• Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
P2P Heads for Finnish Line

Viralg, a Finnish anti P2P company, is claiming to have come up with an algorithm that renders a file downloaded off a P2P network useless.

The company has been working with BMG Finland to protect local music releases on file-swapping networks for more than a year. The principle used, involves getting onto a file swapping network which is capable of allowing downloads from several sources at once. It then mimics the digital signature of a desired song, movie or game, and then adds junk data into the download stream, corrupting the file.

According to a release by the company, "The technology 'virtual algorithm' mixes together files in P2P networks in a way that the illegal downloader will end up downloading useless garbage instead of real music, movie or game content. Our technology is capable of destroying already-shared functional files from peer-to-peer networks."

Viralg is also responsible for clogging the Kazaa, with numerous fake files and decoys. The company says its technology can be used on any of the existing P2P networks without damaging the networks, any ISPs or the downloader's PC as it'll simply corrupt the downloaded file so it cannot be viewed.

The company is keeping a low profile for now, though it is seeking international clients and investors. Viralg's marketing director declined to give the names of the founders or executives, or to reveal the size of the company.

The company says the technology has been used successfully by BMG's Finnish subsidiary, BMG Finland and it is seeking new clients in the entertainment industry.

Source: *www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=3347

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I would vote for Ares, it's the best p2p software out here...

Edonkey is slow can has spywares.

uncreated

Right off the assembly line
Poeple

Hmm if this company can claim to destroy P2P as kazaa. i will agree that Kazaa did have many of such corrupted files when i used it long ago
i am wondering if this file corruption mechanism works with Torrents as well? im guesing people will just ahve alternative methods to counter this new anti-download scheme.
almost all the file sharing systems are being destroyed. it doesnt really matter whether they destroy one or all them they can't control the internet.

S

sunnydiv

if they manage to "block it"

there always will be underground p2p man

i mean, they havent even closed all warez sites yet

OP
N

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
sunnydiv said:
if they manage to "block it"

there always will be underground p2p man

i mean, they havent even closed all warez sites yet

I fully agree with you. The software engineers and hackers will not lose so easily. They will surely try to find a new way to continue P2P. There is no end to such wars. I think companies will have to rethink about their strategies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom