Not open for further replies.

cyrux

In the zone
Can a amd 64 athlon 3200+ have a machester core ?? Check this

*img293.imageshack.us/img293/9849/cpuz7bo.th.jpg

Checked it with cpu-z 1.32

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
How can u get MAnchester core for 3200, i know they come only in Venice and winchester........and i gueess AMD dual cores have manchester ....can anybody explain me also this one......

Kniwor

Learner
No a 3200+ cannot be manchester......
so how do we explain this...
well i have never faced such a situation but as i seems to me this is most prolly a 3800+ manchester..... and for some reasons winXP is only using one core of the 2 and identifying it a single core procy.... now i dont know how valid this explaination is...

other thin is it can be a paint trick...... as simple as that...

but there os no manchester 3200+ single core for sure....

OP
C

cyrux

In the zone
Yes this is my PC. Secondly this is not a dual core system, i didnt pay that much ....lol

I think this is a winchester core. The cpu-z couldnt indentify it , thats what i can conclude. This is the latest version of cpu-z 1.32, which is last updated on 3/3/2006 . I feel this version has a bug. The last version of cpu-z 1.31 couldnt detect what core my cpu had.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
cyrux said:
Yes this is my PC. Secondly this is not a dual core system, i didnt pay that much ....lol

I think this is a winchester core. The cpu-z couldnt indentify it , thats what i can conclude. This is the latest version of cpu-z 1.32, which is last updated on 3/3/2006 . I feel this version has a bug. The last version of cpu-z 1.31 couldnt detect what core my cpu had.

This should be the case

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well there is a possibility of this being a Manchester Core.Simple reason being it is E4.Normallly Venice are E3 or E6.

There is a very small chance that a particular Manchester Core was so bad that It didnt even pass 3500+ or single core 3800+ usability so instead of scrapping the core,AMD castrated it and sold it off as 3200+

Just my 2 cents. :wink:

Kniwor

Learner
darklord said:
Well there is a possibility of this being a Manchester Core.Simple reason being it is E4.Normallly Venice are E3 or E6.

There is a very small chance that a particular Manchester Core was so bad that It didnt even pass 3500+ or single core 3800+ usability so instead of scrapping the core,AMD castrated it and sold it off as 3200+

Just my 2 cents. :wink:

well sorry but this is not possible, a manchester core contains 2 processors and is much different by design...
if one core stops working i dunno how will the processor react but it cannot certainly be made a single core... the Hypertarnsport is shared... so i am sure there is some sharing algorithm..... and it is actually more complicated than that if u see the dual core structure.....

OP
C

cyrux

In the zone
Fine guys ,finally got through . After searching on google for a while i came to a conclusion that and amd athlon 64 S939 3200 + does have a manchestor core with e4 version

Take a look at this site for your convenience. Just scroll down a bit where you will find this package

*www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_cpu_support_detail.php?UID=608&kind=1

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Kniwor said:
well sorry but this is not possible, a manchester core contains 2 processors and is much different by design...
if one core stops working i dunno how will the processor react but it cannot certainly be made a single core... the Hypertarnsport is shared... so i am sure there is some sharing algorithm..... and it is actually more complicated than that if u see the dual core structure.....

I know Manchester is Dual Core ka core :lol:

Well there is a correction,the 2 cores do NOT share the HTT bus. :wink:

Check for urself, AMD Dual Core Architecture

Also the memory controller is also only 1 and not an independant for each core.

So if one core stops functioning,disabling it and using the other core is VERY much possible.

Also i may be dumb but not dumb enough to be unable to understand and know the basics. :wink:

Kniwor

Learner
Hey darklord It´s My Bad.....

I searched and found that these processors are actually dual core manchesters whose one core has gone bad

so u can compare them to, say, San Diego SH-E4 with half of its Cache L2 disabled like the ADA3500DAA4BN

Here is the processor.....
*www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/details.aspx?opn=ADA3200DKA4CG

i was really on wrong lines there.....

@cyrux
thanks for pointing that out man......!!!

@darklord
about the bus... they actually do share the Hypertransport bus(please dont call it HTT,u know why) ..... but my conclusion was not quite right.... as i have already stated...

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Why shouldnt i call it HTT ? isnt it whats it called?

Oh you want me to call it LDT...fair enough.

Kniwor

Learner
HTT is name for INTEL's hyperthreading..... but AMD uses the full word Hypertransport.... newbies often confuse.....

hey give it some time... Hyperthreading is almost dead.... so when Hyperthreading is gone... we will call it HTT :wink:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Well to be precise,

HT - HyperThreading

HTT - Hypertransport

AFAIK no one calls Hyperthreading as HTT.

Kniwor

Learner
They call it

HTT = Hyper Threading Technology= HT Technology

Hypertransport is just Hypertransport.....

darklord

Cyborg Agent
AMD Athlon 64 939 pin based CPUs have basically 2 versions of Venice core.

E3 and E6.

Getting E6 is recommended for lesser heat output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom