Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep

Version 2.0
klinux said:
is this like "My computer can do make faster calculations than urs " kinda argument ??

well processor is processor . one aint gonna launch a rocket to mars with one and create an earth simulator with the other . its just a tool and it does ur work for u . whats the point in amd vs intel . if its s/w like win vs lin , one person can switch between the other . home processing , u change the processor like once in 3-4 years . so y the fight anyway . its how effectively u use the pc that counts .

Any way i got an intel inside for around 7 years now and amd me right now . so have best of both worlds .

exatcly..
but i still don't know why people argue over and over...

anyways i think someone should close this topic...its kind of dead now.. haha

cheers
Deep

suave_guy

pedal to metal
saying that AMD sux and intel rules is like saying....Paris Hilton sux n her s*x tapes rules....!.period.

Got my pt. of view??

Just coz intel is more souped(read se*ed) up doesnt mean that AMD is not better, rather its a workhorse....

Enjoy :)

saROMan

QA Juggler
wll memme ..give u a small example.......
i have a P2 533EB n 256 MB SDRam ......n bro has a AMD atlon 2000+ , 256 DDR ...but my Xp boots in under 1.5 min.....but even aftr applyin the same tweaks to his comp...his XP never boots under ....2/3 min ....

BTW did i tell u tat i have XP SP2 n he has SP1 :p

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
All depends upon the soft that are loaded at the time of booting.....XP can boot in 35 secs if nothing is loading even with a p2 233 mhz and can take 1 min 20 sec with a p4 1.8 when nav 2005 loads.I think ur bro is more clever to have security pro @ startup or stupid enough to have spyware malware etc............. It s impossible for a 1.67 gig amd to take such time

[flAsh]

In the zone
if u don't like AMD n think AMD "SUX" go 4 P4. nobody stops u. Intel with soaring speeds and HT certainly makes good buy but athlon 64 (3500+ or more rating) with integerated dual channel controller and extrenal cache overpower P4 90nm. u must b knoing DDR2 r slower than DDR1 due 2 high latencies.
athlon 64FX r a boon 2 overclock as they r multipliers r not locked. moreover P4 extreme ed. are even more costlier than FX-53 which beats it in every performance oriented benchmarks even in tru life benchies.
and mayur u hav alwez been a MAAAADDDD Intel Fan.

allajunaki

Journeyman
Well to tell u I was a P4 fan myself... But in due course of time AMD has managed to impress me...
Looks like Intel lost out big time on 64bit processing... Intel's Itanium Series(64-bit) was not backward compatible and slow... No One bought it!!
Where as AMD is concerened they made 64bit processor as an extention to x86... That is the best way as it allows to run 32bit mode for Legacy compatiblity... Also AM64 Beats left and right and between the legs of P4 as far performance is concerned... Just Have a look at Anandtech's site. *www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2249

Now while i do sound like an AMD fan boy, Understand that Im not... I run on Overclocked 1.6Ghz (now @ 2Ghz) Northwood P4....
@ that point of time P4 were Faster... But now i guess Intel is Losing out....

Oh By the way, Intel is launching 'Dorhan' series with AMD's 64bit extentions... Ironic, Isnt it..? Leader now following the chase...

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Oh By the way, Intel is launching 'Dorhan' series with AMD's 64bit extentions... Ironic, Isnt it..? Leader now following the chase...

There is no such thing as Dorhan.Intel launched The Xeons based on Nocona core some time back.These have the EMT64 technology which is essentially a reverse engineered AMD64 technology.
Intel has recently launched EMT64 based Pentium 4 chips based on Prescott core.
These start from 3.4 GHz onwards i guess and are availableonlyto OEMs.
Dothan is a Mobile CPU yet to be launched by Intel.It has low clock speeds but plenty of cache [2MB L2cache] and Centrino Technology.

