All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

RBX

In the zone
Re: All TV Shows Related Discussions Here

It has good acting from James, the story is quite unpredictable, suspense thriller. Every episode is interconnected.

I beg to differ. Apart from good acting by James Spader, hardly anything interests me. If you have watched a few other crime dramas, this one is very very predictable and fades in comparison to others.

amjath

Human Spambot

I beg to differ. Apart from good acting by James Spader, hardly anything interests me. If you have watched a few other crime dramas, this one is very very predictable and fades in comparison to others.

I'm not much of a TV show watcher? The pilot for this show attracted me and connection between episodes dragged me till the end and now to season 2

Most of the Tv shows has episodes interconnected.
The Following<< Crap show of all the time

Flash

Lost in speed

Completed watching "Young Justice".

Starting "X-men" series. Loved this series since my childhood :mrgreen:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Gotham S01E02

Ah, with each passing episode its proving its in worthy hands. Hope they can keep such momentum throughout the series.

And, the scriptwriters seems to be well aware of what they are into, leaving no story points as closed.
What's with Barbara's story point? Why have a story point on her?

quan chi

mortal kombat

Is there any must not tv show thread? there should have been. I generally don't like series but since a lot of guys & my friends see them thats why I got interested & decided to watch American horror story. I admit first few episodes were good & had me hooked after that it started to get very very irritating especially that stupid character/actress violet. It brought elements from some well known movies/games & is trying very hard to act mysterious. Well is it because I don't like series or is it because the first season is not that good I don't know considering it got some good reviews.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

Is there any must not tv show thread? there should have been. I generally don't like series but since a lot of guys & my friends see them thats why I got interested & decided to watch American horror story. I admit first few episodes were good & had me hooked after that it started to get very very irritating especially that stupid character/actress violet. It brought elements from some well known movies/games & is trying very hard to act mysterious. Well is it because I don't like series or is it because the first season is not that good I don't know considering it got some good reviews.

I watched first season. It was intriguing till first 8 episodes then I lost interest. I mean, 40 mins in each episode and for 12 episodes i.e. 480Mins of horror content for a thriller/horror. Its bound to stray away.
But, I liked their concept. Waiting for an interesting story to start (skipped S02 and gonna skip S03 as they did not interest me)

Gotham S01E03
Ah...losing words of praise for this every week. Go watch.

Arrow S03E01
Average start.

POI S04E02 and 03
Hmm. Its picking up pace. Isolated cases are getting connected at the end. Hmmm

harry10

Gadgets freak

Good shows till now -
Gotham- without batman it should look incomplete but it doesn't with the terrific direction and acting.
Arrow- average pilot but I hope it picks up and I couldn't digest felicity and Arrow love angle.
Poi - interesting start and with upcoming episodes battle between Samaritan and the machine should get intense.
Flash- too cheesy but fun.
The affair- pilot was really good.
Originals and vampire diaries - predictable good start.
TBBT- it should end. I barely smile now.
The good wife- rollicking as usual.
Supernatural- Dean is gonna be badass this season.
SoA - Easily the best this season. Blood will spill like water.

There are many more I am watching.
Also started with Its always sunny in Philadelphia. Amazing show. Should have seen it earlier.

quan chi

mortal kombat

I watched first season. It was intriguing till first 8 episodes then I lost interest. I mean, 40 mins in each episode and for 12 episodes i.e. 480Mins of horror content for a thriller/horror. Its bound to stray away.
But, I liked their concept. Waiting for an interesting story to start (skipped S02 and gonna skip S03 as they did not interest me)

Gotham S01E03
Ah...losing words of praise for this every week. Go watch.

Arrow S03E01
Average start.

POI S04E02 and 03
Hmm. Its picking up pace. Isolated cases are getting connected at the end. Hmmm

Thanks for the suggestion might try gotham later. After 5 episodes I was really pissed & guessing what would happen next was easier. Those same face expressions in every episode those stupid overacting/ direction & some pretentious nonsense. It feels BORING & STUPID.
How can this even get a rating over 8?
The haunting (1963)(great influence)+ The others+ The Amityville Horror+ rosemary's baby+Frankenstein+silent hill (games)+maybe some other movies + all those qualities mentioned above = This garbage show..

clmlbx

Technomancer

Doctor Who (2005) (where the first episode is 'ROSE') : Too much scientific for a TV. show. Interesting concept. Still need to check how its different than 'X-files'

its more like BBC version of Ancient Aliens :lol: , but with good concepts and story.

I know I am pretty late on reply.. but it is "Doctor Who" & I had to reply. It is an awesome show. If you have not watched it then start ASAP. I am sci-fi fan and do watch lot of it & IMHO (may be little bias but I love that show )No tv series or movies match "Doctor Who" calibre.

I have watched just few episodes of X-Files and those two shows are totally different and Doctor who is Better In every way..

- - - Updated - - -

I am again looking for some recommendation for Sci-fi , Crime solving shows, or Adventure shows.

here is list I of show I have already watched or watching..also if anyone need views on any of those tv series will love to share. It has been long time I shared my opinion here so I don't remember what I already I did or did not, so sharing complete list.

*i58.tinypic.com/33451g5.png

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

how did you missed Fringe,one of the the best scifi tv series in recent time?The Mentalist is also good though its last season(7th one) is yet to broadcast so i suggest watching it after that.If you are looking for a comedy family type series then try Melissa & Joey.Also try Elementary(US version of Sherlock in modern time newyork with female Dr.Watson,lucy liu of charlie's angels movie).

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

Edit: Didn't see that you already have poi on ur list

clmlbx

Technomancer

how did you missed Fringe,one of the the best scifi tv series in recent time?The Mentalist is also good though its last season(7th one) is yet to broadcast so i suggest watching it after that.If you are looking for a comedy family type series then try Melissa & Joey.Also try Elementary(US version of Sherlock in modern time newyork with female Dr.Watson,lucy liu of charlie's angels movie).

Have not seen those shows but after reading synopsis on IMDB It seemed Fringe,Mentalist,Castle, White collar (little bit) have similar story & I was already watching Castle, White collar so I skipped those two shows. guess will try fringe.

Edit: Didn't see that you already have poi on ur list

No problem :thumbs:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Have not seen those shows but after reading synopsis on IMDB It seemed Fringe,Mentalist,Castle, White collar (little bit) have similar story & I was already watching Castle, White collar so I skipped those two shows. guess will try fringe.

I watched a few episodes of The Mentalist, it was similar to Castle without the humor. Fringe was suggested by my friend, I have it but don't get enough time to watch it.

Have you tried Chuck? You will either hate it or absolutely love it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Mentalist is not similar to castle in the sense that there is almost no mystery,lead character mostly figure out everything in the beginning itself & the rest is just process of confirmation of his theory.In castle that does not happen until the later half or sometimes near the end.Fringe starts slow but pick up pace from s02 & very good s03 & s04,last season is not that good but does give a definite ending tying up all loose ends.Chuck was good upto s03,s04 & 05 were just average to below average.

Top Bottom