Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
i dont see the poit in arguing so much.Intel sucks and is hyped so much in India that none of the dealers even quote for Amd processors but the truth is that Amd processors are the best and can deliver more than a punch performance (don't need to go into the technical data stuff will take a day or two) and Intel charges way too much compared to Amd and as for the 64 Fx tecnology it is still the first and better than Intel's 3.2Ghz with HT technology.I mean lets face it Intel has got goosebumps after it.The main point is the dude tha posted this message has runaway and made an arguementative issue over this forum so its better not to answer to these maniacs who are just one post Messengers.(God Help Them).Peace.

girish_b

Journeyman
hyper threrading is not much good on some grafitty softwares... in digit there was a topic or something on that... i think...

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
AMD=Another meaningfull day.....
I love AMD and intel sucks
My AMD 2100+ Never had a heat problem but my friends P4 2.8 with 4 fans have.
Now what about that?

adorablesrini

Broken In
Hey man get a hike!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever tried anything new.Just try it man and then talk.Sucker i.am_mayur dont read DIGIT much.They have proved so many times that AMD64FX is a beauty for GAMING. Seesh this is such a blunder u've made

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
In Calcutta in the middle of the summer my AMD Athlon XP 1800+ Palomino reaches all of 54 degrees...
so much for the heat problem

pankyprk

Broken In
AMD has fleshed out its mobile chip catalogue this week by shipping the Mobile AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor.

It joins a range of mobile models, from 2800+ to 3400+, but is the first to be built using 90nm technology. Aimed at 'thin and light' notebooks, the first commercial use of the chip will be in new models of Acer's Ferrari range of laptops due in Europe later this month and worldwide in October.

The Athlon 64 architecture includes full compatibility with Intel Pentium 32-bit software as well as new 64-bit features and antivirus protection that prevents illicit code from running in some situations. However, mainstream 64-bit software and operating support is still limited with Windows XP 64-bit not due until next year. AMD claims that the new mobile chip goes faster than earlier versions while taking no more power, and is pricing the part at $241 in lots of 1,000.

Intel has declined to comment on when it might introduce 64-bit features to its Pentium-M processor line-up, currently marketed as part of its Centrino brand of notebook components, other than to say that it is monitoring the market and can produce a 64-bit part if conditions warrant.

AMD has consistently introduced features before Intel of late, launching its 64-bit Pentium-compatible chips in September of last year with Intel catching up five months later.

Earlier this month AMD's dual-core Opteron 800 was demonstrated days before Intel showed a dual-core Itanium, and in recent benchmark tests ZDNet UK has found that for mainstream applications AMD's products have an edge in performance over comparable Intel parts.

source: ZDNet.com

pankyprk

Broken In
AMD desktop chips edge ahead of Intel
By Matt Loney CNET News.com August 24, 2004, 10:35 AM PT

Advanced Micro Devices' top-end desktop processors are faster than Intel's for most applications, according to benchmarks from ZDNet Germany's labs.

In a test, Intel's Pentium 4 560 running at 3.6GHz and the 3.4GHz Pentium 4 550 failed to outperform alternatives from AMD. The Pentiums, both with the new Prescott core and 1MB of onboard Level 2 cache, were pitted against the Athlon 64 3800+ running at 2.4GHz and the 2.2GHz 3500+.

The benchmarks indicated that the Athlon 64 has an advantage in office and Internet applications, and with 3D games, said Kai Schmerer, the senior editor who conducted the tests for ZDNet Germany, which is part of CNET Networks.

But AMD's processors did not come out on top in all tests. "The Pentium 4 scored with optimized software--particularly 3D and video rendering," Schmerer said. "The multitasking tests also show an advantage for Intel's Pentium 4."

In Winstone benchmark tests, which measure performance in business and content creation tasks such as converting video files or delivering a PowerPoint presentation, the AMD chips were 10 percent to 16 percent faster than the Intel ones. But with multitasking switched on to take advantage of Intel's hyperthreading technology, the Intel chips took up the lead by 9 percent.

Read the full benchmark review here.

Overall, the test results tended to favor AMD's chips for mainstream applications. That's a potential challenge for Intel, given that the AMD parts are cheaper and cooler. The 3800+ chip consumes 91 watts of power at idle, rising to 172 watts under a full load. That compares with 155 watts at idle and 258 watts under a full load for the Pentium 4 560.

The lower power consumption of the AMD parts arises from their lower clock frequency, as well as from AMD's use of silicon-on-insulator technology.

AMD's 64-bit chips also support the NX (No Execute) feature, which safeguards them from certain virus attacks. Intel has announced that the Pentium 4 is to support the NX feature later this year.

for Latest Processor benchmarks: Intel versus AMD click here
:idea: Please read here about AMDs latest moves, Dual-Core & all that....

G

gxsaurav

AMD AthlonXP will be beaten by a P4 northwood anyday, however AMD 64 will beat Prescott & Northwood anyday, so don't compare Northwood with AMD64, compare it with AthlonXP

Wildstyle

Broken In
i.am_mayur said:
AMD reallyyyyyyyyy sux man.