It is alsoa well known fact that ALL Prescott core based Pentium 4 CPUs , even the 2.4A are EMT64 capable,its just that Intel has disabled it. :wink:

[flAsh]

In the zone
dark lord is right Intel is using EM64T 2 make prescotts 64bit processors. dothan is a mobile processor core.
But one question here
Intel Pentium 4 r 2 b compared with Athlon XP (as both r tru & only 32bit processors). Compare Amd athlon 64 with pure 64bit processors like Itanium or G5 or Xeon

darklord

Cyborg Agent
[flAsh said:
]dark lord is right Intel is using EM64T 2 make prescotts 64bit processors. dothan is a mobile processor core.
But one question here
Intel Pentium 4 r 2 b compared with Athlon XP (as both r tru & only 32bit processors). Compare Amd athlon 64 with pure 64bit processors like Itanium or G5 or Xeon

I agree that P4 & AMD Athlon XP areboth purely 32bit CPUs.
Athlon 64,though 64bit doesnt runin 64bit mode since there is no software for it.All benchmarks compared with P4 are run in 32 bit mode.
So i guess it is fair when you consider that both P4 & AMD64 are compared when AMD64 is run in 32 bit mode.
Isnt it? :wink:

[flAsh]

In the zone
hey darklaord dont u know winxp 64 bit beta is out along with Sisioft Sandra64 which is the one we use for benchmarking. Why don't any one realises that competing P4 with AMD64 line of processors is wrong!!! b'coz AMD 64 makes both of 2 world and that is its biggest +point. isn't it. anyway where's our gr8est"Mayur baby"???(jst jokin)

Ablenwill

Broken In
I my self have AMD and Quite satiesfied but will like that the onboard graphics improves in low range motherboard As my one VIA K8MM-V Mobo with onboard graphics of 64 MB su**s, in that matter Intel is having many mobo options with Intel original, or with intel chipset mobo from third party companies like Asus. My AMD is superior then P4 2.4 Ghz but then you should also consider that 400 Mhz Ram, Hyper transport, SATA HDD, and advance technical advantages but then Intel is also giving all this at a fare price in some scenario the equation is revers and if you compare with the right counerpart then AMD goes expensive when you take 939 pin proccy with Nvidia or ATI chipset.
So I think there is no meaning in comparision of prices. Otherwise its proved all over that game performance is mostly dependent on the Graphic card so no meaning in saying AMD works better with games. A 1.6 Ghz P4 or 2000+ AMD performance will be almost same when having same amount of ram and same Graphic card. And after all its your money and faith take what u belive... Long Live ME ;)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i have a personal experience to share .. amd sucks in multitasking and its no match for intel's hyperthreading. i was using a prescott 2.8 ghz + intel d915gav + 512mb ddr 400 ram previously and now i upgraded to amd 3000+ (venice) + dfi lanparty ut nf4 ultra d + 1 gb ddr 400 ram and it still is slow compared to my previuosly owned intel in multitasking (even after another 512mb ddr ram and buying a mindblowing mobo :() .. like if i burn a cd at the same time and open wmp 10 and then try opening IE i can feel the sluggishness of my pc .... my prescott was better at handling multiple tasks. this is a tested result and opinion of me and some of my frnds who have switched to amd after intel.

ya amd does not heat as much and offers good o/c capabilities but then they should improve their multitasking capability. its seriously slow. and gone are the days when amd procc were all really cheap.

PS :- I am not a newbie here and guys dont think I have a virus or faulty drivers of etc etc kinda crap and dats why my system is slow. I can just feel it.

so i have decided neva to go for an amd again .. and this is just my opinion after experiencing the above mentioned. so i dont really expect you people to start flaming me with intel sucks kinda things. lol. and intel did not pay me to praise them or something.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@Chindi_Chor: There's no need to bump up old threads for no rhyme or reason. It's considered bad forum etiquette.

@Ablenwill, mohit: Please don't encourage people to bump threads by posting replies in bumped up threads. Pay attention to the post date!!

Thread Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom