AMD Fusion APU discussion

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Guys Brazos is launched taking performance per watt to a new level. Now even netbooks can stream 1080p content!!

Check this and this.

Lets start a discussion on this topic....

MODS, is it better to move this thread to the technology news section? Guess i have opened it in the wrong section.

Please comment.

Last edited:
J

Joker

excellent...

this thing is much faster than atom and has great graphics...would be great in netbooks. now even netbooks can game!!

in many benchmarks i had seen it trumped core i3 based notebooks with intel igp in gaming!!!

18w TDP and greatest thing is...a single chip.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
So fusion is finally here. It looks good but it all depends on the manufacturers whether they market them or like it has always been with amd in laptops , that a few netbooks will be launched . It won't really get marketed and nobody will buy them. All the ads we see will be for the atom.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I think this is a brilliant move from amd. Targeting atom or even the i3's and beating them is a testament for them in chip designing and that too at a much lower price. Finally we can see amd making some numbers in the netbook and mainstream notebook market.

By the looks of it, the product will be an instant hit but people need to know about it first and depends on the marketting campaign of amd. But amd will pull it off easily because this time around things are going right for them.

Netbooks and notebooks within $200 - $500 will now be fully capable of streaming 1080p content with gpu accelerated players like mpc homecinema & can game too.

Can't wait for the products to roll out cause i'm eyeing one.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Small clarifications. The new sections in Hardware are for everything including news/troubleshooting EXCEPT buying. Restrict the "Technology News" section for posting 'other' things which are many.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Review AMD Fusion C-series APU

C series is 9w and E series is 18w.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Great features for a netbook. As i said earlier , even netbooks can play hd content now and execute multimedia tasks . The ontario APU is really accelerating performance and its a strong showing in netbook category.

The E series or zacate APU'S will change entry level notebook performance for sure.

When will they launch in india or atleast start shipping in netbooks?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd expect them in February. :)

This thing is the reason why they were not able to compete with Intel since they bought ATi. They paid more than necessary and then financial losses etc.

HP revs up Pavilion dm1 with AMD Fusion, the notbook wars have begun -- Engadget

Acer Laptops Show Love for AMD and Intel Single-Die Chips | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

-----

Sapphire joins the Fusion fun

*www.fudzilla.com/images/stories/2011/January/General_News/sapphire_pureE350_1.jpg

Based on the Hudson-M1 chipset, the motherboard features AMD's E-350 dual-core APU clocked at 1.6GHz. Of course, the E-350 comes with Radeon HD 6310 graphics while the rest of the motherboard features include two DDR3-1066 SO-DIMM slots, a PCI-Express x16 slot, total of five SATA 6.0Gbps ports, two USB 3.0 ports and a couple of USB 2.0 ones, eSATA port, D-Sub, DVI and HDMI outputs, integrated 7.1-channel audio, Gigabit LAN and Bluetooth 2.1.

Manufacturers Unveil AMD Fusion Mini-ITX Motherboards | Hardware Secrets

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - BGA FT1 - GA-E350N-USB3 (rev. 1.0)

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Check this too.

The product is hot indeed. (not thermally):wink:

The mini itx boards will be great for htpc's. Standalone media player days are numbered.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
So fusion is finally here. It looks good but it all depends on the manufacturers whether they market them or like it has always been with amd in laptops , that a few netbooks will be launched . It won't really get marketed and nobody will buy them. All the ads we see will be for the atom.
Almost every manufacturer has jumped on the Fusion netbooks bandwagon at CES 2011. Atom's days are numbered.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
i'd like to wait and watch

Buddy, all the major manufacturers have announced support for the zacate platform. AMD has never received such support in the mobile platform before this.

Certainly its highly promising and i knew it from the day tomshardware previewed the brazos platform.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think what will be more interesting will be Acer or MSI or Asus (not HP & Dell duo) launch netbooks that gives competition to the likes of Alienware MX11 @ half the price. sacrifice 5-10FPS & get double battery life.

mohiuddin

Journeyman
I liked most its gpu part .dx11 abled(sandy bridge r 10.1), less and less power consumption and narrowing the gap between cpu and igp performance.:)

Top Bottom