AMD Phenom II X6 vs Intel Core i5

-=[DDS]=-

G!ZMo FReeK
AmD PHENOM II X6 vS CORE i5
Can u PlS help me deciding on which processor to buy.
i Will mainly do MULTITASKING & AUDIO/VIDEO ENCODING.
& WILL pLAY few games, but my main task is MULTITASKING & ENCODING.
So which of this Processor will be g00d f0R me

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
AMD processors give more value for money in most cases - cheaper for the same performance, and faster for the same price. However, video editing has always been Intel's strong point and that's one of your primary requirements.

You specified only the core technologies of each brand, not the specific models you are evaluating. That makes it difficult to compare the two.

OP
D

-=[DDS]=-

G!ZMo FReeK
AMD processors give more value for money in most cases - cheaper for the same performance, and faster for the same price. However, video editing has always been Intel's strong point and that's one of your primary requirements.

You specified only the core technologies of each brand, not the specific models you are evaluating. That makes it difficult to compare the two.

i M going for basic models only, like 1055t for X6 & i5-750.
ACtUALLy my budget is 15k for both motherboard + CPU.
& i know that X6 & i5 both fit in this budget but dont know thier specific models.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
-=[DDS]=-;1281103 said:
i M going for basic models only, like 1055t for X6 & i5-750.
ACtUALLy my budget is 15k for both motherboard + CPU.
& i know that X6 & i5 both fit in this budget but dont know thier specific models.
In cases like this where you've shortlisted a few models, the logical thing to do is to go to a serious review website like Tom's Hardware and check the benchmarks for the applications you're interested in.

In this case, the 1055T looks better overall. The differences are small in many cases and would not be noticeable in real life, but up to 21% in some cases.

There are no benchmarks for multitasking, but I'd expect that the 6 cores of the 1055T would be a definite advantage.

suriyaj

Right off the assembly line
-=[DDS]=-;1280966 said:
AmD PHENOM II X6 vS CORE i5
Can u PlS help me deciding on which processor to buy.
i Will mainly do MULTITASKING & AUDIO/VIDEO ENCODING.
& WILL pLAY few games, but my main task is MULTITASKING & ENCODING.
So which of this Processor will be g00d f0R me

I recommend going with AMD phenom II X6 . Actually it is a competitor for Intel core i7. It can compete and win many mid level processors of i7. AMD always has a solution and the best alternative for Intel's money sucking processors.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I recommend going with AMD phenom II X6 . Actually it is a competitor for Intel core i7. It can compete and win many mid level processors of i7. AMD always has a solution and the best alternative for Intel's money sucking processors.

actually you are only partially correct. it is no match for the i7 950 in any process you can think of. moreover it looses in gaming to i5 760 and 750. it wins in rendering and all.

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
what do u think about its AMD performance after a 1yr or 2yr.. it gets degraded very soon which is nt in d case of intel i5 it will give u almost same performance....

mavihs

Techie By Heart
what do u think about its AMD performance after a 1yr or 2yr.. it gets degraded very soon which is nt in d case of intel i5 it will give u almost same performance....
where do you get that from??? :neutral: :evil:

@OP
go for 1055T! for video encoding, that is going to be way better than the i5!!!

^^^ processors DeGraDeD!!! LOL

post ur source for that statement. but i'am retty sure u made that up !!!!

and if that is ur observation..... get ur facts straight

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
hes a nice example of: INTEL FANBOY :lol:

m nt an INTEL FAN buddy... m telling what all relailer r sayin.. dats y i came here... dey warned me dat coz of AMD's heating issue.. its performance definately degrade over a period of tym..

n anoder point they added was dat if u will go sell dat AMD rig.. it will hardly give u penny in return...
So dat complete talk basically moved me from AMD to intel as earlier ma plan for AMD hex core..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
m nt an INTEL FAN buddy... m telling what all relailer r sayin.. dats y i came here... dey warned me dat coz of AMD's heating issue.. its performance definately degrade over a period of tym..

n anoder point they added was dat if u will go sell dat AMD rig.. it will hardly give u penny in return...
So dat complete talk basically moved me from AMD to intel as earlier ma plan for AMD hex core..
1) Shopkeepers and Retailers are idiots, especially in India. This is the reason why we have tech forums. However, good shops exist too. Don't forget, this is the same India where Shopkeepers and Retailers sell 1000w PSUs for Rs. 1200.

2) Performance degrading over a period of time? I'm having a laugh. A chip is a non-mechanical machine. It is NOT something whose performance would decrease over a period of time like a car.

3) Electronics gadgets always sell at the price they are worth. If a particular gadget is good, then a well-notified-aware-buyer will always offer the perfect price for it. You need to sell the right things at the right places.

4) AMD Phenom II X6 hexacore processors are excellent. They easily beat Core i5 750/760 in multithreaded tasks like rendering/conversion etc. whereas perform lower in gaming. AMD's motherboards are cheaper which also allows you to invest in a better graphic card if you have budget restraints compared to Intel. If you don't have any budget problem, then Intel Core i7 is the way to go.

5) Every company has had their share of good and bad processors. AMD Athlon XP and Intel Pentium 4 Northwood being two examples of notoriously heating processors from both the companies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom