Alternate way to close a window

Neuron

Electronic.
I just discovered this way of closing any open windows in xp.I don't know if this is just a bug.

Alright,to close the window just double click on the small window icon that you see on the top left most part of the screen.[leftmost of the title bar].Sometimes you need to click faster more than twice.

Not a big thing :)

kai0

Right off the assembly line
alternatives are 1.use alt+F4 or left click on the taskbar at the bottom and select task manager and selct application all open application windows will show select the process you want to end and click end process.

Krow

Crowman
Interesting how we discover new ways to do the same thing. I still remember my excitement when I first discovered (purely by chance) that we can see properties of any file by using alt+enter in windows. Neuron has shared a similar experience here. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ then may be it will work on vista as well

@ Neuron - should I change title to Alternate way to close a window - what you say.

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
I just discovered this way of closing any open windows in xp.I don't know if this is just a bug.

Alright,to close the window just double click on the small window icon that you see on the top left most part of the screen.[leftmost of the title bar].Sometimes you need to click faster more than twice.

Not a big thing :)

This has been there since Windows 98 days (not sure of Win 95/3.1 though) and is not something new.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yupp, I knew that too but it is good to share knowledge which you have just discovered by yourself with others..

Let me share one more spooky find (those who already know, please ignore silently). Double Click your mouse on the marked region (as shown in the snapshot) of Task Manager window and see what happens next. Show it to any of your friend, they'll be baffled...

View attachment 3874

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's great to show off performance and networking tab in this way.

and for the performance and networking tab if you click on the active graph on the right side it will do the same thing.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. this has been there for a long time but I never used it as it is much much easier to use the 'x' on top right corner :D

veddotcom

Journeyman
Interesting how we discover new ways to do the same thing. I still remember my excitement when I first discovered (purely by chance) that we can see properties of any file by using alt+enter in windows. Neuron has shared a similar experience here. :)

Its better to replace ENTER Key with Double Click. i.e ALT+DoubleClick on the File

Personally I use "RIGHT-CLICK + R" to Open the property of any file..Its very Handy to me. Also you guys may try for Closing a window Right Click + C, Renaming a File Right Click + M.

Top Bottom