** All USB EVDO/HSDPA (3.5G) data cards or modems queries here **

confusedBuyer

Almost fully unconfused
thanks, going for the Huawei one...

from 3G Prepaid Packs | Best 3G Plans & Packs | Internet Packs - Tata Docomo
it seems to charge 255 rs for 1GB + 1GB...

for me, i need it mainly for only checking few things once in a while... so i'm thinking the 300 mb thing should be fine...

manoj_299

Out of Stock
It's average of Rs. 250 per GB by all operator & Rs 100 for 300MB average by all operator. I use Reliance 3G SIM which officially cost same but I get it 2 GB for Rs. 220/- Here it's popular people buy SIM preachers with Data plan for 3 month validity costing Rs. 660/- & usage allows 2GB per month @3G speed. But in this case we again buy new Sim after 3 month as normal recharge per will cost same as 255/-for 1GB. But we don't bother in changing Sim as we don't have to provide number to anyone.

confusedBuyer

Almost fully unconfused
bought the huawei e3121...

just plugged in the sim right now... it shows 2g tata docomo internet... my sim supports 3g, yet it shows only 2g... why?

Harsh23

Broken In
I am not able to forward ports on my Router...
I am using a Dlink DSL2730U Router...
When my Laptop is connected to the wifi and it's local Ip is 192.168.1.3 , the forwarded ports work...
But when my local Ip is 192.168.1.2 they do not....I have set the ports to open on both these local IP's
I have configured the NAT correctly as far as i can see..
Please someone help me ....

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
want to upgrade beetel 220bx modem firmware. is there any way to backup the current firmware so that in case of any problems, it can be flashed again.

puneet_84

orthopaedic surgeon
hello,
guys i am using BSNL EVDO 750 UL plan for last few months and i am very satisfied with it...
usually get a speed 100+KBps in MP and around 70KBps in Pune
my issue is that i am provided with pritvi UE 100 data card along with it(on rent)...
now i want to share my connection on wifi but there are no compatible devices for pritvi...
also i want to know is there any way i can download torrents using bsnl evdo... as whenever i try it gets disconnected but if i am using http downloading it stays online for days together...

so please help me in this 1) torrent downloading 2)compatible MiFi/data card+portable wifi router devices for EVDO...

doom2010

Journeyman
^^IF u can buy from outside then try to get a serria 595U or 598U. It will give u better signal reception than default Pritvi one.

sahil1033

In the zone
I've been looking for Sierra 595u but couldn't find it online. Somebody please post a link to buy it online.
P.S. I'm currently using Micromax MMX 300C

anky

Youngling
i have been using bsnl evdo (prithvi) since many months, but now since yesterday, upon clicking on connect button it is showing following error
View attachment 14475
username and password is 'cdma' and i have been using this same combination since i have bought this..what to do..? any suggestions?

sahil1033

In the zone
i have been using bsnl evdo (prithvi) since many months, but now since yesterday, upon clicking on connect button it is showing following error
View attachment 14475
username and password is 'cdma' and i have been using this same combination since i have bought this..what to do..? any suggestions?
Use 165 as username and password as well.

BhargavJ

In the zone
Not sure if my question applies to this thread, but:

I have two modems, one is a DLink one connected to the BSNL line, which I use for the laptop, the other is an Onnet one which has a Tata Photon dongle connected to it, and I use it for my mobile and IPad. This one:

Onnet Technology India - Always On Network | Products | Curro - 3G & Broadband 11n Router

I have a 1 GB plan for the Tata Photon one, and its validity is 1 month, but this time when I recharged it, the 1 GB got used in four days flat. I registered on the Tata Photon site and saw that on one day it is showing a usage of 300 MB, and on another, 600 MB, even though I hardly used it at all.

I suspect the Onnet Wifi connection has been hacked. I've read on the net that it is possible to hack the Wifi password; has anyone on this forum ever done this? :D I've set a long Wifi password, and I've also changed the 192.168.1.1 modem page password instead of admin : admin.

What I want to do is to connect only my mobile and IPad to the Onnet modem. I've read that you can set the MAC Address on the modem and then the modem will only connect to that particular device, so that even if someone gets hold of my Wifi password, it will be useless. Am I correct in thinking this can be done? I've earlier tried doing this to the DLink modem through my laptop, and everything got messed up and I had to reset and reconfigure the modem.

Thanks.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=155768]BhargavJ[/MENTION]

yup, most likely your Wifi was hacked. Also while creating Wifi networks, never use WEP as the security key. Always use WPA2, not even WPA.

And yes, you can make your Wifi network only accessible to selective MAC addresses.

Insomnia

Broken In
Guys im looking for an EVDO modem, as our local BSNL office is out of modems from 2 months, what are my options? there are many evdo modems selling in ebay, but i dont know if they work in 1x mode or evdo mode, Sierra 595u are praised here very much, so if can get it, what should i do to make it work with bsnl evdo?

Top Bottom