AMD Driver Issues

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
From my experiance ur gpu is faulty. I too faced prob of freezing and recovering, game crashing in addition to BSODs.
If reinstall win7 doesnt fix, then RMA imo.

OP
cgi86

cgi86

Tech Enthusiast
after exhausting all other options i'm preparing to try RMA . have contacted MSI with detailed report of my issue . hope to get it resolved . fingers crossed . :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, it is a GPU problem...I have faced the same issue. Good luck for the RMA process.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
intel core i 5 - 2400 proc
intel dh67bl - b3 mobo
msi hd 6850 1 GB cyclone power oc edition
corsair 4 GB DDR 3 @ 1333Mhz
Coolermaster elite 430
antec 650 watts

I have exactly the similar configuration, except for G.Skill 4GB DDR RAM and FSP SAGA II 500W SMPS.

I do remember the AMD driver crash on my system, I think 3 times it crashed, but thats all.. I think after I updated the drivers to 11.10 it stopped crashing.

BTW can you give us the Exact RAM Model which you are using, AFAIK and as reported by other members of this forum some Corsair models have issues with Sandy Bridge.

I am quoting this reply from Cilus from one of my threads.

DOn't get XMS3 for Sandy Bridge motherboards as Sandy Bridge Mobo ram slots are operate on 1.5V whereas XMS3 is a 1.65V ram module. I've heard about some incompatibility issues between these high voltage ram modules and Sandy Bridge mobos.

As you have already given your GPU for RMA, you can research if there is any problem with the RAM you are using.

EDIT: your temperature is also normal, mine hit 69°-71° C

OP
cgi86

cgi86

Tech Enthusiast
i too feel there is something wrong with the RAM too ..... i very rarely get the graphics driver crashing error even now ( its not frequent as before) with the intel graphics driver too . :(

my ram is corsair value select 4 GB DDR 3 @ 1333 mhz : Corsair Memory — 4GB DDR3 Memory (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9)
its voltage is given as 1.5 v , same as that of intel dh67bl - b3 mobo memory voltage .

i had updated the graphics driver to 11.10 and subsequently to 11.11 . but my problems had persisted .

my mobo has got a new bios update , so going to try that now . :)

yah .. my temps are mostly okay ....

OP
cgi86

cgi86

Tech Enthusiast
this is off topic . but can anyone suggest a trusted online site to purchase computer components such as RAM ?

Friends ,

Can you tell me why its showing 666 Mhz in bandwidth ? The Ram should be running at 1333 Mhz , right ?

*img840.imageshack.us/img840/2214/50725398.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ then your memory modules are just fine - check the HDD for bad sector using your HDD manufacturer diagnostic app.

OP
cgi86

cgi86

Tech Enthusiast
^^ then your memory modules are just fine - check the HDD for bad sector using your HDD manufacturer diagnostic app.

Checked with Seatools - Ran Smart Test , Drive Self Test , Short Generic and Long Generic Tests - No errors . Dang ! I can't figure out , whats wrong here . Very very occasionally i still get the graphics driver error - with my Intel IGP ! :(

IGP also giving same error , Windows reinstalled twice, Formatted . Almost all catalyst drivers from 11.7 tried , Mainboard Bios updated , Video Bios flashed - updated , Ram Checked with Memtest , HDD checked with Seatools . My temps are quite okay - idle at 30s , max at 68-70 C . Changed power settings to Performance (never turn off)

Can't help but feeling that Windows is screwing with me . :(

:|

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Clean install Windows 7 one more time > Install SP1 > Install all the latest update for the OS > Install the latest intel inf ( chipset ) / lan / audio driver > Install the IGP driver from the mobo CD.

OP
cgi86

cgi86

Tech Enthusiast
Received the graphics card replaced today. For few hours its normal .... then in Fifa 11 , the error comes again . Twice in 4 minutes . I'm almost convinced this has something to do with Windows. Hmmm . Will Clean Install window again and see with all the latest updates .

Neuron

Electronic.
Try changing your mother board.And also see if you have any failed updates listed 'Update history'.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Received the graphics card replaced today. For few hours its normal .... then in Fifa 11 , the error comes again . Twice in 4 minutes . I'm almost convinced this has something to do with Windows. Hmmm . Will Clean Install window again and see with all the latest updates .

Don't forget to install the latest inf ie chipset software from Intel's website.

Top Bottom