Android 5.0/ Android L Developer Preview Announced

$hadow

Geek in making
Flashing done. This one is actually a rocking rom. And in love with this multitasking menu.

ratul

█████████████████
Nexus 4 users will get a stable release though, thanks to the beta testing by N5 users :p :mrgreen:

we are perfectly fine with beta testing, after all beta testing is like a playground for a geek.. :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=122731]ratul[/MENTION] is it running good for you? Is it stable? On mine it's very unstable. It kept on restarting for no reason this afternoon. I wasn't even doing anything to it. It was just lying there and it kept on restarting. Had to press the power button for 20 sec to completely turn it off. Now it's not restarting but don't know whether it's any good yet. It's charging right now.

Mine is completely stable apart from few application incompatibilities, like firefox not opening, Kaspersky Internet Security hung on starting, facebook comments popup is messed up, root not being complete so is busybox, which is causing some applications to work with root, and some not, but all these are app related and could be resolved by the corresponding developers.
What you described seems like you didn't clean flashed the rom, this is a new rom, so you need to wipe EVERYTHING from the device, flash all the img files given in the tar, and reset factory settings after that, and it should work fine, follow the Method 2 mentioned here for a proper installation: [TUTORIAL] How to flash a factory image | Return to stock | Unroot/SAVE your Nexus 5

You can flash the TWRP or any other custom recovery while flashing the recovery in that method, TWRP is working fine for me.. :cool:

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=122731]ratul[/MENTION]: is it running ART in default. Is the app size is large and OS load time is slow??

- - - Updated - - -

Flashing done. This one is actually a rocking rom. And in love with this multitasking menu.

drool worthy, this news ate ios 8 excitement.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=122731]ratul[/MENTION]: TFS the screens bro

ratul

█████████████████
[MENTION=122731]ratul[/MENTION]: is it running ART in default. Is the app size is large and OS load time is slow??

yes, there is actually no dalvik in this release, dalvik is now history :twisted:, can't say about the app size and load time as i switched to ART as soon as i got my hands on this phone in Jan, but yeah, certain apps seems to be faster than Kitkat here, but most seems to struggle right now due to not being optimized tofor this version of android, hopefully developers will soon update their apps for compatibility for this "developer" version... :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Unofficially yes
Officially no

You *may* be right. But I have a little hope. My device still get OTA updates. It is showing 4.4.3 update right now. I am sure since its a Nexus device, an update to L might be on the assembly line. Or if Google remains strict on their 1.5 yrs support pattern, then XDA is always at rescue. (That's why the wink in my previous post).

$hadow

Geek in making

- - - Updated - - -

drool worthy, this news ate ios 8 excitement.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=122731]ratul[/MENTION]: TFS the screens bro

I don't see any more reason to be excited about ios since this is actually going to kill it.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Ios will always sell no matter what.. there are too many rich guys now .. when they will see 4.5-5 inch screen in iphone they will go nuts and buy it..
there isn't even a competition between Ios and Android anymore....

windows phone was picking up momentum but Microsoft killed it's prospects by buying Nokia's division ...

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
[MENTION=122731]ratul[/MENTION] I did do a clean flash. Twice to be sure. But still I'm facing some problems. Will use it for a day or two and if it still doesn't work well, I'll revert to 4.4.4 with L as dual boot in MultiROM. Right now I'm completely stock.

Top Bottom