AMD 6670 temperature problem

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys actually i don't know is it gpu problem or afterburner problem because temp monitoring wondow in AB always shows a peak in between which reaches 127C:shock:.yes 127C.but hw monitor shows the maximum temp as 60C and i never had any problem with my system like BSODs because of gpu or artifacts in screen,nope none of them.i can easily play games without any problem.I am having this problem back from 2 months but still i ignored thinking its AB problem but now it is eating my head a lot i can't rest without knowing what is causing the problem so please help me.here is the pic.thank you.
guys is there any other reliable temp monitoring app which shows graph like AB and updates the temp every second.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i don't trust AB at all. there been report of it showing wrong temps before also.

*gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/11/17/4sa.png

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
thats why i didn't bothered much but still wanted it to get clear.but still it is a very useful application,the best available for over clocking and also has image and video capturing tool.so i use it.it shows the temp correctly except that peak,don't know why it shows like that.it only shows like that when i load the gpu and bring it back to idle,in idle it shows those peaks but when in load it works correctly.lets hope the final 2.2.0 will fix it but it is looking it is the duke nukem forever of the software world.they are only releasing beta over beat and no sign of final.btw thank you for the reply.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The temperature which Overdrive shows is also accurate. I only use GPU-Z though.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for me GPU-Z can never show the load temp correctly - so I use HWinfo instead which shows the correct temp info ;-)

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
@ico,
no brother overdrive sucks a big time for me.it shows wrong voltages, temperature ............every reading of cpu is wrong.i tried even the latest version but with no luck.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think he was talking about the little overdrive app integrated into CCC - anyway I've never used the fully featured overdrive app - I'm more comfortable with bios when it comes to cpu OC and for gpu OC I rely on Sapphire Trixx ;-)

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^guys is there a way to change voltage in my 6670?it is grayed out in after burner and I heard that this card doesn't support the voltage tweaking but still asking?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD6670 is not listed Under SAPPHIREs Eligible Product List for TRiXX Utility and HD6670 does not supports GPU core Voltage chnage - so Ops best bet is to OC it with sock volts and this link might be helpful ;-)

Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 Review - Page 2 - Impressions & Overclocking

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you've Oced your HD6670 by 75MHz on core and 150 on Memory which is not very high though a decent OC anyway - enjoy the extra FPS in games ;-)

Top Bottom