sunny656

Never gone
than suggest me any cheap GPU

instead of above motherboards shall i combine these two
Gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2 @ 2.4k
MSI R6450 1GB GDDR3 @ 3.1k

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 version is available @ 4.2K, get it. Don't get the 1 GB GDDR3 version, retailing within 4 to 4.5K range. The reason is the advantage of extra 512 MB ram does not matter in case of a not so powerful GPU like HD 5670 but the speed of the Ram matters. GDDR5 ram running at the same speed of a GDDR3 can transfer data twice faster than the GDDR3 module and higher memory bandwidth is always advantageous.

ADDED Mobo + Gfx card within 6K

Gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2 @ 2.5K
Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 @ 3.86K (in lynx-india including the 5% vat)
*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=16059

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anybody else only looking for a 5.5k mobo should have a look at this ;-)

Asus M5A97 @ 5.7k ( Based on AMD 970/SB950 ) - needs a discrete gfx card

It has USB 3.0, Sata 3, Good cooler, UEFI BIOS, good layout and Multi GPU ( either Cf or a Physx card ) support and the price is also very good - so if any one has a discrete gfx card and wants a good mobo should take a look at this ;-)

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
Anybody else only looking for a 5.5k mobo should have a look at this ;-)

Asus M5A97 @ 5.7k ( Based on AMD 970/SB950 ) - needs a discrete gfx card

It has USB 3.0, Sata 3, Good cooler, UEFI BIOS, good layout and Multi GPU ( either Cf or a Physx card ) support and the price is also very good - so if any one has a discrete gfx card and wants a good mobo should take a look at this ;-)

though this board has upward SATA ports but it will not interfare with long gfx cards because of the placing

+1 ASUS m5a97

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^but who can see the future?when i bought that was the best for that price,if it had come 2-3 months later then i could have relaxed thinking that world is going fast but after 2 weeks,Nooo...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ don't regret for what you have got - the deal and mobo you have got was best at that time - so you have got something best ;-)

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Wow thats one sweet Mobo :)

But as long as the one you got suffice to the needs it doesn't matter.

And Unless you got an SSD & Plan to CFX/SLI the one you got is equally good. Normal HDDs doesnt benefit much at all from SATA 3gbps to 6 gbps support.

sukesh1090

Adam young
yes i know that it was the best i could have got at that time.sata 6GB/s doesn't matter to me but the cross fire,in future my 6670 won't be enough then i have to buy a new gfx card but with that mobo i would have able to add another 6670 crossfire.:cry:
guys a small doubt,is it possible to connect 2 fans to a single mobo fan header?

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
You can but not recomended . Because some 120mm fans draw as much current as 0.75Amps+ . So it may burn the MOSFET(s) supplying power to the fan headers. I will recomend you to connect directly to the PSU(disclaimer - Fans will run at full rpm no control:sad:).

what is the power ratings of the fan(s) ??

Voltage X volt DC
Current (Ampere) Y Amp. Max.
Power consumption Z Watts Max.

cyxgoku

Right off the assembly line
+1 to GIGABYTE 880GM-USB3...

I Bought the same and its working smooth.
suggestions given above for sata 3 are perfectly fine as normal Harddisk's wont show much difference.

regarding gfx . many people suggested MSI HD 6850 1GB..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
OP is not replying anymore and it's over a month now - will open again if we get request from OP to open this up ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom