android @ 13k-14k

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
i had been using nokia 5230 for the last 2 years but lost it recently (theft :mad:).. so please suggest suggest me a good android device:-

1. Budget?
ans: 13k-14k (max).

2. Display type and size?
ans: capacitive display > 3.2 inches.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
ans: bar-full touch/slide-touch + qwerty slideout.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
ans. have already used nokia, samsung, lg and motorola. never had any problems with any of these. so no specific brand choice.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
ans. capacitive TOUCH (qwerty if available clubbed with touch).

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
ans. at least 5mp autofocus back cam (led flash would do) + frontcam (for skype calling).

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
ans. android.

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
ans. 3g, wifi (hotspot).

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
ans, flash support, gps with A-gps.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
ans. watching movies+ videos, listening to a lot of songs, internet browsing, gaming and using a lot of apps.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
ans. samsung ace(but lacks a front cam), spice mi 410 (satisfies all the needs but SPICE....), sony erricson xperia mini pro (nice phone but small screen....).

12. Any other info that you want to share.
ans. the should have a good battery life. please try to keep the purchase under 13,5k & the budget should not exceed 14k.

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
you can get motorola Defy for 15K .. get this very highly recommended .. It is just 1K above your budget but performance wise it is lott.

In your budget get samsung Galaxy Ace

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Only a few months ago, Motorola Defy was available on eBay for 12.9k... My friend bought it from a local shop in Hyderabad (Technovision) for 13.5k... I guess prices have increased since...

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
motorola defy seems to a good choice, but its price is about 15.5k n i can't spend a penny over 14k.. :(

i'm thinking of buying sony ericsson sk17i.... it has got nice reviews, good hardware and a qwerty keypad.... ice-cream sandwich update is also set to be given in near future.... now the problem is the price.... :(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Motorola Fire XT if you need everything inc front camera.

Xperia Mini Pro looks good but just 3" screen. install a custom rom & you'll immediately feel the need for a bigger screen.

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
at last i have zeroed on 2 choices.... motorola fire xt or spice mi 410.... now its hard to choose b/w the 2....

mi 410 has a better screen + stereo speakers + qualcomm scorpion 1 ghz proccy + adreno 205 gpu but can't say anything about spice after sales service....

motorola fire xt has a better service than spice and looks better too.... but the proccy is 800mhz n gpu is adreno 200....

so guys please help me with choosing.... my main purpose is gaming, using lots of apps, songs and social networking....

guys there's a problem.. i went to the spice hotspot today to buy this piece(motorola fire xt) but its out of stock everywhere.... and when i thought of ordering it online, the hotspot guy said that the aftersales service of motorola isn't good.... although i know he just lied but i am spending >12k for a device so please if someone could clarify about the aftersales service of motorola.... there are a lot of defy users here so please if someone could clarify....

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
at last i have zeroed on 2 choices.... motorola fire xt or spice mi 410.... now its hard to choose b/w the 2....

mi 410 has a better screen + stereo speakers + qualcomm scorpion 1 ghz proccy + adreno 205 gpu but can't say anything about spice after sales service....

motorola fire xt has a better service than spice and looks better too.... but the proccy is 800mhz n gpu is adreno 200....

so guys please help me with choosing.... my main purpose is gaming, using lots of apps, songs and social networking....

guys there's a problem.. i went to the spice hotspot today to buy this piece(motorola fire xt) but its out of stock everywhere.... and when i thought of ordering it online, the hotspot guy said that the aftersales service of motorola isn't good.... although i know he just lied but i am spending >12k for a device so please if someone could clarify about the aftersales service of motorola.... there are a lot of defy users here so please if someone could clarify....

I know a friend who had very bad experience with Motorola after sales service. His Motorola feature phone went dead within 15 days of buying. He gave it to the service center guys. After keeping it for a month, they returned it saying they cannot repair it. They gave no replacement either...

So, Motorola service center guys in Hyderabad are as*holes. Can't say about other cities...

Spice is better hardware. But have no first hand knowledge about its after sales service...

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
brought motorola fire xt @ 12k.... and by first look, its just amazing(maybe because its my first android).. :D

@androidfan: i inquired a lot about moto after-sales service in my area and its ok.... and thanks for your piece of info.. :)

@sam: a special thanks to you bro for suggesting this vfm set.. :)

@all others: thankyou guys for helping me once again.. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ congrats. do share your experience about your first android :smile:

also remember to turn off data. android downloads updates, sync, etc can lead to 0 balance in no time.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Motorola Fire XT if you need everything inc front camera.

Xperia Mini Pro looks good but just 3" screen. install a custom rom & you'll immediately feel the need for a bigger screen.
sucky phone the fireXT stay away from it

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
@comp@ddict: is it due to the difficulties faced in rooting it?? i read after sam told me about its rooting problem(in some other thread) and found out it was very hard to do so....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@rahul, please share your experience using this mobile. my friends too wants to buy it mainly for the 5Mp cam + flash under 12k.

OP
rahul.007

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
will post a review this evening.. :)

review here:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/150253-motorol-fire-xt-review.html

Top Bottom