Alternative/Underground Indian music artists

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Rock and metal bands also use reverb, because it gives more depth to the sound, but not too much because it would interfere with the distortion or drive. Therefore, they use a lot of delay with a little reverb.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
oh... I donno so much about all these terms
vocalist also use reverb? I guess a major part of the problem was that the vocalist was also put on reverb.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Just came back from a kickass show of Ska Vengers at Bandstand in Delhi. They were totally killing it by being all anti national and sickular. They asked if there were any JNU supporters or empathisers in the audience, and everyone were that. They said that they were not there to entertain, but to make people uncomfortable. Totally anti-establishment, they really use their art to deliver hard messages to people.
Posting one video :p Modi supporters stay away

[YOUTUBE]hw8fn3Ie8WU[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That sounds awesome. Nice to know that there is a good (Ska)Punk scene in India.

I have heard of these guys, but never heard their songs before. Nice song.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
the message was nice the music felt so so...lol thought it was reggae

ok this one is good too
[YOUTUBE]MeBflNNVVr0[/YOUTUBE]

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds awesome. Nice to know that there is a good (Ska)Punk scene in India.

Yeah it was totally punk, they were like "we are glad you are here with us because that means you are not listening to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar". That just made everyone cheer. Both the vocalists have great voices, the keyboard guy was crazy good too. But what really blew everyone away was the harshness of the thematic content. There was a song on the 2002 riots also, but don't think it exists on youtube... maybe on spotify. Surprised by the Delhi scene, the place where I went to was for intimate performances. Reminded me of Bangalore.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Purchased Pentagram - Bloodywood

*i.imgur.com/UQ68UEd.jpg

Shame that I can't find their other albums anywhere.

Two of the tracks from this album:

Top Bottom