All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Finished Mindhunter S02 (Did not watch Sacred Games yet :p )

A bit underwhelming this time. May be they wanted to focus on the failures too.
Still, really good show and well made.

I felt, the personal story of Wendy was unnecessary. Did not contribute to story at all.
Seemed like a filler.

In mid of watching "The Great Hack", "Typewriter" and "Wu Assassins" (Iko Uwais)
^No you are not.
This is what I felt watching S02.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Boys - Season 1 .. this show was a total surprise, but with IMDB rating an 8+ I gave it a try and I was not disappointed. The premise is very unique. What if our superheroes, you know the usual superman or Aquaman or others with superpowers are not humble people, but totally corrupt. Not just corrupt, but just downright bad, so much so you can call them obnoxious. But outwardly they play nice coz of the social media, fame, politics behind that, corporate war and whatnot. And in this chaos comes a group of vigilantes who set out to expose these so-called superheroes (called sups). I loved the concept and the execution was even better. But mind you this is not for kids (thank god), it has violence, language, but appropriately fit into the flow of the series. I could stop myself from watching it. Finished the season in 3 days. Highly looking forward to SE02. Its a 7.8/10 for this one.

Available on APV,
I rated 9/10

Feels like meeting with my long lost brother in a chance of fate
:)

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Anyone seen Timeless, Extant? Is the ending proper? I mean both were cancelled, don't want to watch something that has loose ends.

icebags

Technomancer
Anyone seen Timeless, Extant? Is the ending proper? I mean both were cancelled, don't want to watch something that has loose ends.
timeless does not have a solid ending. but each episodes are more or less about each adventure. you can watch with a casual mood if you want.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Unbelievable - SE01. This is drools of quality. Based on real-life, its a story about a teenager who was charged with lying about having been raped. And the investigation of the same serial rapist. Everything is absolutely TOP NOTCH quality, the direction, the investigation, the dialogues and boy the performances, Kaitlyn Dever who played Marie the teenager gives an oscar worthy performance. So real grounded and shocking. The two lady detectives, especially Merritt Wever who played Detective Duvall, was impeccable. Realism to it highest peak. There was nothing in the show that I can point out a drawback. This will be my one of the top shows on Netflix in recent times......8/10 for this one

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unbelievable - SE01. This is drools of quality. Thanks to Liverpool for mentioning the show here.
Just curious,are you sure this is here because I don't remember mention of this series in this thread recently. Btw came across this series name by chance a few days ago & saved its name as description seemed interesting.:)

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Just curious,are you sure this is here because I don't remember mention of this series in this thread recently. Btw came across this series name by chance a few days ago & saved its name as description seemed interesting.:)

Opps sorry that was on the other forum.. EDITED ... My bad. But is your handle livepool on an other forum??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opps sorry that was on the other forum.. EDITED ... My bad. But is your handle livepool on an other forum??
No,I follow this thread regularly to keep myself updated about any new/interesting shows I am not aware of so noticed that Unbelievable was not discussed here earlier(plus I also came across it by chance a few days ago so still remembered its name).:)

meetdilip

Computer Addict
From the trailer, a few swear words, typical husband-wife comedy and cliche spy from Hollywood movies. Thought I would take a second opinion.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Watched the pilot episode of Big Little Lies few years back, it was good but couldn't continue it. Now it has ended, maybe a new season will be there if the schedules of the actors are set straight, worth the watch?

Any good miniseries?

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Big Little Lies was fuckn AWSOME. I just loved it. But I guess not every body's cup of tea, it's heavy on drama, plus more inclined towards women-centric drama so yes I can understand. But for a quality drama lover like me, I just loved it.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Big Little Lies was fuckn AWSOME. I just loved it. But I guess not every body's cup of tea, it's heavy on drama, plus more inclined towards women-centric drama so yes I can understand. But for a quality drama lover like me, I just loved it.
Thanks. Any other good miniseries that you can suggest? Like around 10 episodes series?

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Thanks. Any other good miniseries that you can suggest? Like around 10 episodes series?

10 episodes is usually a series. But I have no idea what you like, There are truckloads of series I can suggest...... so you have to give me some Genre inclination......list me your top 5 TV series ... :)

Top Bottom