finished the whole series in one day :) .. And it was a nice show for a change from Ef series....

How is Pom Poko?

Top Bottom