1) AMD is a sore loser. They 've ried everything to overtake the Intel bosses but failed miserably .Just check out he stats

2) The very fact that AMD likes to measure the performance of its chips wih PR ratings does not speak a lot of good for the company

3) Even the performance of the (so called) revolutionary 64FX is being compared to P4's .AMD is still stuk with the PR rating. This is a clear indication that they r not confident of their own products.

4) AMD chips r absolutely unsuitable for gaming . Even the 64FX being touted as the gaming chip loses hands down to the P4 EE .

5) of course theres the ubiquitous fact that AMD chips overheat .AMD users do u like ur chips medium ,rare or well done ?

INTEL RULEZ any day . P4 RULEs .
Try to prove me wrong .. .

Mayur, dearest of all my friends! What is wrong with you?

I think this is all a case of sour grapes. Lemme guess... your vendor got you into buying a Pentium and now you realised you got duped into spending more money. So all you can do is rant, rant and rant... all of five times. Or just maybe, you're a GID (Genuine Intel Dealer)

I don't need to speak much as the number of replies proves what the majority of people think about AMD. AMD doesn't even advertise on television like Intel, and yet you have more and more people converting to it. Do you still say they are inconfident about their product??

i.am_mayur said:
AMD is still stuck with the PR rating

What do you mean by "still stuk"? PR ratings is a newer way of measuring a chip's potential, so how can someone be "still stuck" with it when it's a newer concept?????

i.am_mayur said:
AMD chips r absolutely unsuitable for gaming . Even the 64FX being touted as the gaming chip loses hands down to the P4 EE .

Well, from first-hand experience, I beg to differ. As would anyone who reads the tests on Digit, or elsewhere. You, dearest of all my friends, haven't even posted a single statistic to back your claims.

i.am_mayur said:
of course theres the ubiquitous fact that AMD chips overheat .AMD users do u like ur chips medium ,rare or well done ?

AMD chips do have a higher core temperature, but that's not overheating. "Over" implies crossing the predefined limits. Unless someone is overclocking his chip without adequate cooling, it will never overheat. (Personally, I just love that warm draft of air that circulates my cabinet and I use it to warm my hands after my hands get sore from typing replies to dumb posts.)

I am not saying Intel sucks, or Pentium sucks. In fact, their products are great. However, you are politically and factually incorrect in saying that AMD sucks. It is hot!

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Ya man AMD rulez. I asked the price of an AMD mobo+proccy of abt 2.8 GHz 64 bit he said that it will cost me 14500/- but an Intel p4 2.8 HT + Intel original board will cost me 15600/- so is there anything more 4 me to say.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
gxsaurav u know nothing about amd.My 1800+ comfotably beats p4 1.8gig in pcmark and freshdevice benchmark.It opens photoshop in 4 secs with a pata 5400 rpm hdd

Deep

Version 2.0
i.am_mayur said:
AMD reallyyyyyyyyy sux man.

1) AMD is a sore loser. They 've ried everything to overtake the Intel bosses but failed miserably .Just check out he stats

2) The very fact that AMD likes to measure the performance of its chips wih PR ratings does not speak a lot of good for the company

3) Even the performance of the (so called) revolutionary 64FX is being compared to P4's .AMD is still stuk with the PR rating. This is a clear indication that they r not confident of their own products.

4) AMD chips r absolutely unsuitable for gaming . Even the 64FX being touted as the gaming chip loses hands down to the P4 EE .

5) of course theres the ubiquitous fact that AMD chips overheat .AMD users do u like ur chips medium ,rare or well done ?

INTEL RULEZ any day . P4 RULEs .
Try to prove me wrong .. .

ok i agree intel rules but i dont agree that AMD sucks..

if you think AMD sucks then keep it within yourself... no need to start new topic for that...

if everyone starts posting..this sucks...that sucks..then soon we will have to open one forum for sucking posts lol

we purchased 10 AMD machines for our office...and i have no problems with any of the machines...totally satisfied with the perfomance...

it is cheap and it is good...

i agree that you can not compare it with P4 2.8 GHz but still is is decent enough

in other terms i can definitely say it is "Paisa Vasool" thing....

I did not meant to flame you but this is the fact....grow up..think twice before you post anything...dont just start any topic which comes in your mind...

cheers
Deep

theraven

Technomancer
pretty old thread
talk abt resurrections
is this guy still ard ? i think hes had his share of warnings ...
anyways .. he starts a thread and doesnt even have the guts to follow up with it!!
shows how much he knows ...
mods .... this aint going nowhere ... a lock is in order i suppose .

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
is this like "My computer can do make faster calculations than urs " kinda argument ??

well processor is processor . one aint gonna launch a rocket to mars with one and create an earth simulator with the other . its just a tool and it does ur work for u . whats the point in amd vs intel . if its s/w like win vs lin , one person can switch between the other . home processing , u change the processor like once in 3-4 years . so y the fight anyway . its how effectively u use the pc that counts .

Any way i got an intel inside for around 7 years now and amd me right now . so have best of both worlds .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom