All laptop related queries here!!!

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Hello All,
Any DV6 owner from our series(dv6 6XXX 2011 Model with HD 6770M graphics) tried Win 8.1 on their laptop?? Any issues with respect to drivers??
Which AMD driver did you use??SOftPaq Number please??
I am running genuine Win 8 Pro on my DV6 and its running fine...An upgrade is available in Windows Store...Will any issues arise after update??

- - - Updated - - -

orig is like 1.6k

But its worth the extra bucks. Charging current ratings vary in these lapcare chargers. I have personally used lapcare battery and charger for my Lenovo Z570...Battery used to heat a lot,and when charger was used,Mobo died after 3 months or so...
The laptop repairing centre of my city told that there are micro resistors and capacitors used across the mobo,and any variation in charging current ratings cause them to conk off.

Nil253259

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys!!
I am going for my MBA study within a month and for this I need a laptop which needs to server me for the next 2 years. As you can understand the laptop is going to be used for daily activities like browsing/making presentations/MS Office related works and probably for light gaming (On holidays).

So here are the requirements in summary:
1) Price range : 30,000 - 40,000, though looking to spend as less as possible.
2) Processor : Maybe i3 would do if there isn't much of a performance difference
3) Screen : 15.6" should do.
4) Graphics : Light casual gaming like FIFA 14
5) RAM : 4 GB
6) Keyboard and Touchpad : Backlit, though not necessary.
7) Thickness and weight : As low as possible.
8) Brands: No inclination
9) Storage : 500 GB minimum.
10) Battery Backup : Normal.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get this :
*www.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo-g510-59382843-4th-gen/1471327106

and use promo code :750OFF

Nitish07

Broken In
Hey, I am looking for a pretty basic config laptop. Something in the range of 50K.
Things that I absolutely want are -
Windows-8 Professional/Ultimate operating system
3rd generation IntelR Core T i5-processor (3M cache, upto 2.6 GHz ) [4th generation if available within the budget]
4 GB DDR3 1600MHz memory
500 GB (minimum) hard drive with 32GB mSATA.

Any recommendations?

Also what do you guys think about Lenovo Ideapad Flex 14 (i5 model)
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-fl...+14+&ref=a017e3fa-6d89-4215-a0a1-49e5473f2c97

chris

In the zone
I am looking for a laptop below 35K.

I will be using Ubuntu as OS. So anyone provide laptop with Ubuntu OS or i have to pay for Windows ?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I am looking for a laptop below 35K.

I will be using Ubuntu as OS. So anyone provide laptop with Ubuntu OS or i have to pay for Windows ?

Your usage & size preference ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I am looking for a pretty basic config laptop. Something in the range of 50K.
Things that I absolutely want are -
Windows-8 Professional/Ultimate operating system
3rd generation IntelR Core T i5-processor (3M cache, upto 2.6 GHz ) [4th generation if available within the budget]
4 GB DDR3 1600MHz memory
500 GB (minimum) hard drive with 32GB mSATA.

Any recommendations?

Also what do you guys think about Lenovo Ideapad Flex 14 (i5 model)
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-fl...+14+&ref=a017e3fa-6d89-4215-a0a1-49e5473f2c97

Basic in 50k ?

chris

In the zone

Size, i am not sure, i guess anything is OK as long as it is in budget and not ugly :)

It will be for some PHP coding + some older games if possible (Minecraft, Counter strike source, not sure this can be run, not really needed).

I found this, look good and in my budget.

*www.flipkart.com/dell-vostro-2520-laptop-3rd-gen-ci3-4gb-500gb-ubuntu/p/itmdhjvnhhpuy9js

This is good purchase ?

Nitish07

Broken In

- - - Updated - - -

Basic in 50k ?

Yeah.. That is kind of basic for me I currently have a Samsung NP550. This other laptop is mostly for official work. Any suggestions. The range can go max. till 50K but if I get a good deal at lower [price I would go for it

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Yeah.. That is kind of basic for me I currently have a Samsung NP550. This other laptop is mostly for official work. Any suggestions. The range can go max. till 50K but if I get a good deal at lower [price I would go for it

Lenovo Z510

sushovan

In the zone
is there anyway to get the Lenovo Z510 i5 version with DOS or Linux? at 45K it looks tempting but the windows 8.1 is a bugger for me :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Op does not like win 8.1 so he is not interested in paying for that. A version [ if there's any at all ] with dos/linux is going to be a little cheap.

chris

In the zone
I think Op does not like win 8.1 so he is not interested in paying for that. A version [ if there's any at all ] with dos/linux is going to be a little cheap.

If some one buy a DOS laptop, plz post a picture, i have not seen it for years. They will be shipping years old MS DOS ? Or it is still updated ?

sushovan

In the zone
I dont like Windows 8.1 laptops cause I already have a genuine Win 7 HP key with me :cool: therefore dont want to waste money (included in lappy price) on the crap win 8 :| but these brands are making it hard by disabling windows 7 installation by not releasing drivers. one of my friends bought HP n204tx and he couldnot make windows 7 work on it cause of the lack of drivers.

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006

+1

and...
..a little cheap.
?:|
there's a fkn margin of abt 2.x-4k INR easily from those having M$ $hite and DOS/ubuntu ones depending upon make/model

- - - Updated - - -

I dont like Windows 8.1 laptops cause I already have a genuine Win 7 HP key with me :cool: therefore dont want to waste money (included in lappy price) on the crap win 8 :| but these brands are making it hard by disabling windows 7 installation by not releasing drivers. one of my friends bought HP n204tx and he couldnot make windows 7 work on it cause of the lack of drivers.

now you're talking business..these big companies will tend to do so..for another 5-8 years atleast

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I want to buy corsair 8GB ram for my laptop (Lenovo g510 i5) which requires DDR3L (1.35 V) instead of the ususal DDR3 (1.5 V)
I searched whole kolkata markewt but nobody has it. instead they have kingston model.

so. what should i buy ?

will normal DDR3 laptop ram work in my laptop its i5 4th gen.
also, here is my HW info screenshot :
*i.imgur.com/iBTb476.jpg

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
as long as the timings and speed are the same memory modules with different volts should work fine though as per the spec you should not use 1.5v modules.

Look for DDR3L 1600 Mhz C11 ram modules on site like ebay or get some from amazon.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
as long as the timings and speed are the same memory modules with different volts should work fine though as per the spec you should not use 1.5v modules.

Look for DDR3L 1600 Mhz C11 ram modules on site like ebay or get some from amazon.

on ebay,, they are available for 9k bucks, which is much more.
and on amazon, its not available.
what about kingston ?
only those are available here locally apart from other cheapo brands.

Top Bottom