All webhosting and domain related queries here.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^Not sure, but if you get domain from bigrock and hosting from someone else, you will have to pay an yearly transfer fee.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
What type of transfer fee you are talking about??

There is no need of any extra fees. You just need to point/setup the DNS Server's of your Hosting from your Domain Control Panel.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
:eek: Thanks for info. :)

Whats this transfer then:

Domain Registration Prices: Affordable Domain Name Rates, Transfer ?

mrintech

Technomancer
Hi friends, planning to buy a domain and hosting space.
I centered upon these:
domain: bigrock (a .com for 10 years @ 4890INR)
hosting: outpowerhosting (not yet planned may be the beginner plan)

Is it worth spending the above money?

Please throw in some valuable suggestions

PS: My english is bad.

if you can pay in USD, I highly recommend you Namecheap and Hawkhost (Basic Plan)

Search for max discount codes before buying :)

clmlbx

Technomancer
could not reply before as I was busy so not active here, here is agian with answering a question

domain .com
minimum space: 500mb-1GB at least

Budget: 5K max yearly,including everything, I don't know rates but this is best I can spend on this. but as cheaper as possible.

for now I am looking for just one year plan

My friend recommended me hostgator which looks good with unlimited domain and unlimited bandwidth support

mrintech

Technomancer
could not reply before as I was busy so not active here, here is agian with answering a question

domain .com
minimum space: 500mb-1GB at least

Budget: 5K max yearly,including everything, I don't know rates but this is best I can spend on this. but as cheaper as possible.

for now I am looking for just one year plan

My friend recommended me hostgator which looks good with unlimited domain and unlimited bandwidth support

your friend gave you the best suggestion :)

Go with Hostgator US (hostgator.com), not HostGator India (.in)

If you wanna host/use only one domain name, than go with their Hatchling Plan. If you wanna add more than 1 Domain Name to your Account, Baby Plan is the best bet

Their Site normally shows 20% OFF Coupon, but you can use HGFLAT25OFF for 25% discount

I am using HG for more than 2 years and never had any problem with them. HG is highly reliable Webhost :)

is outpowerhosting dead or something? I dont see people recommend it anymore.

I am looking for a domain and hosting plan for basic usage. Cant pay in $$. suggest some providers?

mitraark

Decrepit
Need to host a website , initially need a free service to test site , will later shift to some cheap domain (not much traffic expected) , please suggest :(

Please suggest

1.A Free Web Hosting Service , will be using it right now to test .

2.A cheap web hosting service [ maybe Rs 50-100 per month ]

I have previously used 0fees.net

How is co.cc ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Need to host a website , initially need a free service to test site , will later shift to some cheap domain (not much traffic expected) , please suggest :(

Please suggest

1.A Free Web Hosting Service , will be using it right now to test .

2.A cheap web hosting service [ maybe Rs 50-100 per month ]

I have previously used 0fees.net

How is co.cc ?

1. DeluXe Host - 100MB Free Webspace - Home It's free, but you won't believe, it doesn't gets down and extremely reliable. (NOTE : I don't recommend it if it's for business / serious purpose. For casual purpose you can consider it. Besides it have many limitations)

2. HostSo - Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting and Web Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Reseller Hosting by HostDime are two cheapest hosting providers.

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ Is Hostso Good.. I am planning to purchase one, friend and here too recommended hostagator us site but it seems little costly to me..

Is Hostso reliable for business purposes?

And Hostdime will be one of most Expensive not cheapest starting at $14.95/month

Last edited:
Top Bottom