amd mobo and RAM for 5.5k

so i was thinking of getting an am3 or am3+ mobo and 4gb ddr3 RAM.
can anyone suggest me both which might fit in my budget of 5.5k.
i prefer a mobo which is OC friendly.

Thankyou ppl,
Sam

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
for ram go for Gskill ripjaws 1600 @1.8K
for MB AM3+ will not fit into ur budjet u can consider these two
Buy Gigabyte | Gigabyte motherboard in India | Gigabyte GA MA74GMT S2 Motherboard
Buy Gigabyte | Gigabyte motherboard in India | Gigabyte GA 880GM USB3 Motherboard

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Thats a real low budget but I will try to put things in it.

Buy AMD Athlon II Processor | AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor Processor in India - 2.6K

Buy Gigabyte | Gigabyte motherboard in India | Gigabyte GA MA74GMT S2 Motherboard - 2.4K

Corsair Memory | Corsair India | Buy Corsair RAM | Buy Memory in India - 2GB 1.1K

= 6.1K

Cilus

laborare est orare
For Ram, opt for the G-skill F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL 4GB module @ 1.5K. It is a 1600 MHz CL9 4GB stick. Here is the link.

OP
G

gravitygamer009

Broken In
Thats a real low budget but I will try to put things in it.

Buy AMD Athlon II Processor | AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor Processor in India - 2.6K

Buy Gigabyte | Gigabyte motherboard in India | Gigabyte GA MA74GMT S2 Motherboard - 2.4K

Corsair Memory | Corsair India | Buy Corsair RAM | Buy Memory in India - 2GB 1.1K

= 6.1K
i dont need a cpu..:-D

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ The Gskill ram is better than the XMS3 as it can run at tight latency setting, better than XMS3

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for ram go for Gskill ripjaws 1600 @1.8K
for MB AM3+ will not fit into ur budjet u can consider these two
Buy Gigabyte | Gigabyte motherboard in India | Gigabyte GA MA74GMT S2 Motherboard
Buy Gigabyte | Gigabyte motherboard in India | Gigabyte GA 880GM USB3 Motherboard

Sorry no AM3+ Mobo can fit your bill afaik they are above 4K min.

Op can get M5A78L-M LX @ 2.6k which is the cheapest AM3+ socket mobo currently availabl with one limitation only - it supports cpus upto 95W TDP and all other AM3+ mobos are more than 5k and if Op can increase the budget he should opt fom Asus M5A88-M which is great VFM Am3+ mobo IMO ;-)

OP
G

gravitygamer009

Broken In
anyhow since there are no much am3+ mobos in my budget i might as well get an am3 one. will the phenom x4 955 hold for an other year or two??
if im getting a normal am3 board,4gb ram and a 955 should i OC it now itself??
or should leave it at factory settings??will it give me good performance without OC?im not planning to OC my RAM but would like to keep it cool.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the stock speed gives you enough performance there's no need to OC the cpu but if you feel more need for speed try OCing the cpu but while Ocing keep the temps in check and if possible buy a third party cooler like CM Hyper 212+ and a quality PSU just to be safe.

955BE will hold up for a another year or two for sure with a good gpu if you are planning to play games and 955BE itself is a nice cpu with good gaming performance ;-)

OP
G

gravitygamer009

Broken In
i already have a sapphire 6850 970/1210,and CM hyper tx3 cpu cooler and CM 350W continuous PSU. till now the max power used is just about 285W while gaming(crysis2 etc)

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^i think 350W won't be able to handle 955(125W TDP) and 6850.considering it is 80% efficient,it will give 280W,which is nowhere sufficient to power 6850 and 125W tdp processor.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sukesh, buddy, I have posted several times that a true 350W PSU will give 350W of power output irrespective of its efficiency. Efficiecy is completely different thing...It is the amount of power that will be fetched from your home circuit by the PSU to provide 350W of power output.

Suppose X Watt is the power required by the PSU to provide 350W of power. Then
X* 80% = 350
-> X= 350X100/80 = 437.5W

So the PSU will take 437.5W of current from the circuit to provide 350W of output. Make sure you understand it and don't get confused. Efficiency helps you to reduce the power consumption as more tha efficiency, less the power required by the PSU to provide its rated wattage.

For HD6850, minimum of 450W PSU is required and FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2K is the best choice. Another thing, currently all the Phenom II X4 955 comes with C3 revision and have 95W of TDP, not 125W.

sukesh1090

Adam young
Thanks cilus brother.now i got it but the c3 revision of 955 which is coming now is 125W.
AMD Processors for Desktops: AMD Phenomâ„¢, AMD Athlonâ„¢ FX, AMD Athlonâ„¢ X2 Dual-Core, AMD Athlonâ„¢, and AMD Sempronâ„¢ Processor and yes they have launched 95W c3 revision but i don't think it is available any where.

Top Bottom