amd hd 7850 nd 650 watt. psu price

aryankratos

Broken In
hi guys this pankaj janghu here from gurgaon...actualy i m so confused between hd 6870 and hd 7850...plz guys help me out to get better gpu...and plz tell the latest pice of both gpu...and i also want to upgrade my psu to 650 wat....plz suggest mebetter psu with latest price.

my current system configrution is..

intel i5-2400
ram 4gb +2gb=6 gb
19 inch led aoc
:oops::oops::oops:

and my english is so bad so plz dont mind it

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
HD7850 is better than HD6870.
Price of HD7850 2GB is ~15.6K
Price of 650Watt PSU (i.e. Corsair TX650V2 is ~5.8K)
A cheaper option for your graphics card would be Corsair GS600 @4.6K

OP
A

aryankratos

Broken In
HD7850 is better than HD6870.
Price of HD7850 2GB is ~15.6K
Price of 650Watt PSU (i.e. Corsair TX650V2 is ~5.8K)
A cheaper option for your graphics card would be Corsair GS600 @4.6K

thnks for ur rply d6bmg...is hd 7850 is future proof or after 2 year i have to buy a new gpu???
nd one more thing is tht is real power 650 watt psu is ok with hd 7850????

Last edited:

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
thnks for ur rply d6bmg...is hd 7850 is future proof or after 2 year i have to buy a new gpu???

Yes, HD7850 will be OK for the coming 1-2 years, and will be able to play most games by lowering down settings with time, but remember, it will age, so one day or the another, you will have to change it.

Next, do you really want that 650W supply? HD7850 will run just fine on a 500W PSU from a respectable company. Consider this - Seasonic S12II 520W or Crosair GS600. Both will be at the same price range, but the Seasonic is 80+ broze and Corsair GS600 is 80+ certified, so the Seasonic one is a better buy.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Yes, HD7850 should be sufficient for next 2 years.
Real power 650? Don't buy, cause it is overpriced.
Do you want a modular PSU? Then will suggest some.

OP
A

aryankratos

Broken In
Yes, HD7850 will be OK for the coming 1-2 years, and will be able to play most games by lowering down settings with time, but remember, it will age, so one day or the another, you will have to change it.

Next, do you really want that 650W supply? HD7850 will run just fine on a 500W PSU from a respectable company. Consider this - Seasonic S12II 520W or Crosair GS600. Both will be at the same price range, but the Seasonic is 80+ broze and Corsair GS600 is 80+ certified, so the Seasonic one is a better buy.

wat u mean by it will be ok only for 1-2 year.... i m investing my 16k rupess on hd 7850 nd on 5.5 on a psu.... nd you are saying maximum 2 years...i dont think its worth my money...bloody hell:evil::-x:evil::cry::cry:

OP
A

aryankratos

Broken In
wats ur mean guys by only 2 year..... i m spending my 15.5k money on hd 7850 nd 5.5k on a psu....nd you are saying it will b ok only for 1-2 years...i dont thinkk its worth my money...any suggestion plz help me out what to do?:-x:-x:-x:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ everything gets 'old' in the world of gpu and gaming gfx .. you want cutting edge performance after 2years with latest games .. you need to change the gpu if you like to play at highest pssible settings always or have to compromise with gfx settings of the game.

My suggestion is to get a HD7870 @ ~20k and a Corsair CX500v2 @ 3.2k

OP
A

aryankratos

Broken In
no i can only spend 15-16k on gpu...so thts y i m going for hd 7850....nd plz tell me can i get 650 watts psu from corsair for 5k from ny online store??

OP
A

aryankratos

Broken In
yeah the prices hav come down from last 10-12days n it will come down more in october
thts a very gud new for me...is tht mean i need to wait till october...nd funskar bdy r u sure naa tht prize will surely drop???

Some days ago my father purchased Sapphire 7850 2 gb from nehru place @ 13-14k
i knew it prize will surely drops...i think i have to wait till october thn i will go for hd 7870....tht gpu sounds like a beast

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
yeah the prices hav come down from last 10-12days n it will come down more in october

I second this. AFAIK, price drop will happen soon because of two reasons:
1. rupee is getting stronger against dollar
2. price cuts.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
no i can only spend 15-16k on gpu...so thts y i m going for hd 7850....nd plz tell me can i get 650 watts psu from corsair for 5k from ny online store??

No. at 5k you can get GS600 though . your Budget is Total ~21k and what I suf=ggested you you willcost ~2k more currently but HD7870s price will come down with newer stock and check out the above deal ;-)

OP
A

aryankratos

Broken In
WOOOHOOO...can i get hd 7870 at 17.5k from nehru place at this time...or it'll b fair to wait till october???

I second this. AFAIK, price drop will happen soon because of two reasons:
1. rupee is getting stronger against dollar
2. price cuts.

i m dying to get my hd7870...ok one more qstn guys is 4+2=6 gb ram will b inoff for gaming or i have to upgrade my ram too?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
6GB ram is enough for gaming unless you're working with lots of OSes in VM, some large psd/vid/animation files.

x64_gamimg.png

Top Bottom