** All USB EVDO/HSDPA (3.5G) data cards or modems queries here **

Chetan1991

Youngling
Hey guys I want to unlock my Idea netsetter (Huawei e1732) since many operators have slashed prices while Idea still charge an exorbitant 250 for 1 GB data.
If anyone knows how to do it please mention the step by step process or point me to a webpage documenting it. I've seen many such articles on the net but they are written in such bad English its hard to trust them.
BTW will I be able to use the Idea data SIM that came with the dongle after unlocking (many tuts advise against it) ?

sahil1033

In the zone
I'm currently using Micromax MMX 300C for BSNL EVDO and my main problem is signal, so can anyone please suggest me the best possible modem which can catch signals even in remote areas as the important most thing for EVDO is signal. I've even heard that some modems are battery operated so that they can catch signals in rural areas too. Help please.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
hey guys, just help me..

i want to buy one usb dongle to use with laptop and desktop PC, i have seen many on snapdeal and flipkart with COD option

please help me which one is good

Huaweri E3121 - Rs 1595
Huawei E3121 3G Data Card: Buy Online @ Rs.1595/- | Snapdeal.com

Huawei E3131 - Rs 1980
Huawei E3131 Data Card - Buy Online @ Rs.1980/- | Snapdeal.com

or any other good option

thanks in advance

BombayBoy

Journeyman
Hey guys I want to unlock my Idea netsetter (Huawei e1732) since many operators have slashed prices while Idea still charge an exorbitant 250 for 1 GB data.
If anyone knows how to do it please mention the step by step process or point me to a webpage documenting it. I've seen many such articles on the net but they are written in such bad English its hard to trust them.
BTW will I be able to use the Idea data SIM that came with the dongle after unlocking (many tuts advise against it) ?

Yes you can unlock it. Flash a firmware & use it with any SIM with a new dialer. I did it a couple years ago (not sure if the data card model, but it was !dea).

Google is your friend.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
yes i have even unlocked a idea netsetter, there are lot of tutorial on how do it, best of luck with that,

and guys what about my question above, please help

Hey guys. I need some info about bsnl evdo. Do they really provide unlimited plan for Rs 750. I mean no FUP?. What will be the total cost if one is to take a new connection?

sahil1033

In the zone
Hey guys. I need some info about bsnl evdo. Do they really provide unlimited plan for Rs 750. I mean no FUP?. What will be the total cost if one is to take a new connection?
They do provide unlimited plan @ 750 INR but that's only for postpaid users, for prepaid users, it's 825 INR and yes there's no as such FUP.

Last edited:

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
My modem Dlink GLB802c connects with standard Gdmt and it takes upto 10 minutes to get connected . When I reset the modem it tries to connect in Adsl2+ standard and gets connected within minutes but snr is way too less and it gets disconnected . After some tries modem reverts to connecting via Gdmt and snr goes above 10 and connection gets stabilized .

Is this normal ? Or is it a modem/bsnl problem ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I bought this a while ago to access Wifi on a desktop PC of mine: TP-LINK 150 Mbps TL-WN721N Wireless N - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

But it gone kaput, and I have lost the bill. So sending it for RMA is going to be a bit challenging. Meanwhile, since I want an uninterrupted service, I want to buy another peripheral this time, which can be used to access Internet from a wireless router kept upstairs. And I think I should prefer a mobo based card based wireless adapter.

Can someone please help me finding the best one under 1k?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try contacting flipkart customer care for duplicate bill.by card based if you mean pci/pci-e wifi card then just search in flipkart but i prefer usb adapters & there is no difference between them.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
try contacting flipkart customer care for duplicate bill.by card based if you mean pci/pci-e wifi card then just search in flipkart but i prefer usb adapters & there is no difference between them.

Well actually I bought the TP Link USB card offline, from a local shop. And he refuses to give a duplicate bill. "Hum one week se zyada ke bill nahi rakhta... ". Useless local shops.

And I wanted a PCI based card since I want to remove the dependency on a USB port. Are those called, Network Interface Cards (NIC)? I have found the following:
TP-LINK TL-WN781ND 150Mbps Wireless PCI Express Network Nic - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

Should I go with it?

Or this?

D-Link DWA-525 Wireless N 150 Desktop Adapter Network Nic

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^1st card(tp-link) is pci-e card whereas 2nd card(d-link) is pci card.read the 1st comment on tp-link card flipkart page(by Andrey...) & decide accordingly.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I think I will go for D-Link one, since I need to fit this in this mobo: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - BGA FT1 - GA-E350N (rev. 1.0), which only have a PCI slot, and not PCIe.
Thanks.

arvindgr

Right off the assembly line
Doubt I've been holding from a while. Is BSNL EVDO/CDMA Coverage better than 2G/3G GSM ones. Because I'm considering an Internet soln on Go and seems like 3G Coverage is poor in Basement of my home (i.e. Even in main part of Chennai) It works excellent in terrace. Would considering EVDO type internet suffix of probs??? BSNL Users are welcome to reply. THXZ...

confusedBuyer

Almost fully unconfused
guys! i'm thinking of buying Huawei E3121 3G Data Card and using it with my tata docomo sim with 3g data since i won't be using it very often (at max once a day to check mail)... is this a good choice? also, i'm thinking i'll keep the 300 MB/month for Rs 90/month plan...

manoj_299

Out of Stock

Yea, you can use any Sim after unlocking.

Top Bottom